With an orbit of est. 10,000-20,000 yrs. 10x then earth

Would it be logical that the 9th planet covers the sun and thus causes an ice age?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2016/oct/19/planet-nine-solar-system-tilt-astronomers
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1237750211&feature=iv&src_vid=Yo0Bz-8ZeR8&v=QVK2Tv209hU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_of_Neptune
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what did he mean by this?

that is an interesting idea. Can you explain further or give some sauce for a paper treating about this shit?

theguardian.com/science/2016/oct/19/planet-nine-solar-system-tilt-astronomers

I speculate that it would cause a massive magnetic force that would tilt and effect our entire planets weather patterns.

Thanks, user.

Well, this hypothetised planet orbits quite far from earth even if it is in proximity to sun. I don't really think it could affect the earth's weather so much from such a distance. Are there any evidence of changing weather on other planets where there are atmosphere and close to which this said planet nine should make a flyby?

That i don't, that's why i come here to see if other minds would think of how this would effect earth as it went by. Always heard of another planet, but now they truly speculate that it is pretty real. Odd that it orbits last so long

Well, it looks like they took measurements/observations from our sol system's current state and then reverse-engineered equations to come up with a theory of a planet nine and its orbital parameters. Provided there are actually no other sources of said phenomena, this planet could actually exist. Ice age cycle would then pretty much appear in sync with that nine's orbital period.

Maybe this planet flyby changes somehow solar wind's particles' patterns which directly then strike earth and this could affect the weather, what do you think of my reasoning, user?

Me likes, I remember reading as a wee lad about the ice age, and how shortly after signs of humans actually surviving it. Supposedly its every 10k-15k yrs, from what i remember reading back then. Fast forward to reading about planet 9, and how its cycle is an estimated 10-20k yrs comes around the solar system. Just seems there is a connection of sorts.

New planet's name should be Bachus, you Bakas~!

I swear to Christ, they better name it that...

youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1237750211&feature=iv&src_vid=Yo0Bz-8ZeR8&v=QVK2Tv209hU

I've been theorizing lately about the possibility of a ninth, small and icy planet about 10 Au farther from Neptune's orbit.

Well, this one isn't small. It's big. And its gravity is STRONG.

Definitely icy cold, though.

It's already an asteroid's name.

That being said, if you find planet 9, which you could actually do by combing through publically available datasets, you could name it

>covers the sun
When exactly is planet IX positioned between sun and earth, so it can cover the sun? If planet IX's orbit would lead it between earth and sun, we would have a much bigger problem than ice ages...
Planet IX is expacted to be about 10 times the mass of the earth, and even at the closest point of its expacted orbit, it's really far away. Jupiter for example is ~300 earth mass - and it's a lot closer. Just in case you want to refer to gravitation...

bump

>planet IX positioned between sun and earth
Worlds in Collision

>theoretical planet with a perihelion, judgibg by the pic, of a good 200 Astronomical units,
> could it somehow get between the earth and the sun, the distance between which is ~1 AU

Without doing any real math because this seems very unlikely to occur, No. It would need to cover the sun for a long period of time. The orbit would need to be perfect to do this. You'd probably just see a temporary eclipse.

Frozen Neptune

>tastes like ammonia snow cones

it has a trans neptunian orbit, essentially saying that at its closest point to the sun its 30+ AU away. AU is defined as the distance between the earth and the sun. So no.

I still wish it was Nemesis.

A nearby Neutron Star would undoubtedly have some interesting effects and could have gone some way to explaining a lot of things.

wouldnt some ancient greeks or something see this planet when it was closest?

but the ancient greeks couldn't even see Neptune
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_of_Neptune

>logical
This is not an issue of logic, Spock.
This is an issue of observation, data, and
explanatory theory... and the theory does not
include anything like "covers the Sun".