How come philosophy majors are as smart as mathematicians...

How come philosophy majors are as smart as mathematicians, almost as smart as physicians and smarter than engineers but haven't picked a STEM masterrace major?

Is humanities, dare I say it, the actual masterrace?

I meant physicists, obviously

I'd like to know what the dot at 120 and 90ish% is

People who go on to careers in philosophy were all born rich. They don't have to STEMcuck for a living like us plebs.

>people are still posting this chart when the data it's based off is literally "muh feelz" of some some aspie

The % female majors axis is a fucking sidesplitter, user. Quality post!

>master race study
>two others are clearly better using the measure YOU provided
kys

I never realized math was so spit by gender. Are we certain math ed majors weren't lumped in?

Lmao at cs cucked all the way down there with the psych majors

Because anyone who takes the le humanities/le stem meme seriously is a fucking idiot. i have never met a person who seriously thought humanities were garbage that mattered in a field.

>tfw smug philosophy major at a shit tier university

crossing my fingers come graduation

>mfw math major
>mfw crush philosophy majors on verbal and analytical

>ywn recite misogynistic quotes from obscure French philosophers in their native tongue while actively making a woman wet

tradeoffs senpai

lol

math is philosophy, you poop-butt.

absolutely based. I actually decided today to switch my undergraduate degree from maths to philosophy

Philosophy is just math without rigor.

science is philosophy, too

>almost
theres your answer

Right, because moral calculus is a thing

>being this ignorant
>2016

Imagine if algebraists all had different definitions of the idea of a "group", and they were all sure that theirs was the only truly valid definition, and that anything that didn't match up with their own intuitive notion of a group clearly couldn't be one. And then they spend 2000 years arguing with each other about definitions and at the end of it all smirk smugly about how "difficult" the questions they're dealing with are. How even to this day no one is sure whether group operations are always commutative, and there are major schools of algebra that write entire books arguing about this point.

That's exactly what philosophy is. Ethics, for example, becomes trivial as soon as you pick a set of axioms.

That has nothing to do with rigor, sperg. Math mostly deals with deductive built upon a set of self-evident truths, of course its conclusions will be less bound to debate since they're solid with the exception of sheer error. Philosophy deals with other kinds of questions. There's millenia-old debates on Ethics because there are several different competing points of view with very few self-evident truths to build upon.

Axioms are not self-evident truths, or else there would not be mutually contradictory axiom systems. Mathematicians have simply learned how to be comfortable switching between different systems with different assumptions, apparently unlike philosophers who feel uncomfortable without something like a "self-evident truth" (whatever that even means). If there were truly any interesting millenia-old problems in philosophy, mathematicians would have solved them by now.

I wasn't talking about axioms, I was talking about self-evident truths. Self-evident truths aren't necessarily axioms.

>Mathematicians have simply learned how to be comfortable switching between different systems with different assumptions, apparently unlike philosophers
>implying there aren't different philosophical "systems" with different sets of assumptions
You just showed you know jackshit about actual philosophy. I will stop replying here

>Hi, OP here. I'm studying maths and am not currently satisfied with the amount of ego boosts from plebs around me in regards to my intelligence for studying my chosen field in mathematics over a comfier, more aesthetic field. Regards, I found this chart online that challenges my intelligence superiority. Can you please make my levelled attempt at Devil's Advocacy?

There's something wrong with this chart. Most philosophy majors are stupid DUDE WEED LMAO brainlets, how's this possible???

>hey guys, I legitimately follow the popular belief that philosophy=feels even though I'm completely ignorant and I'm also a huge faggot

>Sources: Educational testing services (statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major)
>iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major
>iq-estimates
>estimates

Math major focusing on physics with a minor in philosophy. Feels pretty good.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, go read a fucking book nigger.

Because they aren't.

The only thing that chart useful for is for gauging how worthless an undergrad degree is and how hard its graduates needed to study for the GRE.

If I double major in math and philosophy then go to a top 10 law school am i still a humanities pleb? what about philosophy with a math minor?

fucking idiot

you're not saying anything

nothing but a bunch of psuedo-intellectuals going around asking why, why, why

Life has no meaning, no purpose, there is no such thing as morality, conciousness arose through natural processes, there is no such thing as the metaphysics just what is observed in the natural world

inane idealist

low iq posters

>there is no such thing as the metaphysics
there's no scientific method without metaphysics

You're obviously retarded, scientist define things like time and space, cause and effect. Here's the kicker everyone in their own right is a philosopher, however when you become known as a philosopher your head goes so far up your own ass, you are worthless. You ask silly question that real scientist do not have time for

You are a low iq positivist that doesn't even know what science, metaphysics or knowledge actually is. Either educate yourself or leave my board.

i could be the lowest iq motherfucker on this board but at least I don't spend my time asking silly questions. I am a real scientist, a biochemist to be exact and everyone in the scientific community tackle the hard questions, because we want to know, we don't spend all our time with our heads up are own arse questioning the meaning of existence.

you think iq really has anything to do with intelligence, that just proves what a plebeian you really are

you think philosophy is some dudes smoking weed and going on how DUDE THERE'S NO MEANING TO LIFE LMAO because you're ignorant. how about you open a few philo textbooks and see for yourself how retarded you sound right now?

stop making inane grandiose claims about a discipline you know nothing of and I will stop calling you out for being a cretin

I don't need to read any philosophy textbook, this exchange with you proves how full of shit you are, you attack me cause I'm telling you the truth about your pseudoscience.

keep on keeping on, mr. scientist

Here's data from UNAM (National Autonomous University of Mexico)

>How come philosophy majors are as smart as mathematicians

Well, science IS a subset of philosophy, designed to fix the problem of human bias in our attempts to understand the world.

>a real scientist
>biochemist
wew

You sound like this: "You study math? Quick, what's 304*29?"

For one, you live by a moral code that you assume is natural without realising that you base much of your morality with what has been taught to you. How did you think laws were formulated?

Shit like that is a good start.

This fucking meme again

>How come philosophy majors are as smart as mathematicians
No, the only reason is this data is shit. Be there any reliable data, we'd have anything to discuss.