Rum

doing some rum shopping for the next couple of weekends, was wondering if I could get some input on a couple before I buy? I'm more inclined to trust an unvarnished opinion here from somebody with demonstrable knowledge.

First up is pic related. Seems to be a solid lighter rum for cocktails at its price point.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers's_Rum
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Second is this Coruba, I bought a bottle of Gosling's the other day for Dark and Stormies, but this is significantly less.

lads

OP if you come back 60 minutes just did a piece on havannah club last week. recommend you look it up and watch it.

Also if im in the mood for a dark rum i drink myers.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers's_Rum

The two widely available havana clubs are good stuff. The white rum in the yellow bottle, and the aged 7yr in the black bottle.

Want dark? Myers, goslings, plantation. Want a really flavorful molasses bomb? Cruzan black strap rum.

Aged sippers? Start with appleton 12, cruzan single barrel, diplomatico exclusiva, el dorado 12yr, pussers 15yr (this one is amazingly dope), mt gay extra old.

Good ol white rum? I use a huge bottle of cruzan white. Standard. Compare to baccardi. Get whichever is cheapest.

Zaya used to be good, but now it's more like a vanilla mixer.

Pyrat is decent, but has a super powerful orange taste and smell. if you don't mind it, then give it a shot.

151 rums are good if you want a mixer with some power to it. Or something to put in a flask and keep you warm in the winter.

Fortuna 8yr, pampero, baccardi 8yr, flor de cana 7yr+.

Just wanna get blitzed? Get a bottle of baccardi 151 or any other cheap 151 rum. Or 100 proof captain morgan.

Personally I'm a Zacapa fan because it has a rather refined taste of the oak sherry bottles it was ripened in. But I would recommend it if you want a smooth rum or want to use it in a cocktail for this it's simply too complex and probably too expensive as well.

Master race rum coming through

Another of my favorites

Think this one was mentioned already. The 21 is great, but honestly even the 8 year aged is very nice

These look fancy.
Whats the price tag?

forgot to mention brugal. the srandard blue label one is a decent mixer.

also, the new puerto rican havana club...no good. pass it over for something better.

zacapa is good too. bit pricey though.

also got stuff like lambs navy, doorlys, cockspur, old monk xxx.

spiced i forgot. got sailor jerrys, kraken, blackheart, admiral nelson. i don't drink this stuff much. kraken if anything. reminds me of dr pepper.

The eldorado is like 60$ cad if i recall correctly. Probably around there for aniversario...maybe slightly more

if you can find it, get honey rum. its 20% or 40 proof, but is smooth like honey, and sweet like honey

I was aware of the Havana club for the US market being different due to the embargo. Might look into it for something to watch.

Cheers for the recs guys.

Can we get Havana Club in 'murrica now?

>sweet
>smooth
>honey
>20%
This is all a negative. I'm not even certain it's rum you're talking about, rather some obnoxious liqueur.

Rum selection around where I live isn't really great, but my favorite all around rum is probably Plantation.

Strictly for mixing with coke, I think Bacardi 8yr is the best I have had.

Plantation 20th aniversary for a magnificient sipper.

This is ma JAM

i enjoy the costco brand
am i a pleb