Is it even possible to understand The Human Condition as a virgin who's never been in an intimate relationship...

Is it even possible to understand The Human Condition as a virgin who's never been in an intimate relationship? Am I merely wasting my time trying to read and understand all these great works of literature as someone unlikely to ever be in a serious relationship?

You don't need sex for a serious relationship, lad

Probably yes considering you live the peak of insecurity and dissatisfaction in your life because it's what you characterise yourself by

No, it's not possible.

But don't worry friend, we have all been there.

I'm past 30 and I've stopped paying attention to certain categories of life for this reason, except inasmuch as I am aware that they form common life for most. I still like music, art, lit, that type of thing, but meh. I like history and collecting meme-books, but I realized that buying a copy of the Kama Sutra, for example, with the serious intent of "reading it as literature" would be absurd. I might still do just that.

OTOH when you're older, just by osmosis alone and a bit of wisdom, you have a concept of how that area of life is supposed to work and the problems which can crop up, which makes it a bit more accessible when it regualrly comes up as a theme or plot element in whatever it is that you're consuming. You're still outside it though, but OTO-OH seeing a fight in a movie or a betrayal doesn't dredge up any specific, unhappy personal memories.

The "human condition" in the way youre referring to it is just a meme english teachers came up with when they (unfairly) had to justify the existence of literature departments.

But no dont worry about it for that reason. You should still try to pursue a relationship because why the fuck not sex is good and there are plenty of lonely people who wouldnt mind a mutual invasion of space. Just dont freak yourself out worrying about it because it really is fine if it never happens.

But for the reason you said no youre not missing out on the literature if you have a half decent imagination and are capable of empathy

>The Human Condition
What do you mean?

Sensible post

Sex is incredibly overrated.
Last time i had sex was with some argentinian model from tinder and i spent the entire time looking past her to watch archer.
Don't stress it.

The human condition is different for everyone, and nobody says it has to be pretty.

Some girls start intimate relationships with their uncles at 5.

Some people die without sex.

The basic understanding of literature is that if it's good enough, you feel something new that makes you think about your human condition.

You dont need any prerequisite for any book except the skill and reasoning to read them.

The important thing is that you experienced deep, consuming love, whether it was returned or not is irrelevant. Many canonical poets were pining for women they could never have, someone who thinks >le love doesn't exist, will not comprehend them.

>Last time i had sex was with some argentinian model from tinder
I can't believe that people are actually soliciting each other online for sex this casually. This is some late decadent shit

>as someone unlikely to ever
>ever be

Why are you shooting yourself in the foot before you've even started?

Don't you see that it's having these thoughts in the first place that is causing you distress?

It's not rational for anyone to believe that they will "never be" in a relationship OP. Think about that for a second; if it isn't rational, why are you believing it?

>Looking over her to watch Archer.

Autists aren't often into sex, so I'm not suprised in your case.

It was actuallu difficult on my end, i had to talk about existentialsm for like a week before we chilled. The Veeky Forums aesthetic works.
An aside, i threw up in the middle of the date 10 feet away from her because of some bad chicken we ate, and managed to play it off without her noticing. I'm super proud of that.

Ur mum is autist

My mom's a meth dropout, and now's shes on the stoner kick.

I'm an autist. High functioning though at least. I don't have antisocial disorder, just depression and manic episodes.

Okay everyone, I am bored as fuck and I'm actually going to contribute something here.

OP, major part of your insight towards the world is based on with how much sensivity you perceive the world. If you're exceptionally analytical, your ability to analyze most of relevant issues is going to remain outstanding, easily. I believe I've developed the most as a person before losing my v-card. I know people who have created some small masterpieces of art before they've had their first kiss.

Intimate relationship is simply an essential element of fully experienced existence. While it might remain paradoxical, you can understand such existence without being directly involved in such existence. Hell, alienation even makes you crave answers and changes to your situation, thus stimulating your intellectual desires.

You might feel like you're missing out on something very important, yes. Such missing out, however, doesn't impair your means of thinking, at least it shouldn't.

The odds of a person being an excellent mind are obviously low, but if you happen to be one, don't put your life's missing elements in the spotlight. Keep reading, keep thinking, and if at some point you really need the intimacy, you will make yourself find it. You will see for yourself how it's changed you and your perception of great literature. it won't be a major change, trust me

>as someone unlikely to ever be in a serious relationship
You've never seen the hipsters, weirdos and outcasts find perfectly fitting soultmates? It happens all the time

>It's not rational for anyone to believe that they will "never be" in a relationship
People make statements like that all the time to express strong unlikelihood so cut the autism. Secondly it's not rational to assume OP's expression of unlikelihood is irrational from the armchair at all. Lol at you trying to rersolve your cognitive dissonance, faggot.

>You've never seen the hipsters, weirdos and outcasts find perfectly fitting soultmates?
Does this even need explaining? Hipsters yes, weirdos and outcasts no. Fuck you.

Eh, I think there's a discrepancy between our understanding or weirdos and outcasts. Jesus Christ, you're kinda hopeless.

If by weirdos you mean school shooters and by outcasts you mean dark-dressing fedora-wearing neckbeards with no friends, then obviously. But that's not what I meant and I seriously hope no such person browses Veeky Forums

>The Human Condition

Also you should romanticise your loneliness and melancholy, it's more fun.

Some of my most beloved writers (philosophers, in particular) were pretty far away from having normal relationships themselves, we can't exactly pretend that they didn't understand anything.

>as someone unlikely to ever be in a serious relationship?
Anyway I know how that feels, though I am not a virgin, sex is easy but finding love and acceptance is hard. I'm not even some school shooter fedora neckbeard monster, but I'm sort of ugly, weird and poor, thus I can't share a secure middle class existence with a woman, at least not in a long time. I've chosen my way and there is a lot of risk in it, but I've nothing to lose at this point.
I would love to find someone who doesn't mind, but hey, the likelihood isn't very big; even if someone doesn't want luxury, they probably want some financial stability for their family.
I know I am in the minority with my irrational and unsafe ideals and ways of life; I just need to live with then and hope to find similar people to share my existence with. They need to be willing to pursue something crazy and unsure rather than something regular.

Well, what the fuck would an outcast mean besides someone who sort of doesn't have that many (if any) friends?

The problem is with you then, not sex.

This. Value friendship and mentorship more than sexual relationships and you'll reach Veeky Forums-nirvana, son.

You're talking about the book by Arendt right?

Actually, no normie has ever had a profound insight on the human condition.

Prove me wrong.

>Secondly it's not rational to assume OP's expression of unlikelihood is irrational from the armchair at all.

Yes it is, if he actually believes it to be true that he'll never be in a relationship.

It's called a cognitive distortion, and it does not reflect the reality of the situation.

It's literally like saying to yourself: "If I fail this test, my life is is over" or "If I don't get promoted I might as well kill myself".

All of these things are unhealthy patterns of thought, that are of course aggravated and enforced by people like you who agree with them.

Fag.

It is my fate, user. This is Fortuna's plan for me.

nice post