I just got a deep fryer for my birthday, what are some easy ways to get into frying Veeky Forums?

I just got a deep fryer for my birthday, what are some easy ways to get into frying Veeky Forums?

>no airfryer
You done fucked up

Have you been a good boy?

You should start by dropping uncooked food into hot oil, then use your hands to remove it once cooked.

I'd go with orange chicken.

Got quite a few GBP saved up.

Throw in icecubes to see if the oil is hot enough

Get some self-raising flour, and add water until you get a thick, but runny paste.

You now have batter.

Coat things in the batter, and deep fry them until done. The time it takes will depend on what you're cooking.

I would suggest that you might start with sausages or fish something.

Cover meat in flour and salt, then dunk it in oil.

You can do this with unbaked, sweetened bread too.

What's the best oil for frying? Crumbs or batter? Help me out here.

>What's the best oil for frying?

For frying what? And in what kind of fryer? Lard, duck , or goose fat is god-tier, but it doesn't work safely in all fryers, and it may not be a good flavor match for whatever you're cooking. Generically, peanut oil is a solid choice.

>>Crumbs or batter?

For what dish/food? Some are better with crumbs, some are better with batter.

Sunflower oil and batter.

Trust me, I'm British.

OP pic related is the fryer.

You need
>Potato
>2 slices of bread
>A frozen Mars Bar
>Batter
>Tomato sauce to taste

1. Peel and chip potato
2. Fry chipped potato
3. Put fried chips and tomato sauce between slices of bread
4. Dip Mars Bar in batter
5.Fry battered Mars Bar

Congratulation, you have made a traditional 2-course British meal.

Dumbass, you don't just throw ice cubes in there, you have to time how long it takes for the steam to dissipate.

OP, once you think the oil is up to temp, throw in 3-4 ice cubes per quart of oil. The steam should evaporate in about 3 seconds if the oil is ready

Peanut oil is my standard go to.
Works really well with french fries.

Why not fry in a pot/wok, I literally don't understand why anyone would own a deepfryer for a homekitchen

This right here. Best results.

>Why not fry in a pot/wok

Because then you have to pay attention to the temperature and make sure you keep it constant and correct.

A deep frier has a built-in thermostat which renders that problem obsolete. They're also super convenient. Want to fry something? Just turn reach over and turn it on. I'm honestly surprised that more people don't have them.

because it regulates it's own temperature, is less of a fire hazard, comes with a convenient fryer basket and don't have to dump out the oil any time you want to use a pot

not every is poor and lives in a tiny home

Mustard Gas

Cut potatoes into desired shape
Rinse and dry if desired
Fry for 2-4 minutes
Rest for 3-5 minutes
Fry until done

you forgot SOAK you dirty pleb