Well, Veeky Forums?

Well, Veeky Forums?

And just so we can keep it Veeky Forums, is there any literature on this whole "personal freedom vs dumbass 'clothing'" debate?

Whoa, spooky shit, OP

This is a kind of choice feminism right?

If you want to involve Stirner (if I understood him correcly) into this my concern is this: is it their property or is it a spook?

Do both women really do it because it is their own choice, or not? Does it matter? Why?

>Implying the one on the left isn't just trying to piss off daddy while spending all his money on a worthless degree
>Implying the one on the right can choose to wear anything else without having acid thrown in her face by an insanely jealous husband

I always find 'empower' to be an interesting choice of word.

Basically an admission of weakness.

The one on the right can never be empowering because it is rooted in oppression. It's like Jews wearing gold stars to be strong. It is a symbol of oppression, nothing more.

I like the comparison m8

Lol yeah basically

>my set of shackles and chains is empowering

you can tell it's drawn by a woman by the way the nipples are drawn

good opportunity for you to learn, virgins

Women are just mind-bogglingly horrible. It is actually amazing, literally amazing, how awful they are. Everything they do is self-centered childish shit.

They can't even be self-centered adults, or selflessly childish. They have to be both self-centered and childish at the same time. At least if they were some combination, they could be interestingly ruthless or sweetly naive. Instead, it's just a biiiiiiiiig fuckin' baby shitting its pants 24/7 and demanding free money for existing. They have and desire no personal responsibility, but they want to be praised constantly for everything.

They are like a caricature of stunted development. It's like actual babies walking around, and, somehow, voting.

Attention is empowering so technically the nudity thing of the first one is correct, due to all the positive male attention she would gather. The second one is a restraint and is the polar opposite of empowerment.

this tbqhwyds

I have had a hard time figuring out wether this is a result of how society treats women so specially, or if women are just naturally shit. What would your take on the matter be?

What exactly is empowering about taking your clothes off in public? Feminists keep using that word, but I don't think they know what it means. No one gives a shit about your slut march or your free the nipple campaign. This isn't Victorian England.

and this is why i married a man

It's ten thousand fucking years of being treated as objects, man. And like a million years before that of being half-apes who all the men fought over.

When men invented egalitarianism, humanism, and feminism to free women from "bondage," all they saw were the strictures, shit like "Y'all niggas can't have property because you're too fucking dumb to manage it." They didn't see all the other shit, like the fact that 70% of male culture is just strategising displays of virtue to get laid.

I was browsing OKCupid earlier and I came across this chick who was really boring and awful, and she had in her profile
>I'm not looking for a hookup or to EVER meet! I'm ONLY looking for fun conversation partners!
and while my reaction was to write her off, there will be dozens if not hundreds of men who talk to her, either because they explicitly hope to get her to fuck them eventually anyway, or because they're not even that aware, and their idiot brain is just like
>WOW A LADY, I LOVE LADIES!!!

The end result is that she'll end up having fake conversation with people who talk to her because she's a woman for ten thousand hours. She might even make """"""friendships"'""" that span years, all on a phony basis. And she'll never become actually interesting or meet people who actually scrutinise her personality or her mind.

Behaviours like these in men are rooted in and reinforced by physiology and basic instincts, but they also have entire mutually connected cultural complexes. OKCupid itself is an outgrowth of courtship, which is arguably man's major pastime. The gullibility that makes her think men want to talk to her is an outgrowth of men systemically saying "no, of course I'm interested in your personality! I swear!" because of the instinct "don't upset potential pussy."

The whole thing fucking sucks. They're totally prevented from becoming human. They need to build a giant burka spaceship and blast off to Venus and come back when men forget what sex is.

it's the result of a society that has indoctrinated women into believing that the entire world is against them, when in reality the margins at this point are razor thin. my boss is a woman, boss's boss is a woman, and 75% of my office is women. women are being hired in STEM fields at a great percentage than men. women are much more likely to be comforted and helped through financial crisis. there's nothing easier in the world than being a woman, yet that's the opposite of what they want you to believe.

This attitude is retarded. While it's true that modesty and nudity are both empowering in specific contexts, an act is not empowering because a way is the actor.

If a man tells a woman to take off her clothes, and she does so, she is disappearing herself.

I don't like to think or talk about identity politics.

It just seems lazy. The self is a weird concept and it seems they are taking advantage of that. Anything can empower anyone, why bring this up?

>there's nothing easier in the world than being a woman
In the Western world*

Let's be fair. I wouldn't want to be a woman in the middle east.

fair point, but even the west is now acting like Islam is a religion that empowers women. the cognitive dissonance is mind blowing.

This thread shouldn't exist, but fwiw I really don't get why France literally bans articles of clothing in the name of freedom. It's the weirdest shit.

Pepe gets it right.

>the west
>is not better for women than middle east because
>Western politicians say something nice about Islam for the press
shit my man, I don't even like the anglosphere that much, but what you're saying makes zero sense

I think the problem is you think user's saying something that user isn't.

hey guys, what is empowering even supposed to mean?

it seems like a bit of a buzzword

amen, now how do i find a man to marry

Feminists don't say Islam empowers women, but that some Western Muslims believe their identity as a Muslim to be empowering in a generally anti-Muslim society

IRC.