How does Veeky Forums manage to read so many books at a time? Is there trick/method, or do you all just have no lives?

How does Veeky Forums manage to read so many books at a time? Is there trick/method, or do you all just have no lives?

i read books while iam waiting, i.e. in public transportation or in parks.

try to always have a book on side while you are waiting for someone or travelling

this. never get on public transport without a book, even if you're going to be reading standing up crushed between other commuters in rush hour. obviously that shouldn't be the the bulk of your reading but it trains you to use otherwise dead time.

I wouldn't even consider this reading

>Is there trick/method
>do you all just have no lives?
No social life is the trick buddy, as well as potentially studying beneath my level. But please can you cut down on the generalizing?

I know Veeky Forums is one big book circle jerk but there's still some diversity left and I do not like you stereotyping poor e/lit/es. It is extremely painful.

Also very obscene and so on and so on. Lacan joke.

>Veeky Forums
>reading many books

Have you seen most of the goodreads profiles of Veeky Forums users.

Question, the books that they did read were very predictable did they not?

>I wouldn't even consider this reading
why?

You read a bit in your spare time, because that's what you enjoy doing. Just the same as anime or vidya for other faggots, only you also read.

That's not the point i'm making. The point was that most of them have barely even read anything.

This isn't really a problem, it's kind of expected of young people just really getting into literature, but it's really funny when you consider how elitist this place is and they are the same elitist posters.

commute enough and it's not even that much of a distraction any more, you just tune it out. I spend at least an hour every weekday on the Tube, there's no better use of that time than reading.

>The point was that most of them have barely even read anything.
Yes but can you consider how I would find it extremely funny if they all read the same stuff?

You know to keep the appearance of being elitist, while reading the stuff that is actually read more by the common man that anything else?

And that is not necessary bad, I have read some popular books too, but consider the laughter to be had when those popular books are all there is.

>using a social website as any sort of real metric

Christ user, just because I haven't registered my latest read with government-sanctioned personal information dump X1024 doesn't mean I don't read.

>Veeky Forums users aren't representative of Veeky Forums

This is a social website too you know.

Never do this, it's as bad as using your phone to watch a film. Carve time to read when you are focused and relaxed unless you really don't care about the text.

Why? Yes, of course don't do all your reading on public transport, but if you are doing a lot of commuting why not make use of that time?

>Carve time to read when you are focused and relaxed

maybe this isn't normal, but I am focused and relaxed when reading while commuting. obviously I wouldn't do it if I was doing a close reading, or with a really difficult book, but for most things it works fine.

I get burned out reading just one book from start to finish, especially if it's a long or dull one. Alternating between two or three books a few chapters at a time keeps me fresh.

It depends on the books, philosophy and textbooks aren't that hard to flipflop around. More intricate novels might be a little harder, especially it's your first time reading Dostoyevskij with all the foreign names

We're not all sweaty socially anxious autists, user.

on Veeky Forums yes we are

>reading dull books

There's different shades of autism, user. Some sperg out, in public, to anyone, at every opportunity.

1. Always have a book with you. Read it when you're travelling, waiting etc. I used to need to a quiet space to read but now I can do it in the middle of a busy train station or whatever.

2. Try to set daily targets for how much to read e.g "I'll read the first 5 chapters today". Then try going over target. Yesterday I reached my daily target before it was lunchtime and by then I was already in the mood, so I ended up doing 3 days worth of reading.

double wielding

I'm so autistic I refuse to leave a book unfinished

Listen to audiobooks. More often than not, when reading books I get lost in a train of thought. Listening disperses thoses thoughts and keep me more focused on the story. Plus, the reader sometimes makes things more entertaining.