I was talking with my non Veeky Forums gf about books (more like me telling her shit that I read) and she seemed...

I was talking with my non Veeky Forums gf about books (more like me telling her shit that I read) and she seemed interested. She doesn't read but she told me she would read if I suggest her a good book.

So Veeky Forums time to be useful for one fucking moment in your life. Suggest me some books that are ok to give to a gf and make her read more. I have this once chance to make my beautiful gf into a beautiful Veeky Forums patrician gf

Probably something like the bell jar

Areas of interest?

Generic answer: 100 years of solitude

no one cares about your slag gf

Buy her a copy of Hogg

She's into tech, IT, computers and everything PC, electronics and computer shit.
But I don't think she wants to READ about stuff that she works with. Suggest me something easy to grasp, easy to understand, fun.

No fucking greeks, I already tried.

Areas of interest means non-professional. If none, good luck and go with the generic answer.

For Her Own Good: Two Centuries of the Experts Advice to Women

give her this thing :)

If you yourself actually read you would be able to tell her yourself but whatever.
>HG Wells
>A Hero of Our Time
>Hesse
>Steinbeck
>Bataille
>Pasternak
>Chesterton
>Bulgakov
>Salinger
>Kesey
>Wilde
>Lot 49
etc etc

I can barely discuss what I read with literature and history scholars let alone a simple, naive girl who never reads.

Judging by Goodreads, and my intuition, women respond well to reading Theodore Sturgeon. I believe it is the melodrama and emphasis on the transforming power of love. In any case, he is a peddler of thought provoking and entertaining speculative fiction, well regarded by critics and readers alike, including myself.

I recommend More Than Human and The Dreaming Jewels in particular.

Women seem to like Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-5 also.

Starting with the Greeks is silly, for most people. She should start with the classics of children's lit that she should have read growing up but probably didn't. They're easy to read, pleasant, contain valuable cultural touchstones, and for the most part they're fucking great.
My essential list:
Lewis Carroll: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland 1865
Louisa May Alcott: Little Women 1868
Mark Twain: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer 1876
Robert Louis Stevenson: Treasure Island 1883
Beatrix Potter: The Tale of Peter Rabbit 1902
Margery Williams Bianco: The Velveteen Rabbit, or How Toys Become Real 1922
Lucy Maud Montgomery: Anne of Green Gables 1908
Kenneth Grahame: The Wind in the Willows 1908
James M. Barrie: Peter and Wendy 1911
E.B. White: Charlotte’s Web 1952

Seriously, everybody should read these, and if you haven't, you're not well-read. Buy her a nice edition of Wind in the WIllows with the Sheppard or Rackham illustrations.

I second this post.
Alice in Wonderland is one of the comfiest reads. I have a treasured edition of it that I keep with me always.

books I've given my gfs and they loved
-the virgin suicides
-Vurt
-lolita

books I thought they would like and they hated
-never let me go
-infinite jest

>Wind in the Willows
I still have one with illustrations by Kincaid, always loved it as a child
thanks Grandma

Peter Pan

>lolita

Tell your girlfriend I want to drink her bath water.

Gone girl, all the light we cannot see, sookie stackhouse shit

give her some vonnegut. Easy enough for entry lit, but also has some meaning behind it

>women

Barnes. Can't go wrong. Bitches love him.

William Gibson

Start with Neuromancer or start with Pattern Recognition. If she likes them then there are two successors to each book.

Don't OP.
My gf of four years recently expressed interest in reading, so I gave her the bell jar, girls love the bell jar. She didn't understand it and it was a chore.

She's now slowly working her way through the first harry potter.

Well what do you read?

Can boys like the bell jar?