I have a bunch of potatoes and a bunch of onions. What can I make?

I have a bunch of potatoes and a bunch of onions. What can I make?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JceGMNG7rpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fries with grilled onions.

I was thinking more along the lines of a patty

Fries are too fatty

I have no idea I just eat both raw, I don't even know how to cook, the only hot food I eat is from my local macdonald

youtube.com/watch?v=JceGMNG7rpU

0/10

Fresh out of eggs.

mashed potonions

Is there a way to solidify that into patties?

I guess I should just go get some eggs.

Hash browns obviously

obviously

>Is there a way to solidify that into patties?
i know this is a bait thread, but this question isn't actually that stupid. cook a batch of them and freeze them. once a week enough for about one week. you'll have a low cost but still nutrition wise valuable supply of mildly tasty base ingredients for many different dishes. i'm dead serious

Grate potatoes. Grate onions. Combine with salt and pepper. Heat skillet (preferably cast iron) with a thin spread of oil to shimmering. Dump in mixture. Spread out to about 1/2" thickness. Lower heat to medium low. Cook 5-10 minutes. Add a bit more oil by pouring at the edge so it flows under and flip. Cook another 10 minutes. You now have a real treat.

I weren't trolling

i know you weren't when you asked if there's a way to make them into patties. that's why i said i'm serious. if you really need to spend some time with little money for food, then that is actually a great idea. potatoes and onions obviously can take you a long way. eggs too. and they're all relatively cheep. make a bunch of that paste in a big pot once a week, freeze them in portions (formed to petties is actually a great idea for this) and you're almost set for keeping yourself alive on the cheep. just throw them in a pan with some rice and cheep gravy or something when you're hungry. although, rice isn't even needed because you already have potatoes, so just go with some sauce. i'm not even joking, this is a great idea

why does it matter

Get some gram flour and you can make vegetable pakora.

Get some puff pastry and you could make cheese and onion pasties.

Heck, it may not be traditional but you can make pakora with ordinary flour too.

*lift edge to make sure it's browned before you flip.

>wheat pakora

I must ask, have you actually tried this?

Several times. I've also made them with rice flour. It works 95% the same as chickpea flour.

>Fry potatoes
>Chop an onion
>Cook onion on small pan
>Add fries
>Whisk 3 eggs
>Add eggs evenly
>Wai until it's done
>Put a gig plate on top of pan
>Flip
>Finish the other sidd
>

For some strange reason, I feel compelled to believe a complete stranger on Veeky Forums.

I'm going to see what's in my cupboard and see if this works. This might be potentially quite awesome.

>pakora.
That's EXACTLY what I should make. I've had some tamarand sitting in my cupboard for a year.

A bunch of potato croquettes.

Take way too much butter, fry your onion in them with a lot of salt + pepper. take off the heat the second they're a bit brown.

Boil peeled potatoes until stupidly soft, drain and mash. Add in the onions + butter. Season with Salt and Pepper, and maybe add in some cooked veggies or meat.

Make into balls and put them into the fridge.

Mix up water/flour/salt into a batter.
Dip croquettes into batter, roll in breadcrumbs and deepfry.

Latkes baby!

>croquettes
>balls
actually curious, do they come in balls where you're from? because around here, they're always cylindrical

Where I'm from croquettes are shaped like a patty

interesting, can you find a representative pic for me? pic related is what is typical for them in my region

oh shit, the (You)s are back!?
anyways, thanks for the reply. funny how the same dish can come in such different variations depending on your location

fried potatoes/chips and grilled onions
potato fritters
mashed potatoes with onion

Pierogis dude