I'm going to move to a new apartment soon and it's a conduction range. I'm used to gas...

I'm going to move to a new apartment soon and it's a conduction range. I'm used to gas. Is there anything I can do to hookup a gas range or am I fucked

Just get good at using the microwave. If you want something crispy just wrap it in foil.

You're not fucked, you're just downgrading.
Enjoy your new existence.

I'm prepping myself and I hate it already

Get a small camp stove?

Get used to moving your pan on and off the stove a lot. Electric stoves are basically the same as gas but instead of turning a knob to lower the heat quickly, you have to physically move what you are heating.

Prep the bull instead

do you mean induction?

conduction is fine, your gas stove is conduction

if induction rage I hope you got the right pans and pots for... They need a heavy iron bottom to work properly. .. Most pans for gas don't work with induction

Fuck, yeah. It was 'induction'...

Not a bad idea

That's what I'm not looking forward to. Almost burt the green beans at my mom's when I visited, she had induction too.

???

I think I should sans like one or two.

They are literal fucking cancer, they are made for single mothers to make hamburger helper 7 times a week, and that is it.

Why would you want to?
Electric is better than gas

You're fucked

I just moved from an electric apartment to a gas one, my cooking has immediately improved hugely

All you can do is plan ahead, react quick, and try to use the right size of pan and right level of heat

Good luck

isnt the only problem with electric ranges is that they take forever to heat up? why is Veeky Forums acting like you cant cook food on electric?

Gas kicks the shit out of electric, foolio. Only advantage induction has is that it's easier to clean.

Literally any ferric metal pan will work on induction.

If you don't buy shit-tier induction you can cook exactly the same as with gas, and with less hassle. All whiners here are plebs that want to act like elitists

>can cook exactly the same as with gas
Nope.

Induction requires ferrous metal cookware. Gas can be used with any type, or shape, of cookware.

Induction has a much lower heat output (aka power) than gas.

You can tell the heat of a gas hob by looking at it. Induction isn't so obvious, especially since they cycle on-and-off

Gas provides a source of flame you can use to roast the skins on peppers, brown food on skewers, ignite a flambe, etc. Induction cannot do that.

Generally speaking, gas is cheaper than electricity. By national average gas costs about 1/3 the amount of money that electric costs for the same amount of energy.

Is it actual induction or just a glass top? They look similar, and induction is a lot more expensive than the glass top shit you'll find in cheap apartments.

For like 95% of cooking induction and electric are fucking fine, you don't need to be fiddling with the heat like you're a conductor at an orchestra.
For the remaining 5% where you DO need to do that, buy one of these.

not burning your hands on hot handles

>Gas kicks the shit out of electric,
not if you have a 380v, with over 2000w power induction ... faster hot than gas..
but... in usa you only have 110v right?

I think I'll pick up one of those if I can find one without it being stupidly expensive

>Literally any ferric metal pan will work on induction
you know that most double bottomed pans and pots have an aluminium core for better heat conducting ... and the cheap ones are not induction compatible

Buy a little propane cooker campers use if you don't want to use electric that much.