I had Chicago-style pizza today for the first time. It was the best damn pizza I ever had...

I had Chicago-style pizza today for the first time. It was the best damn pizza I ever had. How can any other pizzas compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

tastesofchicago.com/category/Lou_Malnatis_Pizza?gclid=CLTzlMP5rtECFcm1wAodjcMAPw
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to screenshot with a phone
geohive.com/charts/ec_airport1.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have shit taste.

Even California has better pizza than Chicago and that's saying something.

Chicago is literally How to Fuck Up Food: The City.

t. Jon Stewart

Deep dish pizza is amazing when done right. I've never had it done right outside of chicago, but I'm sure it exists. Chicago is a big city. Right at the Logan Square Blue Line stop there's a place called the Boiler Room that has fantastic New York style thin pizza. Huge cheap slices. There's loads of pizza places in Chicago that don't do deep dish but do the style they commit to very well. Right by the Art Museum there's a place that has top tier Italian style pizza and really great octopus dishes. Loads of great pizza in Chicago.

That's a hearty looking meal you got there. Good for you OP

by actually being pizza

Italian style pizza doesn't exist, it was invented in the U.S. and octopus is a greek dish.

I'll agree that deep dish can be okay but OP's pic isn't doing it any favors, which perhaps was intentional.

>chicago "pizza"
>casserole
come on user you're not even trying

>octopus is a greek dish
greece doesn't own a sea creature
>Italian style pizza doesn't exist
pizza was invented in naples

There are 4 lesser talked about schools of thought when it comes to personal enjoyment of a deep dish.

1) Health - It's a shit ton of cheese, bread and sauce. Almost ten-fold when compared to more traditional types of pizza. Those who enjoy pizza itself, but are concerned about the health effects of gorging oneself on nothing but fat, salt and carbs will for obvious reasons speak ill of this type of pizza.

2) Mouth Feel - Deep dish has a different mount feel than more traditional pizza. It's going to be softer, more gooey, and present different eating methods due to it's size and descending order of ingredients--sauce, cheese, bread (messy), opposed to cheese, sauce, bread (less messy). Standard pizza contains less ingredients and may be more firm causing a different mouth feel compared to a deep dish. Those who have an opposing view of softer foods will likely have negative outlooks on deep dish.

3) Cultural opinion - The way certain foods are prepared and eaten vary widely by culture. Town A can cook something completely opposite than Town B and vice versa, even though the ingredients are the same. However, because they were initially presented with their local cuisine they may retain a 'home field sentiment' to that they're familiar with. This causes unwarranted contentment for foods which may be different and can often be the cause of primal out-lashes and general niggery behavior.

4) No Fucks Given - The individual who frankly doesn't give a shit what you or anyone thinks and will consume it regardless of any outlandish opinion because it simply tastes good and was well prepared. Unphased by childish whining and pretentious bitching, they are true connoisseurs of food who enjoy a wide variety of tastes and shit on nothing but the john.

Which category do you all fall under?

>how can they compete?

Well tbqh, since that's a tomato pie, no true pizza maker tries to compete. You should try to draw competition from the other pies like pumpkin and pecan, not pizza.

Naples Florida?

Cultural and no fucks. I prefer NY style but I also enjoy other styles as I'm not a narrow minded ass hat.

That said, Chicago can go fuck itself...it's a terrible town full of assholes and if you live there, either shut the fuck up or move.

it's weird you are saying pizza isn't from italy, I don't even know what you're trying to do here

pizza margarita was literally invented at the request of the queen of italy

Now, now. Here in the grand ' ol US we aren't interested in historical facts. It's what we declare it to be and that's that.

Roman Empire? Just a colony of the US. Garden of Eden? It was in Indepedence , Missouri.

Loves me a foldy NY slice.
Love a fat ass Chicago slice.

Fuck you pizza egotists.

At least we can agree that St. Louis style provel based shit tastes like... Well, shit....

casserole*

Shit like this makes my day. I love you Veeky Forums

Pizza was actually invented in Japan. At least the "westernized" version we all know and love.

I love deep dish for one reason: high calories. Being a hungry skelly is tough.

Nice quiche, where did you get it?

Perfect response. Chicago style anything is an automatic "No thank you" in my book. It's as if an entire culinary tradition has been formed around bad cuisine you make when drunk and regret as soon as you take your first bite.

The city itself sucks, as well.

You've obviously never even seen a deep dish pizza in real life. Definitely never tasted one

Bet you're the same kinda faggot that would have said "No thank you" to sushi back in the 80s

The idea that your preferred shape for a pile of cheap cheese and greasy meat is inherently superior is so fucking stupid I can't wrap by brain around it. The vast majority of new york pizza is disgusting sborro bullshit with a small amout being really amazing. The same is true of deep dish pizza but the idea that it's the shape of the pizza that makes it superior is moronic.

It's the same brain dead idiots that think that the starbucks close to their house makes the best coffee.

I don't think it needs to compete. Just like coffee and iced coffee don't need to. They're both tasty, and earth has room for both.

Screenshotting and saving this so I can have a perfect example of how delusional weeaboos are.

Do you feel better now, user? Or are you still gonna be a faggot?

How can I screen shot with a phone? I've seen so much retarded shit posted here I wanted to save.

t. faggot coastal nu-male

YEP

terrible town full of assholes

It is. I remember one time on a business trip and I asked one of the plebes in the train station uniform which train to take to get back to my hotel and he was a complete asshole and tried to confuse me even though I knew his instructios were shit.

Contrast that to when I was on the subway in NY and missed my stop for where I needed to change trains. When I realized it, I asked the woman next to me if I should get off at the next stop and take a train in the opposite direction. She said no, wait 3 stops there's a big station there. When I got back to my friends Apt. he told me if I had gotten off at one of those three stations, no one would ever have seen me again because it was east NY.

Chicago assholes can fuckoff. NY people have always been kind.

Yo the 3 isn't that bad.

>when u go 2 Chicago an ask 4 a hotdog

my only rule for pizza is no fucking pineapple

but what about Hawaiian? it's sweet and delicious

I'll never forget going to the wrong toll stop in NYC (to come into it), there was one side for subscribers and another for passerby's who just pay cash (I went to the subscriber side). The cop who was watching the place told me it was $2.50 or something but I didn't have the exact change which really annoyed me and yet he wouldn't just keep the fucking change.

He told me to drive forward, wait on the right and a minute later gave me $.50 in change. All this felt like 5 minutes of his time wasted on a dumb Californian and I was so embarrassed but he was cool as fuck.

New Yorkers, you might look like crazy assholes from the outside but on the inside you're as friendly as the rest of America. I'd go back more frequently if your city wasn't such a nightmare to traverse through.

More like gay and retarded.

I'm the guy you're responding to and I totally agree but I'm from a flyover, not California. New Yorkers have a bit of a brash way about them, but when they see something's important they step up with kindness. The only thing I ever saw from Chicago was an inferiority complex because they wern't east or west coast.

Deploying this meme just serves to prove you're a 3rd world flyover who can neither afford a passport, has access to on, has ever left the """""EU""""" or shithole spider island. Here's a tip, you can order them from the comfort of your """"battle station"""" tastesofchicago.com/category/Lou_Malnatis_Pizza?gclid=CLTzlMP5rtECFcm1wAodjcMAPw
>inb4 butthurt
What's it like never having left your village?

>mouth feel
Quit reading right there

I saw that youtube joke vid too. weeeee.

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to screenshot with a phone

You've never left home. There are literally Amish and flyover sack of shit like yourseld standing outside Union Station with their jaws slacked at all the "big buildings" designed by... and every single Chicagoan will stop, ask them if they're OK, and help them along they're way. And be home by 7 for dinner. More than can be said for you. What's for dinner tonight at Capt. McFlyovers? McChickens for the whole family? Was Hamburger Helper Stroganoff on sale at the Walmart?
>inb4 Mcfaggot from McForgetabboutit YuropoorLevis and/or Trumpkin runs his cockholster
Largest airport in the world, derivitives trading center of the world, modern architectural paradise, best and restaurants and chefs in the world and sadly, you're too poor to buy a plane ticket """""opinion"""""

Your tears are a delicious addition to my chili recipe.

I can't judge Chicago as I've never been but that Illinois weather terrifies me.

I think I'll always live in the West Coast and maybe the South. Fuck snow.

This, ffs

>Thread is about Chicago deep dish
>never been to chicago
>never had deep dish

Who cares what you have to say then

You got further than I did. I stopped at "schools of thought"

Chicago stuffed or deep dish pizza IS really good, but so are other kinds of pizzas. That's the thing with pizza, it's one food with seemingly infinite variations. I love most of them - Chicago, NYC, Detroit, NorCal, St. Louis, New Haven, Neapolitan, Sicilian, Tuscan style, it's all good. The only pizzas I really don't like are chain pizza places that make basically a generic form of pizza that's been corporate-tested and marketed to have generic appeal to the masses. That's the worst kind of pizza. Oh, and frozen pizzas. IDGAF what you say, frozen pizza tastes like freezers smell, they don't taste fresh.

Son, there was nothing about my post that indicated they were not true experiences. Why? Because they happened.

You may need some serious treatment for that thar butthurt, but you might pull through anyway.

>tfw the only good frozen pizza you've ever had has been frozen deep dish

>pizzautists pitching a fit again that their preferred form of dough+sauce+toppings+cheese aren't exactly what everyone else on the planet enjoys
why do you spergs do this? You know food is subjective, why do you argue over stuff like this that is very clearly just a difference in opinion?

'Go dogs are pretty good. I've never had 'go 'za but it looks good too. Hating on it sound like it's just a dumb meme.

The most common pizza in chicago is thin.
Not deep dish.
Sure. Chicago invented it. But its not common. Its for tourists really.

This is correct, pretty much the only time I eat Chicago deep dish is when I have visitors from out of town who want to try it

Right there with you buddy, here is a light za I had the other day.

Would you like to argue over facts then? Think a little sometimes before posting.

it's not just for tourists you mong I eat that shit like once a month

1. NYC Slice
2. Detroit style deepdish with that delicious crunchy cheese on the crust edges hnngghh
3. Milwaukee Cracker crust.

Chicago has shit people and the worst pizza in the universe. Fucking awful hope it gets wiped off the map.

>Milwaukee Cracker crust
You mean Chicago-style thin crust?

milwaukee cracker crust is chicago style. Hahaha. Fucking retard

ya im pretty sure 'go 'za haters have never even tried it. memes aside its pretty fucking dank

No, I tried my hardest yet faggots like you take the throne.

Did you think? No I don't wanna argue over facts dumbass.

it's not JUST for them but very few people eat it regularly

also, Lou Malnati's, buttercrust, or bust. No other acceptable option.

congrats on your first lasagna

It's good and people only pretend to think otherwise because they think they need to try to be cool with fucking idiot New Yorkers they don't even know. Bagels, pizza and Jewish deli meat should all be banned for sale within New York city limits

Disgusting raw bread pie.

im surprised you could be so patrician to prefer lou's while simultaneously deriding the food

We eat it all the time - or are you trying to appease the jew yorkers into thinking cheesy tomato bread isnt awesome?

God, Chicago people are assholes.

pretty sure it's How to Fuck Up Everything: The City

Guess what: I'm a woman

I've been using Veeky Forums for 8 years now. I'm an MIS and Marketing major, top of my class. I have an IQ of 146. I'm only a sophomore and have had 7 internships. I'm a member of the MENSA society. I voted for Trump. I'm not a feminist, however, I'm probably more intelligent than most of you in this thread.

Wether you like it or not, females are comperable. I'm not here to steal your money. I'll probably make more than you. I'm not going to make you a sandwhich, I'll have my personal chef do it. The ironic thing is my father married for looks and I'm actually attractive as well. Cocky? Yes. Ashamed? No.

I won't show you my tits, I'll be your CEO one day

>Fuck pizza egoists
>proceeds to be one

t. Buttblasted Chicagofag

geohive.com/charts/ec_airport1.aspx

So if your my CEO, that means I own the company... onyour knees bitch.

4u

And yet you're posting on a Taiwanese basket-weaving forum.

Looks like some quite 'go 'za you got there, pally

This.

actually the crust is cooked thoroughly. Unlike what you california faggots call pizza