Recommend novels written from the perspective of someone looking back over their life

Recommend novels written from the perspective of someone looking back over their life

Pleb, but, Tokyo Blues (Norwegian Blues), Murakami

Savage detectives

How?

The whole big middle section is a recount of the lives of Belano and Ulises, though it's not them looking back on it, so yeah, not sure either how this fits
This though. This fits. Also Amulet.

by night in chile
agape agape
death of ivan ilyich

Why death of ivan? It starts with his death and then goes back, but it's not he himself looking back. So technically we don't have evidence the main ever kooks back over his life. I'm remembering that correctly right?

My Struggle by Karl Ove Knausgaard.

nah he definitely reflects on his life and "realizes the errors of his ways" and all that shit

Oh right, he does near the end start to reflect. Gotcha. I was thinking about the framing device with his death in the beginning ×)

Norwegian Wood

My diary desu.

The Loser by Bernhard

For something by a more modern writer, Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle, who's probably more well known as a musician.

I was worried because of his friendship with John Green, but it's an excellent, stripped-down character study.

Read literally any memoir/autobiography

>novel
>pic related

young once

The Rings of Saturn by Sebald

fucking great book

notes from the underground
the guy tells you how he wasted his entire life

A farewell to arms

tristram shandy by laurence sterne

100000X this

best answer tbqh

A river runs through it

thanks its a great book

i can't fucking find the first one . link me up user

Gilead by Marylnn Robinson

Mr. Palomar by Italo Calvino

D I V I N E C O M E D Y

The Name of the Rose

>33 posts
>27 unique posters
>Nobody has mentioned In Search of Lost Time yet, which is the greatest piece of literature where someone looks through their memories, and one of the greatest in general.

You guys had one job, what the hell...

>no posts for Zeno's Conscience

You guys are so pleb

The Remains of the Day

harry potter has a lot of good reflection scenes from harry potter and other wizards and spellcrafters