Alright Veeky Forumserally, I want to increase my reading speed. How can I go about doing this?

Alright Veeky Forumserally, I want to increase my reading speed. How can I go about doing this?

The same way you run faster, swim faster, type faster, play guitar scales faster. By just doing the thing.

But more practically, one thing I did pick up, when having to read texts for information, was to follow lines with a pencil. This seems to focus the eyes on the text and prevent them from straying, or being distracted.

There is another way of reading where the eye is focused on the centre of the page, past the first few words or so. The idea is to read those words peripherally. I have never devoted myself to doing this, but I can see how it could be feasible if it is practised.

Good literature should not be raced through, obviously.

Unless you're pathetically slow, don't. Rather focus on your ability pay attention to the text.

Sure but the main purpose is for nonfiction works. Heavy informative writting. (no other book board)

I've been doing some of the tracking you speak of and it definitely helps with the focus. I'm thinking of doing a skim/scan mix because I can see benefits to it.

I wanna sit on his dick

It's unimpressive (post pics of yours)

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Veeky Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

Mine is 5.5 inches so I'm fine with averages

He's 10x more attractive than me anyways

POST PICS or gib kik and send pics i wanna see

"no"

I have a bf

>I have a bf
Always takes the cake for dumbest thing I ever heard.

> stating a fact is dumb

he's right though kill yourself faggot op and other ugly faggot

I'm going to bump this thread once an hour until it hits 300 posts now just for giggles and I'll post gay romance couplets in each bump

read selectively

donĀ“t read the whole sentence, just look out for buzzwords, capture them and make up some sense to go on reading

>ugly faggot with a 'bf' is going to spend his time bumping this thread
Good luck with that one. You seem like the kind of person pathetic enough to do that.
>into the filter the thread goes

Ain't my fault a funny threat drives you further into the countryside of Projection

I would like to know this too. I was thinking that if you can touch type which is faster and more ergonomic, there's something similar with reading? I was thinking reducing subvocalisation.

>faggot ruins perfectly valid thread with his mental illness
This is why I'm voting Hillary. So we get flooded with Muslims and hopefully more Pulse events.

Cum in bum :)

>I was thinking reducing subvocalisation.
That's the key to fast reading without going into autistic savant territory. Every normal human being can learn to read as fast as 250-350 words per minute if he stops vocalising what he reads. Even learning to read faster is possible for some people with further training but I don't see any benefits in it.
>Sure but the main purpose is for nonfiction works. Heavy informative writting. (no other book board)
Reading faster won't help you learn faster/absorb information faster, at most it can help with finding specific information you are looking for.

If speed goes up retention goes up as well. Estimates put retention at 60% which is only 120 out of the average 200pm (that's terrible)

By comprehending less of what you read. It's that simple.

>shitter can't read fast and keep most of what he learns
literally no reason not to work on reading faster

I do this for magazines or trash books like To Kill A Mockingbird people ask me to read but dislike doing it for high literature.
>tfw read Mockingbird in an hour
>tfw do all course reading in half an hour a day

Cocaine.

>HS literature
>TKAMB
If you're not a freshman in semester 1 reading this the trash is you.

read books you enjoy
it's the only way iibqhwymf

this isn't an option in your higher education (HS +) or worklife

You're not a girl? Are you a Homosexual?

>has cock
>are you a girl?
Veeky Forumserally retarded

I'm actually dead since I killed myself