Any vegetarians or vegans on here? What's some of your favorite meals or snacks?

Any vegetarians or vegans on here? What's some of your favorite meals or snacks?

Please no bully from non-vegs. I'm doing it temporarily/intermittently for health reasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

isachandra.com/2009/11/homemade-seitan/
cookpad.com/us/recipes/364751-chocolate-avocado-buttercream-frosting
food52.com/recipes/62294-school-party-sheet-cake
edibleperspective.com/home/2013/7/2/triple-layer-chocolate-vanilla-birthday-cake-with-chocolate.html
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/coconut-oil
gimmedelicious.com/2016/01/31/baked-buffalo-cauliflower-wings/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'm a Veeky Forums vegetarian. I make a batch of seitan for protein and then use it in rice bowls or sandwiches.

isachandra.com/2009/11/homemade-seitan/ this is a good recipe but i actually prefer it baked until brown and relatively firm.

An easy way to construct a vegetarian/vegan bowl

Something high-ish in protein like Tofu/seitan/tempeh/beans/vegan sausage (surprisingly decent)
some sort of cooked vegetable (it's winter now so roasted squash/brussels sprouts/root veg are nice, or a long cooked green like kale)
something creamy (hummus, avocado, vegan mayo with maybe a flavoring like hot sauce or roasted garlic, silken tofu with lemon and nutritional yeast, maybe cheese if being vegetarian)
whole grain like brown rice, quinoa, farro, etc.
dressing or sauce (you can use a salad dressing or something like a teryaki or bbq sauce).
+ a pickle or kimchi.

You can mix and match these components but it's nice because you can work on how to make different aspects of the bowl delicious and experiment and it'll always taste pretty decent.

>no bully from non vegans
Fuck you, and here why:

1. of course there are vegans here. They shitpost daily.
2. Are you posting a thread asking for snack ideas? Fucking vegan snack ideas?
3. Nobody cares why you are doing it. Just Fucking do it and Google your shit-tier questions in private. You're worse than those people who go on /a/ and ask for recommendations. At least they'll actually watch the recommendations. You just wanted a reason to discuss your shitty life choices.

That being said, my favorite vegan meal is mushrooms and minced farlic sautéed in olive oil.

Of course, I eat that alongside a nice juicy steak, because I don't have feminine health issues.

Yup vegan here. Do it mainly for ethical reasons. I love animals and truly believe that meat is murder. Now in an industrialized society we can sustain ourselves on plant based products and to a certain extent for those who choose to be vegetarian or pescatarian (fish cannot feel pain but I personally don't eat them because I love all living things) animal bi-products and fish. With that being said here are a few of my favourite vegan recipes.

Falafel burger. Basically just make a falafel mixture and instead of shaping it into the classic balls, shape it like a burger patty, then fry it. Serve on a bun that has tzatziki or Greek yogurt (if you are vegetarian) but I use hummus because I am vegan, lots of cucumber, lettuce, tomato, some red onion, whatever spices you like.

Another snack I really like is just pita chips with roast garlic hummus dip.

For breakfast I will often make toast with sauteed mushrooms on the side, giant cannelini beans in tomato sauce,

Pasta is a staple for me. I usually just make a pesto from scratch but leave out the cheese. Toss it with the pasta, serve it with bread crumbs toasted in olive oil over the top and mushrooms + pine nuts.

I like to make pizza with dairy free cheese. There are actually some excellent ones out there and you will hardly notice the difference. I personally enjoy vegan pepperoni which tastes so amazing it is basically heavily spiced tofu, along with mushrooms.

I fresh bake soft pretzels all the time and serve them with a spicy mustard or marinara sauce.

Jalapeno stuffed olives are nice too :)

>You just wanted a reason to discuss your shitty life choices.

I didn't all. Why are you so angry?

>muh real man meat-eater
Reddit-tier joke t.b.h.

Sounds like you are really insecure with your masculinity honestly. I am not even vegan or vegetarian just an omnivore lurker. I like fish more than meat in general but love a juicy medium rare steak with sauteed mushrooms and mashed potatoes. You are a huge faggot let the vegans and vegetarians have a nice thread.

Highly, HIGHLY recommend lentil soup. It is so, go good. I love to actually blend it. The lentils give it this amazing creamy texture when blended and you don't even need to use cream. Of course if you are vegetarian though you can use dairy so a leek and potato soup is absolutely delicious.

twice baked sweet potato is pretty dope for a light meal.

Tendies reeeeeeee

I'm not vegetarian or vegan but one of my favorite foods is miso soup with silken tofu, eaten with rice (kind of like cereal)
Sometimes I also eat some rice with a sunny side up egg with the yolk mixed in

Which ESL center can I find you tutoring English at in Japan you weeb?

I'm partial to a quick glass noodle and edamame dish

>Glass noodles (Vermicelli or smaller)
>Mint
>Lime
>Cucumber
>Chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
>Sesame seeds
>Thinly grated carrot
>Red onion
>Palm sugar (or other sugar)

Prepare the glass noodles and mix the rest of the ingredients in. Maybe add a little water to loosen everything up
Serve with some marinated tofu, fresh cilantro, sambal or chiles

Hi OP, omnivore here but I eat vegetarian on most days for health reasons.

I don't really have a favorite meal per se but my meals usually consist of white rice with two sides of boiled veggies. Recently i've been eating chinese broccoli tips and snow peas drizzled with soy sauce.

Tonight i bought some kabocha squash and boiled that. It was absolutely delicious and all i added was salt.

For snacks...it's kinda unhealthy but i eat potata chips lol.

Recently became a pseudo-vegetarian due to medical reasons (I have to severely limit my meat intake).

I actually like salads with decent lettuces (no iceberg) and simple dressings (vinaigrette, etc.) occasionally something richer like blue cheese or caesar dressing.

Falafel are a great snack, though they're still fried so don't overdo it. I snack on hummus, baba ganoush, ful mdames, etc. with bread and pickled vegetables frequently. Nuts are also good if you don't overdo it. If I've made sticky rice recently I like to make rice balls out of that with a little soy sauce or hot sauce.

Fruit's a good snack. If you're used to eating really carb-heavy snacks then sometimes they don't feel all that filling but you get used to it eventually. Olives and pickles are great snacks. Kale chips are cheap and easy to make. I try to limit the amount of soy and corn products I consume because it's in everything and easy to overdo, but I like to snack on popcorn, tofu, and roasted soybeans on occasion. Learn to love salads and yogurt.

Mostly I just eat a lot of soups with beans in them, pastas with cheese (you can do some with things like white beans if you're going vegan instead of vegetarian), salads, rice and beans, quiches and omeletes, bean burritos, Indian and Middle Eastern food, and I adapt some of my favorite recipes to have a non-meat protein. I'm not fond of most vegan meat substitutes, but occasionally I'll get a vegan curry with bits of emulsified wheat germ or whatever the fuck they make them out of.

I've always enjoyed vegetarian food even as a meat-eater, so it's not that big a sacrifice. And, on the occasion when I do allow myself meat, I enjoy it all the more.

good stuff

To get protein, I'll usually eat meat.

>a nice thread
>a
>implying singular

Fucking roffel ex dee.

There's multiple threads asking the same goddamned question daily. I may be going off the rails with my ranting, but name a respectable board that allows numerous similar threads to be made unchecked. Occasional veganism is swell, but don't flood a once pleasant board with this shit without first checking the catalog.

THAT is why I accuse OP of just wanting to shitpost about his faux medical issues and feminine diets.he doesn't even have the goddamned common courtesy to check the catalog before starting a thread.

>FUN FACT: I myself did not check the catalog before posting this accusation. I'm Fucking positive there are other vegan threads though. someone else can do my bitch-work for me.

Autism

>I may be going off the rails with my ranting

Just looked and there isn't.

>>There's multiple threads asking the same goddamned question daily.
Welcome to every post ever about anything.

I don't see what is so offensive to you about discussing food that doesn't contain animal products.

Been here for years, and to be honest I'd prefer a veg thread that isn't preachy and moralistic. This one isn't. You're shitting on the wrong thread.

I am one of the above posters who actually has a medical condition (gout) requiring me to limit my meat intake. This thread is better than the majority of veg-whatever threads, and even the one person who claimed to be vegan for ethical reasons wasn't an asshole. Fuck you for being a piece of shit. We have this thread because we don't like your standard vegan/vegetarian threads.

Calm down man. Most of us here aren't saying there's something wrong with eating meat, we just like our veggies that's all.

Nah. Vegans are devil worshippers.

vegan sausages are actually pretty dope because sausage gets most of its flavor from the spices anyway. I put it on homemade pizzas.

> I'm a Veeky Forums vegetarian

>vegan
>favourite meals
>implying vegans eat meals

If it doesnt have meat its a snack.

Bump

I bake vegan cakes pumped full of fat and sugar and sell them to clueless vegans at inflated prices.

i bake vegan cookies for myself because they're lower in fat and sugar and still super yum even though i love meat

That just depends on what recipe you're using. They're not inherently "lower in fat and sugar".

>I'm doing it temporarily/intermittently

Me too! Every time I take a bite of vegetable, or eat nuts, or potato chips, I'm totally a vegan! I just toggle back and forth several times a day.

I eat like this a lot. Pretty nice. some people call it a power bowl. i hate that name, but like the concept

Beans, rice, vegetables, pico, avacado

Rice, dahl, with indian pickle and vegetables, lime and cilantro, and some whole wheat chapatti

simple coconut milk based curries

khichdi

soups in the winter

japanese style noodle soups like chanko nabe or ramen just from scratch and with a lot of vegetables and tofu

veggie burgers

yes

I'm an asian

I like to do vegan chili sometimes, I'm not even a vegan but it's cheap and delicious.

It's basically sauteed onion, green pepper, hot pepper (jalapeno/whatever) small dice carrot, celery and a mixture of small dice and sliced mushroom and then the chili powder / cumin with some canned dice tomato and tomato sauce. Canned beans and corn go in at the end after everything is cooked

The word meal refers to grain.

You literally sound like the faggots on Reddit. DAE BACON???

Enjoy your ass cancer.

i just made some almost vegan oatmeal pumpkin chocolate cookies

they're almost vegan because i forgot until too late that the chocolate has milk in it but i'm not vegan so i don't care

My favorite thing about vegan baking is how creative some of these motherfuckers have to get. I think that can only be a good thing for food in general. I'm not even a vegan, but I'm kind of impressed by the human ingenuity it sometimes involves.

Then again, most vegans have really shitty diets so I don't want to give them too much credit.

yeah they're goofy

the fattest vegan i know is a vegan baker and she orders tim horton's ice capps (a god awful iced """"coffee"""" drink made with coffee flavored sugar syrup, crushed ice and milk) with ALL SYRUP AND NO MILK

fucking raunch

I'm trying to find a good fat substitute for making a chocolate "buttercream" frosting without resorting to margarine.
Some recipes I've found include this avocado-base one:
cookpad.com/us/recipes/364751-chocolate-avocado-buttercream-frosting

This pureed sweet-potato version:
food52.com/recipes/62294-school-party-sheet-cake

and a cashew-based alternative:
edibleperspective.com/home/2013/7/2/triple-layer-chocolate-vanilla-birthday-cake-with-chocolate.html

I've made cashew sour cream before and it turned out really well in texture, but I've not tried it sweetened. I supposed I could also sub in hazelnuts and make a Nutella-like frosting.
Anyone tried some of these variants?

I suppose I could also just make a thick whipped ganache with almond milk and let the inherent cacao butter do everything.

use coconut oil thinned out with soy or nut milk

>coconut oil
BUT ALL THAT SATURATED FAT...
Well I am asking advice for a buttercream recipe so alright. Thanks for the reply.

>Fuck you, and here why

pizza without cheese is surprisingly great

It's like a marinara sauce sandwich.

Riddle me this: why is every vegan either an anorexic or obese female? I've never met a male vegan as far as I know, or maybe they don't feel like they have to convert the world like some insecure bitch.

I hope this is bait. Really baseless generalization.

>le bacon and eggs xD
>am i a real tough man now guise?

you are retarded faggot kys

t. fellow meat eater

Sup fellow vegans. Somebody recently brought up the point that veganism pollutes more than a carnivores diet. With the pesticides, increased need in transport etc, and I'm having a hard time trying to counter this argument. Is this true?

If you mix Greek yogurt with nut butter it makes a great fruit dip, particularly for apples.

I'm a junk food vegetarian.

I live off of cheese pizza and potato chips.

Does anyone else have their slave eat the okara while you keep all the tofu for yourself?

What do you think cows eat ?

that's silly talk
everybody knows that vegan eats are not processed in any way and does not pollute or create misery in actual human beans or animals in any way
if a vegan food item needs to travel more than a one mile, it is flash frozen and delivered by arch angels whose angelic chariots are fueled by good will and children's laughter alone

Im not a vegan, or ever will be. As long as some other cunt is going to eat boring shit I plan on enjoying steaks for as long as possible. That said methan from livestock is a one of the largest contributers to green house gas emisions, and it takes roughly 7 kg of grain to make 1kg of beef, and you'd be a fool to think your cow is getting "organic" grain in its trough. Also has to be refrigerated which takes up more energy than grain storage. So yeah meat is worse for the environment, but some other poor cunt can go vegan imo.

Petulant manbaby go back to reading pua REEL MAN shite

What about health concerns from eating meat? How expensive meat is? Tbh, I personally can't rationalize eating meat when it makes no sense whatsoever.

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/coconut-oil

Not everyone aspires to have a dadbod like you senpai. And please don't call other people insecure when you tie your identity and masculinity to what you eat.

>I'm doing it temporarily/intermittently for health reasons.
That's how I do it. Almost all my cooking is things a vegan could eat. I do this as a hedge against the heavy stuff I get the once or twice a week when I go out to eat. Keeps my middle aged ass trim and off cholesterol meds.

My fave vegetarian meals include:
-Bean/lentil curry + greens + veg curry + rice
-Pasta with white beans in tomato-garlic-sage sauce + rapini
-Sicilian lentil soup with pasta
-Tofu and potatoes cooked in toban jain over braised cabbage + rice
-Fried rice noodles with veggies and tofu in curry sauce
-Split pea soup + whole wheat bread
-Ratatouille + bread
-Fava beans in tahini sauce + shepherd's salad + bread
-Warm lentil salad with carrot over lettuce + potato salad in mustard dressing
-Stir fry of bunashimeji mushrooms, lotus root and green beans in brown sauce over rice
-Tabeekh + Basmati rice

Snacks/junk food:
-Peanuts
-Tahini based salad (hummus, mutabal and the like) + bread
-Frozen falafel fried up and put into sandwich with veggies and tahini sauce
-Tostada with vegetarian refried beans, avocado, pico, radish slices and vegan chorizo (crazy delicious junk food!)
-Any Field Roast sausage fried up with onions
-Popcorn popped in peanut oil
-Guacamole and chips

Most female vegetarians I know are far more skeptical of gluten than dairy. I only know one female vegan, and she's got a normal build. Aside from her all the vegans I know are well educated guys from upper middle class families and/or health nuts. They tend to be self employed and socially liberal. Not a fatty among them.

Soy yoghurt is breddy gud but a bit overpriced. I may actually prefer it to the real stuff.

Chickpeas are awesome, use them for tacos with a mixture of spices, cranberries, and satueed kale. Also makes a good faux-tuna salad if you're in a rush, just make sure to remove the skin.

You can also use the juice from canned chickpeas to make vegan eggwhites, good for baking if that's your ish.
Coconut milk? Sweetened condensed coconut milk recently came to the market.

This is all true of ramen, fast food, YouTube, steak, burger, knife, etc threads as well. What Veeky Forums needs is a sticky

Interdasting,

>Tabeekh + Basmati rice
Thanks for this. Always looking for new veggie stews. Have you tried Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings"?
gimmedelicious.com/2016/01/31/baked-buffalo-cauliflower-wings/

>Coconut milk? Sweetened condensed coconut milk recently came to the market.
I've been thinking about that.. I may give it a go, especially next time I want to make a custard or something that traditionally calls for whole milk or heavy cream as a liquid (not for whipping of course).

You forgot pizza.
Hmm... You know I bet a vegan deep dish pizza would be pretty good.
- Corn-meal crusted dough
- Heavy reduction tomato or cashew-garlic sauce
- Classic "Supreme" toppings: Sauteed Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh Spinach/Basil Leaves
- Some kind of protein like seitan/marinated tofu or vegan meat
Sprinkle some nutritional yeast over top and bake

>Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings"?
Ha ha. I appreciate the idea, but as a teenager I ate more than a lifetime's worth of Buffalo wings. Absolutely no interest in them now. If I want something doused in hot sauce I'll just have a plate of red beans and rice. And because I'm just mostly vegan on the rare occasions when I want some chicken I just go out and get some.

kys

Bump