Just picked up pic related. Pretty damn good. What bourbons/whiskeys are your favorites?

Just picked up pic related. Pretty damn good. What bourbons/whiskeys are your favorites?

>Got-to bourbon
Elijah Craig

>Go-to Scotch
Aucentoshan 12 or Ancnoc 12

The best whiskey I've ever tasted was Noah's Mill, and I can never find a bottle anywhere.

Go to whiskey
Larceny

Go to scotch
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban

They all taste about the same and get you drunk just the same

Anyone who says otherwise is a tryhard hipster faggot

>Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban

This crud is really good, best Glenmorangie definitely, and not even that expensive in my area.

Found the hard cider lover

I absolutely love pic related. Haven't tried much bourbon however.

t. Canadian """whisky""" drinker

Used to love fireball until the time i drank to much and almost got a dui and kick my dashboard in.
Right now my favorite is gentleman jack. Never had anything so smooth

This is my go to whenever I fly Southwest, solid shit.

>he buys into bullshit like "finish: deep and smooth with a recognizable burn"
He's right. You're worst than wine snobs. Enjoy falling for a placebo. In fact, even when people are made aware of the placebo, they still experience it, so this post won't change anything except stir up cognitive dissonance.

Pic related, had this recently. Tasted great - like everything else containing ethanol. Except it costs a little extra, and has a nice little bottle, so some of you absolute retards convince yourself that it's something more. It's just fucking ethanol; aging is bullshit too, as you can age distilled spirits in a pressure chamber with some pieces of wood, and save yourself years of sitting in barrels.

Bulleit is great, but you can't tell me it tastes anything like Jack Daniels or something as awful as Evan Williams 1793

That sounds like less the problem of the drink and more the problem of the drinker.

>Whisky

No, you're right, but neither do they all taste like anything other than whiskey. It's not a difference of apples and oranges - they're all citrus.

>Shit taste

What's some good brandy to check out?

Ok, but you can have some pretty bad grapefruits depending on where or when you buy them.

I'd say it's a tie between Jefferson's reserve and single-barrel Blanton's

Don't drink bourbons, but for Whisky I'm a fan of Ardbeg, rum Diplomatico.

pretty garbage opinions brah

Haha

It does have a nice bottle but I've had it once and didn't think it was any nicer than Jim Beam. If you think all of us are stupid enough to fall for marketing gimmicks I don't know what to tell you.

Developing a taste for bourbon is a great idea if you live in the US. Outside of the US, I don't blame people in whisk(e)y producing countries like Scotland and Ireland for not particularly caring for American whiskey. I love a goot single malt Scotch but you can get great quality whiskey for much cheaper locally.

Agreed. Bulleit is OK, but it's too tame. No real character. Kind of reminded me of bubblegum. In my shitty opinion, I'd rather have a solid wheater like Pappy or W.L. Weller, or a solid rye-heavy bourbon like WT 101, Four Roses, or OGD BiB.

Pic related and Aberlour 12 year, are probably my favourite whiskey so far.

>June 1st

>Implying

>not liking rollercoasters

You don't deserve those digits.

Personally I enjoyed Quinta Ruban more

I don't drink bourbon. It's gross and makes me want to puke. I only drink rye whiskies and the only rye whiskey I like is bulleit

I have a bottle of this on my shelf. It's very nice.

(and I have $204 in whiskey on order, arriving monday)

you sound really fun to be around. i bet you have so many friends.

Rate my stash and post yours!

This before all of the Pappy faggots decided this was the next best thing.

cool I agree

>decided this was the next best thing
I don't browse whisky forums so I don't know what's popular... but is that why Weller has disappeared from the stores I visit? It used to be my go-to bourbon because it was remarkably inexpensive for being a mid-tier bourbon.

I've never had the Talisker or Kilkerran. But the Glenfiddich is quite OK, the Springbank nice and the Ardbeg a gem.

I have at the moment:
Springbank 15
Lagavulin 16
Glendronach 15

Yeah, people figured out that since both are Stitzel-Weller products the juice is essentially the same. Theres a recipe for poor man's Pappy that involves mixing Weller 12 with Weller 107 and a little water.

The only Bourbons I've tried are Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace and I enjoyed Buffalo more to be honest. I tried some Penderyn single Malt Whiskey over Christmas and really enjoyed it, I live really close to the brewery too.

My brother brought back a bottle of Talisker from scotland for me since I live in bumfuck backwater and have no access to something like that and I really like it. A nice smoky peat flavor.

Was going to post Wild Turkey. Pic related is also a favorite when I have the money.

It was my fault entirely. Hard to kick the habit

George Dickel

Old Crow. it is objectively delicious as fuck.

I used to carry a pint flask around with me and make people at the bars guess what it was. They usually said Maker's Mark or Basil Hayden

>bitch, I paid $10 for a handle of this ahahaha

I have bad news for you, user. Bulleit rye is rebottled shit from a massive plant in Indiana.

someone redpill me on jap whiskey

Decent, but not worth the import price if you're in the US.

So you don't like whiskey is what you're trying to say

Not him, but I totally get it. I actually like bourbon, but my favorite ones tend to be rye-heavy. Some people don't like the maple-y syrupy sweetness that some bourbons have. Rye whiskey is peppery and pleasant.

doesn't like bourbon, only drinks rye, but only likes 1 rye.

If you only like 1 specific kind of a widely variable thing, you don't like that thing.

I live in canada, and I'm TRYING to into canuck, but scotch is just much more my thing. I wish there was a peaty canuck that was anywhere near as nice as a good ardbeg. I'd switch in a heartbeat. As it is I drink slow and infrequently and hassle all my friends who fly to get me some cheap airport goodness.

No, I like it.

it's great but too expensive for what it is most of the time.

Macallan is such nonsense.

Don't know, yes, yes, eh, gross

Go-to Bourbon
Maker's Mark

Go-to Scotch
Maker's Mark that's been sitting in a dirty ashtray overnight

>bourbon
Buffalo Trace is really nice and sweet.
Knob Creek is drier and woodier, but still quite good.

>scotch
peated Islays all the fucking way
Laphroaig Quarter Cask and Ardbeg 10

>when I have the money.
Dude it's like $25

QC never seemed that much more peaty to me. I'd always go for the 10 cask strength when I really wanted to burn a hole in something.

different user, but I always liked the QC over the 10 it's just got a little sweetness to it. But I like the PX for peat over the 10. It's a rare case of a NAS being tastier than an AS.

I recently picked up a few ardbegs and the 10 is a lot nicer than the uigeadail or corryvreckan to me. Aiming to grab a perpetuum when I can to see if that's any good.

mines gonna have to be a mcchicken

Opened a Clynelish 14 last night (or was it the night before?). Drinking Elijah Craig 12. Will have a peat something to close the night. What should I choose~

Laph 10
Caol Ila 12
Ardbeg 12
Ardbeg Corry
Bunna 12

Or I could open a new one.

Whoops, Arbeg 10.

>Larceny

Mah nigga. I've never seen anyone else mention it. Imo it's way better than Buffalo Trace for the same price range.

If you like slightly sweeter, you'll like the Perpetuum. Same with Dark Cove. I like Uigeadail better than the 10, but then Supernova is my favorite all around. Had the Laphroaig PX recently, followed by Ardbeg Galileo, and the PX didn't hold up at all. Kinda bummed because I expect more out of Laphroaig.

Corry with a splash.

Same. As a level 80 scotchfag I find rye heavy bourbon way more tolerable.

This man has great taste

Having some Eagle Rare right now. Waiting till Thursday when the BTAC comes out cause I wanted to get an Old Rip or Lot B Pappy.

Based

>mfw i bought into the jap whiskey meme

>go to whisky

Woodford Reserve is my regular, but once in awhile I'll splurge and get a really nice scotch or brandy (not whiskey, I know).

Blantons Gold
Four Rose SB
Old Grand Dad
Elijah Craig

It's not bad, just more expensive than it should be. Yamazaki 12 shouldn't be $100/bottle, but $50-70 would make sense. The 18 is upwards of $400, which is total nonsense.

Woodford, yeah boii. It's such a smooth sipper.

the ones that dont taste like dick

Four roses single barrel. Wife loves Blanton's single barrel. She's a keeper.

There are so many good whiskeys out there.

Picture related - I picked one of my many favorites at random

Seconded. I don't like scotch that tastes like a wet dog that's been tossed on a camp fire, but corry is passable.