Is there any way to prove that light is a constant?

Is there any way to prove that light is a constant?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson–Morley_experiment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, it varies a lot.

how so?

it decreases when the sun sets, for one

Light is not constant dumbass. C is the speed of light in a vacuum. It's the default speed that information can travel in the universe.

I guess you didn't understand my question. I'm asking what were the factors that determine special relitivity. How can we know for sure that it is constant in a vacuum over all distances. Not a science guy, just asking.

Well, we can't "know for sure", that's why we test it as much as we can. There are many physical processes that we can check remotely that are dependent on physical constants such as c. So far, we haven't seen anything concerning.

>you didn't understand my question
>[becoz so poorly stated]
>Not a science guy
yes indeed understood

I didn't understand your question because it's retarded. Although, your "rephrased" question is even more retarded. Just google whatever the fuck Einstein did rather than asking us.

When you do experiments you see that the speed of light is constant in all reference frames
Everything else follows from that, but c being constant is an empirical observation
Read up on the michelson Morley experiment :)

80% of matter is spooky "dark matter" that can't be detected by anything other than gravity
95% of energy is "dark energy"
>So far, we haven't seen anything concerning.
Woot?

Here is the description of the experiment: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson–Morley_experiment

It's always the same when we measure it, even in different moving reference frames.

>brainlets detected

Well the light is not a fucking constant
not even is its speed
it varies with the riemanian geometrical aspects of the fields it crosses

Explain pls. Also my professor says that if you're in an accelerated rocket for example the speed of light is different of c. How can this be possible?

Sure it's all about Ricci curvature. The curvature modulates the absolute value of the speed of light, and of the very nature of light - which can be seen as information as well in relativity - not only wave or even particule. So if the variety is 2 times derivable and log-continuous, which is what happens when you are in an quasiapproximate tensorial hamiltonian space as when you travel in a rocket for instance.

Thanks m8.

Don't thank me too quickly. I may have made a mistake. The schwarz-lemaître-riemanian clause implies the non-conformity of higher derivatives - when they exist, because the second law of thermodynamics tell us that light is working like a "information pump" : is pumping information from where it can find it, and this amount is proportionnaly bigger with the Ricci curvature of the Minkowski quadrispace.

>whatever the fuck Einstein did

This guy came up with Black Holes to explain away a loophole in his general relativity equations.

This disturbed him so much the very thought they could exist kept him up at night.

Mother Nature is a spooky bitch sometimes

>the very thought they could exist kept him up at night
and the night little einstein invented H bomb, he slept like a baby
>yeah Nature is fucked up
>I mean Human nature

Ok thanks for the correction.