Hey guys, I need to read Siddhartha before the end of next week, so not much time at all

Hey guys, I need to read Siddhartha before the end of next week, so not much time at all.
I don't have a physical book and was trying to read it online and even tried an audio book.
The book bored me to death and some shit was weird or difficult to understand.
How can I read the book?! It literally bored me to death, I don't like it at all.
What are some things that I can do? Literally not even half way through The Son Of The Brahman section.
Gonna get tested and asked a bunch of questions about the book.
Should I just read many summaries or some shit? Please help.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/0553208845/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
amazon.com/gp/product/0553208845/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You could try to get good.
I read that book make in high school, it's not that hard.

What?

Just use sparknotes or something

Its an extremely short book. Pop the audiobook in and go for a long walk/ride/whatever two days in a row if you really cant take reading it.

Are you not understanding things because of the hindu/buddist background? Read some wiki articles.

Seriously dude, this is like "i have a 100 word essay due tomorrow" level

You can read it in a sitting. Find a good time to get focused, sit down, and get it done.

>Siddartha
>difficult
It's a super simple novella, you're either lazy or clinically retarded

>so not much time at all
IT TAKES THREE HOURS AT MOST'

God just read the book you worthless cunt

How much information does this give compared to reading the actual book? I have heard some people say that the summaries don't give as much.

I understand that it is a very short book but I literally fell asleep trying to read it and even tried the audio book, I have no interest in reading it, it's super fucking boring! I know that it isn't very hard but I can't.

>You could try to get good
git gud

kek

>It's super boring
I don't see how the book can really bore you when it's 1. pretty packed with stuff going on and 2. really straightforward.

It's a book that was taught in my 7th and 8th grade curriculum, don't really see how much more simple and engaging it can get.

Just don't be a pussy and read the damn thing

SparkNotes will only do so much, depends on your teacher and the test. Good teachers will read the SparkNotes and make questions that aren't on there. If there is an essay where you'll need to use parts of the text to explain your points it'll be obvious you didn't spend much time on it.

I read it in a weekend before an AP lit thing a couple of years ago. It's short and very easy to understand, just buy a copy and return it after you finish pleb. Or better yet keep it and try to learn something

I think it would be easier for me with a physical copy, and honestly I don't like trying to think about the old English much.

I could do that, maybe I should order the book, it would get here on Friday. How long did it take you to read? And is physical better than digital.

Its a fucking 90 page book, I finished it in an hour and a half between a bath and 2 glasses of wine.

Damn. The e-book makes it seem much much longer, because it doesn't really say how many pages.

Did you have any problems with the old English?
Also how fast were you reading? I don't know if I should underline and take my time and make sure I understand everything.

amazon.com/gp/product/0553208845/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Thinking about ordering this version of the book, probably gonna order within the next few minutes.

Is this the first book you ever read? Pirate it and read it on your tablet or something right now. It fucking hammers you on the head with its themes and points, its not very subtle, and it isnt unpleasant.

Assuming this isn't bait, you should probably get treated for ADHD or something

Not going to read right now because I am somewhat sleepy but I will tomorrow.
I tried reading it on my Phone but it's a hassle, I rather read the book over the weekend and be able to highlight and underline and all of that shit.

Not bait...

OP we are not here to do your homework for you. You should have finished your summer reading, or if you wanted to push it off at least be willing to take care of the work assigned to you.

You're not getting sympathy here as to how "boring" the book is because most of the people here don't just read to complete highschool assignments, we read because we enjoy it, and/or are living memes.

If you want to get into reading, which would be worth your while, then stick around, check out the sticky, and try to read and think about Siddhartha, it's a great first book to get into. Otherwise fuck off.

So you are saying:

Veeky Forums how can i not read the book, but get all the information and experience of reading the book, without reading it because i dont want to?

You can try:
- putting a bit of effort into listening while you do something else not too distracting

- Just powering through however many pages per day you need to do to finish on time

- Or not reading it and looking at summaries.

There is no Old English in Siddhartha.

I am not asking you guys to do anything for me, I am just asking a question.
I am willing to read the book in fact I will do it as soon as I get the book.
I just wanted to know how to be able to focus on the book, and not get bored.

Audio book is 5 hours long. I might as well go to my local park and sit under a tree and read it in 3 or 4 hours.

He probably means the use of words like quoth and thy (i had to just go into the ebook because I remembered the prose being incredibly straightforward)

Yea exactly words like that, I read a bunch of weird words like that. One reason why I like a book better than the e-book or audio book because I can interact with the book and underline and search shit up.

Ok OP. Sorry for attitude.

I suggest trying pomodoro timers to get it done. It can be hard to start something you dont want to do, but once you kinda get into it its usually not so bad. Reading can be the same. So yeah. Head over somewhere you dont have much else to distract you(park) and read for 15, 20, 25 minutes, whatever, then break for 5. Repeat.

The book will go by quick, it really is simple. The "old english"...whats the trouble there?

No problem man, I understand. Thinking about going a Friday afternoon to the Park and reading about half, and then on Saturday Morning like 8 or 9 am reading the other half.

I want to read it, but it got boring and that threw me off a bit.
If I sit down and read through at a normal pace underlining and doing things of that sort, how long would it take me to finish?

Like this user said, there are a bunch of confusing words and phrases that would require me to search up or find out from the context.

Siddhartha and Demian are middle school level reading

>I just wanted to know how to be able to focus on the book, and not get bored.
>how do I use my mind and its capabilities

That's your job as an individual to figure out for yourself. Don't ask anyone anymore questions before asking yourself.

This user gave me some nice advice and I am going to take it. Have you ever had any issues concentrating on something? It happens man, at some point or another. I am actually trying to read it, and I will.

To be honest i found the book pretty boring in a way myself, but parts of it were interesting or tickled my fancy so i kept going. That and it was kind of relaxing. But the beginning was pretty boring imo.

I dunno what normal pace is but it took me like 3 days reading it pretty leisurely. Library book, so no underlining... If youre underlining and looking stuff up and having to figure stuff out...maybe 5 days?

What specifically confuses you besides the older english terms?

>OP cannot bring himself to read 150 pages
>fails out of school
>shames his father
>decides to join cult
>realizes cult leader is full of shit
>leaves, gets sales job on craigslist
>good salesman, gets attention of his boss
>has affair with his boss, fucks her every day even though she is busted
>ends up quitting his job and his lover
>homeless for a while, wanders the SW US
>ends up hitchhiking across the country eating peyote
>becomes a lobsterman in maine, starts shooting heroin
>20 years later a young guy shows up
>ops son
>he tries to teach him how to be a lobsterman, fuckin fails
>his kid ditches him cause he's a fuckin loser
>OP makes the catch of the century
>gets caught in a storm
>disappears in the waves, realizing that everything is a circle and that his errors will repeat after him in infinity

book is easy you twat just read it. You dont want this shit to happen do you?

I just want to know if its the religious stuff or something else, maybe i can point you to a list of terms or something to help.

When something confuses me in a book i stop and try to figure it out, til i hit that point of clarity. It can mean rereading a paragraph/sentence a bunch or flipping back but understanding is worth it.

wtf i literally read siddhartha in one sitting in 1-2 hrs and it was probably the most easy to read, enjoyable book i have ever read. i gave a copy to my 8th grade nephew

I want to get over with it quickly, don't want to, and don't have enough time to split it between so many days. Something that I need to finish over the weekend.

Besides the older English nothing confuses me much, maybe a few but not much. I have only read the beginning so I am not sure about the rest of the book.

What?

Can I do the same? I am a fairly good reader, my only problem with the book was that it bored me and I got sleepy and shit.

amazon.com/gp/product/0553208845/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought this version if it matters. Heard that some of the books were different.

Two questions:
Do you have a leaning disability?
If not, then how can you not read a fucking 170 page book in 9-10 days?

I feel like I'm being absolutely memed right now; I'm actually semi-annoyed.

I have much less than 9-10 days mane, it would be ideal to finish this weekend.

at this point you should just be listening/reading instead of looking at posts on w2c reading ability

Ok well the same concept stands: you have plenty of time to finish that shit.

Tomorrow I am going to read the summaries and shit on sparknotes, and on Friday when I get the book gonna dig in and start reading.

Yea, somewhat.

>Veeky Forums being this autistic

Guys stop feeding this kid. It's clearly bait

It's not bait and I am not a kid.
All I was wanting to know was ways to stay on focus and not get bored and shit, I know it's not the longest and shit.

you clearly have an attention or learning disability or both
if this assignment is too hard for you just give up because it is literally one of the easiest book assignments you could be given

OP are you a troll or just fucking retarded? Either way you need to fuck off.

Honestly it's 170 pages. Get off Veeky Forums

In the time it took you to make and monitor this thread, you could have gotten a good portion of your reading assignment done.

Not only is it fucking 170 pages, it's an easy 170 pages. The story would be significantly different if he were having to read 170 pages of Beckett in two days.

Not really because I am waiting for the book to come in the mail, should be here Friday.

I taught it was less than that.

Not trolling at all

Bump

What is a library, Alex?

Yea that would be a good place to go, but I am much loser to the park, I am sure that I can find a place that would be good to sit down and relax on, and concentrate and reading the book.