ITT: Things to make to practice knife skills

ITT: Things to make to practice knife skills

All I can think of is soup. Need more ideas for dishes that require a lot of prep

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fries

Ratatouille

Stir-fry, famalam.

Practice chopping the veggies into different sizes and see what works best for you

Debone a chicken without disjointing it. If you get to where you can do that well, you could probably get hired into a fine dining restaurant just by demonstrating that one skill.

>require a lot of prep

just make loads and loads of soup.

Ceviche
Gotta cut those onions tomato and serranos the fish cilantro maybe cucumber

Buy a pet animal that eats diced vegetables

try getting a job in a fucking kitchen?

just buy a fuckloads of mooli and cream and sit in front of the tv whipping and quenelling the cream and turning and brunoising the mooli for hours

I made this thread a while ago, there really isn't much to do without wasting food. soups/stocks usually don't require complicated cuts so they aren't much practice desu. maybe you could find a soup kitchen or something?

I've found that buying cuts of meat that need more prep seem to help.

Ha. Good one

Yeah, just keep cooking and eventually the knife skills will come, no dedicated practice required

I just make sure my technique is clean and consistent and the speed comes naturally
That and being comfortable and familiar with the blade so you're sure you won't cut yourself come with practice

Who is this mechanical animal?

tfw when winning the losing an arm lottery. Don't need to use hands and can hide them. Might be able to take it off.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8

You say this as if it is oh-so-obviously the best and only answer. Most adults cannot just start a new career in an entry-level minimum wage position just so they can learn to chop onions faster.

french onion soup

Bruschetta

dont really know what you expect to hear, not like 1 meal will make you improve. cook whatever you want, i cant think of a single dish that has no prep involved

SALAD OLIVIER!