Does ANYONE drink beer unironically? I'm not baiting for replies this shit is completely unpalatable...

Does ANYONE drink beer unironically? I'm not baiting for replies this shit is completely unpalatable. Why the fuck is everyone that is a beer snob such a contrarian piece of shit?

Why would anyone drink piss and get fat over taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit? Defend yourself, beer-drinkers.

>I'm not baiting for replies this shit is completely unpalatable

You need to be 18 to post on this board. Come back when you try something more than pbr or bud light

>blah, blah, blah, you need to be 18 to post here

You can't keep a continuous buzz and drink all day with your friends if you're doing shots. Even cocktails tend to either be too sweet to drink continuously for hours or they're too strong and you get too drunk.

Also sometimes its nice to just get buzzed instead of completely fucked up underage ban.

I drink beer because I think it tastes good. Different people have different tastes.

>taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit?

Agree but I'm an alcoholic

kys retard
[spoiler]beer tastes good, you have a child's palate[/spoiler]

Your post is unironic.

Wait I'm using the wrong word.

Your post is SHIT.

This, beer is fun for social drinking and pacing yourself especially if you need to drive home later and sober up kinda quick. You just need to find a good beer and not drink the cheapest thing because you can get more out of it.

If I am crashing at someones house or ubering somewhere from a bar/club than I do liquor.

I drink beer because I like bread but hate chewing

its k op, i remember when I was retarded too

dumb animeposter

At least I can drink a beer OP without acting like a whiny bitch.

>i drink shit and pretend to like it to virtue signal to my friends how cool I am
I pity you desu

>drive home later and sober up kinda quick
i somehow get the feeling that burgers drive drunk all the time. but then again, your beer is closer to water than to real beer

shit, how do i downvote on this app

Drink a DIPA from Treehouse and you too will drink beer unironically

Beer tastes good with rich greasy food like pizza, burritos or fried chicken.

.08 is the legal limit in all states but Arizona where they basically can do you in for .01

Isn't all of your beer like 3.5% abv

I'm not a beer snob and drink beer because I genuinely enjoy it. I'll drink any sort. I usually buy inexpensive brands like Narragansett and find that it makes certain meals immeasurably better (especially spicy foods). I usually only drink a can or a pint at a time.
>taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit
I don't like liquor and get enough of a relaxed feeling from wine or beer and can get drunk enough on those if that's my intention because since I drink moderately I have a low tolerance.

regular beer in my country has 4.8 or 4.9

Regular beer in 'murrica is around 7%.

No it isn't

regular beer is 5%, though higher ABV isn't exactly hard to find

no it isn't it's usually 4.5-5.5%, IPA's are usually 7%+, malt liquor is 8.1%+

IPAs ARE regular beer in 'murrica.

No, they aren't. They are IPA's unless you live in the north east(above NY) where everyone calls IPA's beer.

Post elite beers to BTFO OP

you're a fucking idiot

>this shit is completely unpalatable

most people don't think that. in fact I think most people would find drinking a beer much more palatable than taking a shot of liquor, like you recommend. most people aren't college/high school students.

>American beer is bad
I bet this Eurofag still makes Ethiopia is starving jokes too

Update your 10+ year old jokes

This

Texas beer alone has far surpassed German beer

shut the fuck up

Hey Achmed isn't drinking haram there in germany?

Please obtain a passport, if the US still permits free travel, and try just a handful of european beers, not even the hundreds that exist, and still say that with a straight face.

Some beer is shit.

Some beer is delicious.

The right flavour profile and bitterness can be enjoyable just the same as spicy food can be enjoyable.

This is every teenager's thought process when they taste beer for the first time. Don't worry, youll grow out of it

>I enjoy the hoppy bitterness of an IPA

>I bought serria nevada of 12pack cans!

he might be a dumb animeposter but he's actually right

IPA's tend to clock in around that range unless they're classified as session ales. I drink a pretty good amount, 7% is enough to make anyone but the hardest alcoholics catch a buzz

>Blue Moon
>like beer except it's for faggots

>Get spoiled on family friends homebrewed stuff and various craf tbeers
>Can't drink A@B/Coors if you paid me to do it

I j-just really like the taste of IPAs no fedora tipping.

When you grow up, or become less of a vagina you'll learn how to drink.

>social drinking
>fun
Since when were normies allowed on this board?

>leaving the house
>sober
>picking one

>thread about drinking
>calling other people normies

OP do you happen to be upset

I love the taste. And drinking a bunch of beers alone at home makes you feel like less of an alcoholic. And, if you happen to be with people, the process of getting drunk is just as much fun if not more as being drunk.

>Why would anyone drink piss and get fat over taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit?
>taking a shot
>getting drunk
?

>And drinking a bunch of beers alone at home makes you feel like less of an alcoholic

If anything it is the opposite, 1 bottle of liquor > XX many beer cans to throw out

returning crates of beer is a very normal thing to do where I live

also, I do sometimes switch it up with wine or hard liquor, but not too often

While we're at it, it's also much more socially acceptable to go to a pub alone to sit on the bar and drink beers (and maybe have some dinner) rather than start pounding shots.

Weird, here it is kinda looked at weirdly to do that.

Same, going to a bar for some beers or a mixed drink is more acceptable than getting shots(unless you are with people)

well I live in Bavaria, a beer country if there ever was one

You probably have a childs palate. And I am not even a stuck up "sophisticated" faggot hipster I hate people who go out of their way to make the impression that they are somehow superior because they can combine expensive or obscure ingredients and eat them/like them or pretend to like them. No. Part of being an adult is have the maturity to have a somewhat open mind and try different things. Over time you find things you will like. Sometimes you will discover an ingredient you dislike but then if you're not a fucking child, try it again when it is made using a different method or combined with other ingredients and maybe you will discover that it is actually decent and grow to like it. Beer has been around for centuries and there are many varieties. I love many different types of beer like stouts but dislike others. I tried many different types until I found the ones I really like, but even the ones I didn't like I tried again after a while and surprise, surprise, I thought some of them were actually decent. Do you pick off the mushrooms and green peppers from your pizza because mom didn't order meat lovers with double cheese and ranch?

Does ANYONE reply to this thread unironically??

Fucking losers. Sage.

>my thread didn't go as expected

lol triggered

>empty bottles
>dirty paper plates
>on an air hockey table

We've all had some good beers, user. That image isn't exactly flattering.

Yes you fucking reddit-browsing faggot

I love beer, it'a my drink of choice when I go out.

I drink some cocktails too, especially in the summer

Veeky Forums, do you judge me for drinking pale ale?

What? That's a great choice, it's like less intense IPA basically

Only if you drink it from a can

>Defend yourself, beer-drinkers.

Sure. You're a faggot. I'm not. How's that, faggot?

I don't know much about beer, so I just assumed it was weak or something. I pretty much just found something I liked and stuck with it

Nah, I get it in the bottle. Either Sierra Nevada or a local brew called Boulevard

No, it's really only American Adjunct Style Lager that beer snobs look down on

>Not drinking Piss

What do you think of Sam Adams Boston Lager?

I know some look down on it because it's a macro, but I actually think it's really good.

One of my most recent favorite beers is a basic IPA; pic related.

This stuff is dangerously good. I could throw back a couple six packs like it's nothing. Highly recommended.

Looks like it's not available in my state

Bummer.

Where you at?

Is Lagunitas Brown Shugga good?

Wtf does beer have to do with your new buzzword faggot?

I agree with this statement.

Tons of beers are flippin delicious.
IPAs are indeed for tryhard losers.
It's like babby's first pot of chili - so much heat it's useless, in order to show off how "badass" your lousy recipe is. Dumb tryhards make inedible/undrinkable crap.
IPAs are the same thing for hops. "Look how much I can overbitter this until its undrinkable. I'm uh MAN."

IBUs over 60 mean you have failed at life.

I personally enjoy IPAs, among many other styles

Stupid normie bullshit

So, you don't actually know anything about beer? Okay...

Strap in mate, you're gonna get 30 identical "I actually like IPA's" replies from gays that pretend to like IPA's to seem cool

So you don't like to taste any of the other ingredients in your beer besides MEMEHOPS?
Okay...

Eventually you come back around to appreciating both.

Beer is a balance of hops and malts, brought out by the specific character of the yeast used to ferment it.

If you don't like hops you don't like beer. End of story.

Exactly. I like hops. But I also like the malt, I also like the yeastiness. Those are lost in the muddled abomination known as IPA, "beloved" by sad tryhards.

I actually like them, especially amber IPAs
Goes great with hot wings and blue cheese

Well some/many beers don't have a noticeable or prominent taste of hops at all

Drink better beer. Or rather, maybe you live somewhere that has to import all their decent beer and everything hop forward arrives past it's expiration date.

A quality IPA should have a balance of hops and malts. If your experience is overwhelmingly that the hops dominate the flavor of every IPA you've tried it sounds like you've been drinking beer that isn't fresh, or just isn't very good. IPAs aren't like hot sauces, where people just try to test their manliness by searching out the beers with the highest IBUs possible. Usually a higher IBU will coincide with a higher ABV, which means a higher level of fermented sugars, i.e. hops. They may be "big beers", but they're still balanced out between the hops and malts. When a hoppy beer isn't fresh the flavor goes flat and the bitterness tends to overdominate all other flavors, which I believe is the main reason people (incorrectly) have a negative idea about hop heavy beers.

People who enjoy IPAs also enjoy other styles; IPAs just pack more flavor into the beer without using wild yeasts or adjuncts, and are therefore beloved by brewers and beer lovers for their purity - not because of "muh hops".

>i.e. hops

Meant to say malts.

I've never had a beer that didn't make me borderline gag. It's probably genetic like that cilantro phenomenon. To some people it tastes like soap, to others it tastes heavenly.

BEER
AND
WINGS

Beer is awful and people get mad when you say that because they get scared of being exposed as a fraud. Drink water for hydration and take shots to get drunk. You're not more cultured because you drink beer, no matter what your local craft beer loving friends tell you.

I don't drink. At all.
What's a good place to start?

I'm an alcoholic so I don't give a shit

beer is delicious and I'm a fat fuck so fuck it we all die someday

liquor cabinet

>Beer is awful and people get mad when you say that because they get scared of being exposed as a fraud. Drink water for hydration and take shots to get drunk. You're not more cultured because you drink beer, no matter what your local craft beer loving friends tell you.

I'm too old to care about being a "fraud" and too pretentious to care about being pretentious.

but honestly I just like the way IPAs taste and their ABV. I only drink IPAs.

it's funny because people like you think I'm trying to act cultured yet the real beer folks probably think I'm an idiot for just drinking IPAs.

oh well. it's what I like buying.

PS if you go around saying stuff like "beer is unpalatable" the first thought that comes to my mind is "this guy must not have gone to college." I mean how do you go through undergrad without developing some affinity for beer? probably not possible.

>Drink water for hydration and take shots to get drunk.

lol I don't understand how this works in practice. let's say you're at the bar with friends. or some kind of work get-together. or whatever kind of get together at the bar that we find ourselves in sometimes... you just order a shot every once in awhile while everyone sips their beer, wine, and mixed drinks?

I just ask because I find myself in situations like that where it wouldn't really be appropriate at all to take shots.

go back to /r9k/ faggot

Then instead of shooting the liquor, just order it "on the rocks" or in some other form that you can sip it.

It's not the "Shot" that's the key point here, it's the "liquor". If you don't want it in a shot-glass then just sip it instead.