All I want to do is learn how to enjoy pickles. This is literally the only snack my dad ever buys...

All I want to do is learn how to enjoy pickles. This is literally the only snack my dad ever buys, and he enjoys the fuck out of them. I want to like them to, but there is just something so.. not good about them. I need to learn how to like these fuckers. How can I make these better? Would I be a faggot if I don't learn to just eat them out of the jar?

Start buying reubens and consume the entire pickle after you have eaten half the sandwich. Literally learned how to like pickles over the course of 6 months after I started doing that.

Try some half sours or bread and butter pickles if you don't like dill. I personally make spicy pickles that I really enjoy.

But in the end, some people don't like some things, it happens.

Why reubens? Are they known to go good with pickles or something?

user, would you mind sharing your process for making pickles? I've been wanting to give it a shot for a while now, and spicy pickles sound good

Open up your pallette to other sour acidic dishes

Get a large mason jar.

Boil in a saucepan 4 cups water, 1 1/2 cups white vinegar, 1 Tbs sugar, 1 Tbs salt.

Quarter 2 cucumbers 1/4 ways.

Mix them with minced garlic, fresh dill and your choice of spice in the mason jar and wait at least a week before eating.

For my spice I throw in a trinidad moruga scorpion pepper during the pickling.

Oh and I use some coriander and mustard seeds in my pickling mix.

What are some god-tier things to pickle other than cucumbers?

Peppers, have you never heard of pickled peppers?

Also pigs feet and the like if that's your thing.

Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers

Also, garlic

I make my own pickles, I usually have a big jar of mild and spicy pickles in my fridge at all times. Some other good things to pickle are garlic, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, eggs (can also do red beet eggs or buffalo eggs), and sausage (kielbasa and ring bologna are popular where I'm from). Pickle backs are also amazing with homemade pickle juice.

Onions

jews truly make the best pickles
I remember hearing stories about my great grandfather having accidentally pickled the family dog

I think you just generally need to get used to pickled stuff. They sell assortments that have a a ton of different kinds of pickled veggies so you can pick and choose.

growing your own cucumbers and pickling them is really nice to do, and it tastes better at the end than store bought pickles.

Turnips, goes great with Middle Eastern food like falafel.

Northen pike

This is true, Jews are pickle wizards.

I literally cant buy pickles because I'll eat the entire jar in one sitting and then piss vinegar out my ass for the rest of the day

>Why reubens? Are they known to go good with pickles or something?
Yes, exactly this. If you goto a place that doesn't serve it with a pickle it means they are giving you a bad Reuben

Kys, kike