Just finished this, what did you guys take from it?

Just finished this, what did you guys take from it?

you start.

gregor couldn't get out of bed...
such is life

It's about shame and letting down your family

>Gregor one morning
>awoke
P straightforward so far
>and found himself into a monstrous vermin
I wonder what it's going to be. Swallowed? Bumped?
>transformed
???.jpg

Also agree with D&G, trying to psychoanalyse Kafka is yawnsville.

a bugs life

If you violate my privacy, I will make you regret it.

*throws apples*

i didn't see why everyone loses their minds over it. maybe it's cool since it was the first of its kind or something, but other than that it was just okay

Why not rate it out of 5 too?

Doesn't want to give his mental disability away too easily.

(you)=doesn.t want to give his superstition a platform to cheseeleeeee.

kafka is the man. you can't beat him for titles.

DIE VERWANDLUNG

it immediately makes you think: who's verwandlung? and why does somebody want him dead?

5/7 post

That was a good post.

the same is true for the phone book

The first thought i had when i finished the book was about old people. It made me think of how they suported their families for their whole life (most of them), and then, sudenly, they become a burden to their families and to themselves.

From there I started thinking of people who go through some kind of disability (physical or mental), and how even the people that love them the most will eventually get tired and move on, wich is exacly what happens to Gregors sister.

But there are many other messages you can get from this book. Especially about how people can conform to most situations, and sometimes
get trapped in them.

Did Kafka speak Hebrew or Yiddish or both or neither?

it takes a German speaker minutes to pick up Yiddish. Yiddish is to German what the Brooklyn accent is to American-English, only Yiddish is spelled differently than German and not just for style.

>i legit rate things out of 7

>this is my DIE
> it LUNGS my VERWANS

yeah you just have to adjust your out of 10 ratings a little bit, f.e 9/10 rating would be a 6.3/7 rating instead

Yes

>Yiddish is to German what the Brooklyn accent is to American-English
So you're saying it's pronounced Kwafka?

I think its because i saw some Facebook screenshot thing of some guy being trolled and he accidently gave a film 5/7 and was mocked for it.

Me and a friend found it and now we rate everything out of 7. It's surprising how annoying people find it

This isn't funny but I'm laughing

The book made me lol and books never make me lol

Sometimes green texts make me lol but definately not books

I wish there was a book that could make me scared the way this book made me lol and I'm talking literature not some book full of spoopy pasta

it's just his oblomov, his confederacy of dunces...

idk it was a hard read for me bro, but i think i got it
he isn't literally transformed into a bug you see, it's just a big metaphore which is used to show how alienated he is!
christ, kafka was a genious :D

Mataphormasis

true that brother
upvoted

Why not both?

DUD EIS A BUG LMFAO

That Kafka was a pussy