Holy shit I just realized almost all countries in the world including Canada and Japan regularly eat meat from HORSES

Holy shit I just realized almost all countries in the world including Canada and Japan regularly eat meat from HORSES.

I had no fucking idea.

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why waste good animal meat?

Pigs are more intelligent, why is that allowed?
What makes horses special?

Because we don't need them for labor in this day and age? I've never had it to my knowledge, but I'm sure it'll taste like venison if they didn't spend 16 years pulling a plow.

Horse salami is delicious.

but..... ponies.....

Canada does this shit too really?

Nah. It's not anything you will see in any store here, and I've never heard of anybody here eating it.

Because it's just life other and people don't realise (tesco meat scandal)

Plus who cares it tastes nice anyway

Most animals are. Horses are dumb as fuck and afraid of everything that moves.

In Europe too en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal

of course they do

their horse meat counter is right next to the dog servicing station in most Canadian grocery stores

make small salamis....

>Why is this allowed?
The question is: why is not allowed in usa?

> it is okay to eat x animal but not y animal

I love you illogical moralfags.

>why is not allowed in usa?

Because it's the land of the Free user. You're just not Free enough to understand.

I'm fine with it, as long as it passes vet inspections and stuff. I don't wan't to eat meat with residual drugs and shit in it.

This. The real problem with the horse meat scandal in Europe wasn't that it was horse: it was that the meat came from God only knows where.

I wish my local butchers was still open, because I'd quite like to get my hands on some proper horse meat.

Tried it. Too lean; might as well be chewing leather. I'm never gonna eat horse meat again.

Try a young horse. It's like lamb, no one eats mutton because it's too tough.

> it is okay to fuck x woman but not your sister
I love you illogical moralfags.

>Genetic defects vs "it's a horse!"
Not saying that protected sex shouldn't be disallowed. As long as there's no retards born who cares.

Horse sausage is common in sweden. We eat it on our sanwiches.

It's pretty good.

pic related

Outside of a handful of states that ban it It isn't, there just isn't any demand for it, America exports horses to countries that do eat them though like Mexico and Canada.

That bread looks dry as fuck, but the sausage looks nice.

I eat mutton.

Now that's a sin, unless you stew it.

i'd honestly give it a try albeit reluctantly

Those dirty quebecois do. But theres nothing wrong with horse meat.

BIG BLACK KORV
I
G

B
L
A
C
K

K
O
R
V

Well yeah. It's crispbread. It's actually really tasty.

Stick to eating mcdonalds you uncultured ameriburger

>That bread looks dry as fuck,
usa at his best...

Banned in every state selling or consuming horse meat is a felony in 32 states the rest are fines or 3 days in jail

>mfw anglos give me shit for eating one of the following:
horse
donkey
rabbit
frog

What about horse meat offends you? Don't get me wrong: if I'm eating horsemeat I want it to be advertised as such. But I have no moral reason not to eat it.

>rabbit
i see why some people would give you shit for the other three, but i never heard anyone having a problem with eating rabbit

>mild disgust

contempt is a good word

You'd be surprised how many times people give me shit for it on Veeky Forums.
For shame really, it's really fine meat for the price, and it's very healthy (assuming you don't eat exclusively meat).

>You'd be surprised how many times people give me shit for it on Veeky Forums.

Sure but this is Veeky Forums. Hell of half of Veeky Forums think anything more exotic than a tendie is abhorrent.

>frog
but it's seams that froglegs are part of the cooking tradition in the south states no? Cajun food?

I don't really care where the meat comes from as long as it doesn't kill me.

It's my dream to one day have ate all the meats

Do Americans really not eat horse?

What country are you from?

they problably do.. but don't know about it since the meat mafia didn't write it on the microwave tv-dinner boxes...

Would you eat a person?

I won't give you shit about the other three (I'd personally like to try rabbit meat) , but aren't donkeys similar to horses being high up in the Moh's hardness scale?

>person
you mean 'long pig'....

>being high up in the Moh's hardness scale?
I kek'd

>donkeys similar to horses being high up in the Moh's hardness scale?
They made great salami desu
never saw donkey meat on sale fresh

where do you live?

You over cooked it. Fat in meat is only necessary for idiots who can't cook.
>inb4 fat in meat is good, it's what makes it tasty
It can be, not always, and lean meat can be delicious if properly prepared and cooked (but more disastrous when not)

Because it's cute I guess. According to Disney at least.
I can't remember what animal I read about (rabbit, deer, lamb, something like that) that practically disappeared from butcher stalls after a film about one had a wide success in the USA. Kids were all "you can't eat [protagonist's name]! He's too cute!", parents stopped eating this animal in particular, habits stayed.

south France and Italy are famous for donkey salami, you can buy it on farmer market there

tried a horse steak in zurich. sort of like beef but not as nice i thought.

That cat is too cute and is wearing a scarf. You turned me into a little girl oh my god so cute stay warm kitty

Are you allergic to horses?

>a film about one had a wide success in the USA
finding Nemo?
bambi?
Spirit?

Why not? They aren't very different from cows, and both cows and horses are way dumber than pigs.

This is fascinating. What's it like being a horse? Does hay get stuck in your teeth a lot? Is it bothersome when a human rides on your back? Is the meme you really love apples true?

It's not that simple. People don't eat horses because they're companion animals we as a species have evolved and grew with. It's the same thing for dogs/cats

>rabbit
There are places where they don't eat rabbits? Then why do they even have rabbits there? Rabbit is like duck, it's a widespread novelty meat, but I've never heard anyone upset about it, except vegans probably.

>horse
>companion animal

Are you a 12y old girl?

>Are you a 12y old girl?
You should ask the man in the picture that.

Bit hard considering he's been dead for four decades.

He can't that man hasn't existed for hundreds of years. Which is sort of the point, nobody except a handful of farmers sees horses as companions anymore.

>Why is this allowed?

Why wouldn't it be?

>they're companion animals we as a species have evolved and grew with.
What is a pig ? a cow? a chicken? A donkey? a mutton? etc

>Rabbit is like duck, it's a widespread novelty meat,
novelty??????

If you were hungry, I mean trully hungry, not just your stomach growling because you skipped lunch, you'd kill and eat anything alive except possibly humans, and suck the marrow from the bones. Then you'd fight over the hide so you could boil and eat that too.

Because unlike in the States those countries ban the use of medicines on horses that render the meat poisonous.

(PS this is also why modern cannibalism is a really, really bad idea even if you are starving.)

Because horse is delicious.

Did you just assume my country's gender????

>triggered

Yessir! Veeky Forumsanada here!

You can get horse meat poutine and horse tartare in Ottawa and probably most of Québec!

kek

comment of the year

Nearly all of the animals that are farmed are that

Cajuns are french canadians, who were originally from france. The word "Cajun" comes from "Acadia" which was a region in canada before the English kicked frenchmens asses on the plains of abraham.
Some of the people from the Acadian regions were "expelled" (though not very well since there are tons here still) not to be confused with Quebec, mind you.
When they arrived in the southern usa it got confused because 1. everyone was retarded and mostly illiterate back then 2. people talked like they had marbles in their mouth or like they were drunk (some probably were, they're frenchmen afterall). So when they said "I'm Acadian" people would go "huh? Oh... He said he's a cajun, what the fuck is a cajun?" so the name stuck.
inb4 not your blog and tldr's

Agree

so the rest of usa will consider froglegs not as an american dish?

Its sort of a stereotype french thing, like snails. So it will probably stay that way. Kind of people think of maple syrup and poutine for canada, even though Vermont, usa has tons of great maple syrup, and people from lots of places have put gravy on potatoes for basically ever, which is essentially the idea behind poutine, its just fries, gravy, cheese curd (or cheese at cheaper places).

I'm fine with the horse meat, what I want to know is why? Horses are not very useful nowadays, outside of recreational riding and some specialty entertainment things like racing and equestrian events. There is little justification for a large horse population, since they have been replaced by other vehicles in agriculture and transportation.
Are these horses being raised just for meat? Or are they elderly animals from other purposes who are losing their ability? From racing, I understand a horse is at their peak ability when 3 or 4 years old, but can live to be 20+. Even if a horse is slaughtered at age 4, that seems like an expensive piece of meat. Wouldn't normal cows be a far better use of grazing lands? I'm fine with eating horses, but not if they're consuming more resources than beef.

racing horses are full of chemicals.. Not proper to consume for humans (that was the scandal in europe, not the fact that it was horse meat)

At least where I live rabbit isn't widely available unless you are a hunter.

I'd eat horse if poultry got more expensive.

What's wrong with eating horse anyway?

It hurts some white girls feelings

>isn't widely available unless you are a hunter.
i don't talk about game here ..
wild rabid (dark game meat) has nothing in common with rabbit from a farm ( white, almost chicken like meat)

Horsemeat is just little bit sweeter than beef or any other common meat which is not that bad actually. Try some, it's good.

Just go to Arby's

>practically disappeared from butcher stalls after a film about one had a wide success in the USA
But Idris Elba's career hasn't stopped women for eating BBC

i hope one day i can get free enough to accept the fact i'm not free

Where? I live in Ottawa and I have never seen that.

Let's talk about the best kind of meat.

>Juicy and tender
>Already salted to perfection
>Won't break the bank for a good slice of tail

>large mammal with lots of meat that grows quickly and easily
Why wouldn't they?

>Implying cowboys didn't eat horses

>large mammal with lots of meat
whale?

>horses
>grows quickly and easily
LOL.

What difference does it make, you can't even taste it without a nose.

kek

a man must do want a man must do...