Can someone please explain how a magnetic field works in detail

Can someone please explain how a magnetic field works in detail...

[math]\displaystyle \nabla \cdot E = -\frac{\partial B}{\partial t}[/math]
[math]\nabla \times B = \mu_0 \left( J + \epsilon_0 \frac{\partial E}{\partial t}\right)[/math]

No not that I mean the hard question, I mean what is the magnetic field composed of.

Not just "photons" as an answer please because that's not true either. Sorry if the question is too hard.

it's the generalization of a force.
your question doesn't really make sense

A field is an algebraic structure.embedded with two algebraic operations.

An example of another field are the real numbers, with the operations addition and substraction.

A magnetic field is a field with the operations closing and clearing.

These operations have some specific characteristics. For example, if a(closing)b = c then b(closing)a = c

In other words, if an object is being attracted to another object, the second object is also being attracted to the first object.

And
a(clearing)b = c and a(closing)b = c IF AND ONLY IF a = b = c

From that second statement and the field structure you should be able to figure out exactly how a magnetic field works.

>composed of

Physically, what carries a magnetic field?
According to particle physics the "photon" carries it.

As in, the magnetic field isn't actually "invisible" there are particles transferring the energy.

Explain this aspect of it ...

I can. But to make it easy take a pice lf paper fold it in a tube this represents the wire. Draw on that tube arrow that arow will represent the current now take the tube of paper and show it in your ass. Your asshole is now magnetic field. Resistance to incertion is analog to resistamce of a change of magnetic field

every force has a quantizeable force carrier.
*insert 2 years of math*

This is not corect

Well what's correct then? I get nervous seeing one answer and then seeing another person saying it's not right with no evidence... how do I trust any of you?

Mahnetic field is caried by magnetons. They are combination of few photons that are aranged in special order. Photons just carry electric field. Thats why you need moving electrons for magnetic field and combiantion of photons for magnetic. If it were just photons you would get that electric and magnetic field are the same but they are not.

But I thought a photon was an electromagnetic wave?

A magnetic field is a special phenomenon...
(10 paragraphs later)
...and that is why the earth has gravity
>drops mic

thefedoralord: thanks for the info! Have all muh upvotes XD XD

It is electromagnetic wave but single photon does not give magnetic interaction. Imagine it like this, there is no magnetic particles but electic particle if it does something (acelerate) can create magnetism. Principle is the same for mavnetic interaction. Photon if it does somthing (bunch of photons ordered in special way) can give you manetic interaction. This is why electric amd magnetic forece have different equations. If the force carrier was the same force equations would be the same

That's pretty helpful I just feel like I'm missing so much information.

Of you want to learn more you could read
Inteoduction to electromagnetism by C.Uckberg or if you want something more advanced you can go for fundamentals of electrodynamics by B.Nigel

8/10 I knew cuckberg wasn't real but I googled it anyway.

False.

Magnetic field are relativistic effects, and appear due to reference frames, the particle carrier of the magnetic field is the photon, because they're both the same phenomenon.

You can write them in single equation when you adopt a coordinate free way of looking at EM theory, ie, tensors:

[math]\partial_\mu F^{\mu \nu} = \mu_0 J^{\nu}[/math]

>C.Uckberg
I wish this was a real person. It would be so unfortunate.

Your answer too

OK every answer I've got is conflicting with other answers and you all seem to think each other is wrong so I as OP have given up. None of you know this in reality so I should stop coming to Veeky Forums for general questions seeing as it's a highschool homework help board.

Every one of you just denies the other person and makes a new claim that apparently is also very wrong.

don't get discouraged user, none of them really know the answer to your question.
There are theories but no clear answers to how a magnetic field transfers the force of attraction or repulsion along with torque forces at a distance.

Here you know what. I'll actually trust you. I don't know what the people on Veeky Forums are in real-life but none of them agree with each other and they all post some bullshit and then reply to other posts before them saying it's not true but no one here seems to agree. I don't know who to trust but thanks for the advice I doubt Veeky Forums is the best place for this discussion anyways lol.

ITT

Not him, but many levels of education brings many different answers.
Besides the trolls, of course.

I'm just your standard close to graduation physics student.

>Can someone please explain how a magnetic field works in detail...

Well, I COULD, but FUCK YOU.

But why would you even enter the thread just to post that?

>But why would you even enter the thread just to post that?

Because humans aren't ready for that kind of knowledge, and I just wanted to rub that in your faces.

Ok

Ayy LMAO.