I did a ton of research and there is no cure for procrastination

I did a ton of research and there is no cure for procrastination

The cure is just fucking do it.

No really, it's that simple.

The cure is to uninstall Veeky Forums.

You don't beat procrastination. Some people just accomplish more in lesser time. We call them geniuses. You're not.

>I did a ton of research
You mean tomorrow?

Fuck. Then maybe I should just give in.

procrastination comes from a lack of motivation. do you procrastinate playing video games or browsing Veeky Forums and do stuff like pace around to avoid browsing Veeky Forums? you're just not motivated to work in your field. i found out im not either. i think im dropping out of my phd program this semester. i have no passion. staying in this shit is killing me, and i've been getting a lot of mental problems since i started.

go fuck yoursefl

this

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.”

lalala you're mad because im right lalala

It seems like exertion and contemplation are inversely proportional. The more Social and environmental awareness you have - the more you know that your actions will directly hurt many others - the fewer things you want to do.

This may be why Psychopaths have functionally infinite capacities for labor.

This is completely right.

Ever since I found something I love to study I fucking love doing it and have no desire to waste my time on leisure activities anymore.

1 gram of caffeine powder every morning followed by a jog and a freezing cold shower. Freeze your balls at the end.

You will be all fucked up and studying won't feel different from doing any other activity.

THERE IS CURE YOU JUST DONT KNOW IT YET. I WILL TELL YOU WHAT THE CURE IS. YOU NEED TO DRINK A GALLON OF SEAMEN A DAY. IT CAN BE YOUR OWN BUT I FOUND THAT NIGGER SEAMEN IS THE BEST

Can confirm.

>Asian seamen is better.

>do you procrastinate playing video games or browsing Veeky Forums
tfw yes I do

>tons of research
How the fuck did you miss this my man

Whats up with people being unnecessarily mean around here? I'd take it from other boards, but sci is smart, why the hate towards other progressing or trying to progress? is it jealousy?

It's the post Obameme job market. STEM fields now flooded with socially-connected brainlets who are getting all the plum jobs. And all the shit ones are going to Pajeet.

Even smart people start breaking shit when this kind of thing happens.

Not op but I've been on and off it for years. For me it feels terrible unless I take an excessive amount and lay on a couch

Maybe a cure will be found later?

How does what you are saying relate in any way to my question?

You're still on Veeky Forums. Most of the people on here literally believe that they're smart, but there's been numerous social studies that have shown lower socioeconomic levels for people who believe that they're very smart compared to people who believe they're average intelligence.

Many of these people will throw around an IQ test that they were required to take after a therapy visit for depression, anxiety, or some stupid shit, but many of these same people are also the ones who post mean and offensive things on here.

They are also probably struggling to live day-to-day. So don't pay them any attention. Just stay out of these types of threads, and only join in on threads discussing in-depth topics.

What good does punishing yourself to work for jewcaptalism do if you dont enjoy it?

The way I see it it all comes down to how well you can handle discomfort.

The variables as it looks to me are:

Motivation (Value of the reward, delay of the reward, severity of punishment, delay of punishment)

and

Perceived discomfort (Intensity of discomfort, length of discomfort, personal discomfort tolerance).

So when you procrastinate all these variables don't result in making you do something. Either the motivation is too low or your perceived discomfort is too high.

In case of procrastinating studying the delay of reward and punishment is too long and the length of discomfort is quite long as well.

Now the question is what we can do to increase our personal discomfort tolerance.

This is going to be an extremely honest answer.

Meditate.

Find yourself procrastinating, meditate instead.

Meditation reveals to you the reasons why you procrastinate. It reveals your mindset and motivations for it. It gently presents you with the emotions and thoughts that you seek to avoid through procrastination, and allows you to make peace with them. Afterward, you may move on to your work, calmed and much more prepared than previously.

This is especially effective for the people for whom "just fucking do it" really doesn't work, because let's face it, they already know they need to do it. Saying it again isn't going to help. Instead, the reason they avoid the work must be confronted directly on the level of personal self-knowledge.

It's simple. Sit however is comfortable. Keep your eyes open, not completely, but without focusing on anything. And simply breath without directing your thoughts, without pursuing your thoughts, and while gently directing your attention to your breath. It will be as carbonation rises from a drink; thoughts and distractions come quickly at first, and take your attention, but gradually slow and cease. The thoughts gradually become more basic and more truthful, and the emotion-feelings more sublime and straightforward, until your mind is still.

Yeah, I know I sound like a fucking shill. But embracing this kind of basic self-knowledge really helped me unfuck myself.

After meditating I continue being lazy.

What is wrong with me?

Practice meditation more. It sounds like you're using it as a distraction instead of actually embracing it and using it as an opportunity to be honest with yourself.

But I mean, it's not magic. You still have to choose to actually work. It should just make it much, much easier to get to work, especially as you practice meditating more.

is there a reason for keeping your eyes open?

can I just close them if I know I wont fall asleep?

sure

Don't do it OP. finish what you started.