Interviewer stops phone interview after less than 10 minutes and says I failed

>interviewer stops phone interview after less than 10 minutes and says I failed

Nothing matters in 90+ % of jobs except your ability to portray normieness. NOTHING else matters.

Lol at least he was honest with you.

Most of them just act like everything's cool then dont call you back

Wrong board me man, but i feel for you. Learn to adapt, construct a mask.

This

I didn't realise it was impossible to fail a phone interview. You'd also have to fail pretty hard for them to tell you.

>tfw do well in phone interviews but bomb face-to-face interviews.

And this is in Veeky Forums because...?

rule nr1: dress in normcore. Can never out do it. Shop at Cos

FuCk NoRmIeS

Helpful response: lie, lie, lie. Research your lies.

>phone interview
But i am terrible on phones.
I can full normie at interviews, but phones just bring the austimo out.

Just be normal you dingbat. It's pretty fun.

Also seems to me that frogposters use 'normie' to mean 'person capable of basic social interaction'. Which, no shit, is a requirement for most jobs.

>tfw iam normal, funny, and people like me
>tfw hideously ugly
so close

Better than being a good-looking frogposter tbf

>tfw when have applied for 50 jobs over the past 2 months and have yet to even get an interview for one

Fuck STEM desu. There are too many graduates for too few positions so employers get to be incredibly selective. I have a fucking masters degree from the best university in my country and all I fucking get is "oh, you don't have a PhD or 3 years industry experience? Fuck off then."

How the fuck am I supposed to get the experience? Rents in the only city in Ireland worth getting a PhD in are sky fucking high, so a PhD means 4 years of scraping pennies together to eat.

Fuck everything.

>dress in normcore
>phone interview

pick one

Am I on Veeky Forums or /r9k/? I can't tell anymore.

>it isn't a videocall
>2016

pick an odd number

(i didn't reply to OP though fuck off terrible post)

OP here

it wasn´t a video call, just phoned him

Well, insist on a videocall next time

Unless you're a sociopath with a brickphone LOL

What country? You could always try for a government job for a while and then move out with your """experience"""

I'm in USA so it's my goal. 3.5 or above GPA and you can get a gov job.

The only thing holding my life together is that I don't have to succeed in normie world according to normie standards of success.

It's fucking terrifying when I leave the nerdy autismo bubble that I'm used to, where I have friends and people who respect me and understand that I'm good at certain things and shit like that, and suddenly have to go interact with ordinary people. You're just obliterated instantly. They don't give a FUCK about your interests, about your maybe higher than average intelligence, about any thoughts or ideas you put time into. You either have hot opinions about Avengers movies or you are a piece of fucking garbage on the bottom of the social hierarchy.

If I had to get a real job and just be a normal guy, the only way to survive it would be to go into some kind of cocoon and seek out weird autistic fucks any way I could.

If you're a smart dude and you're stuck in wageslavery, and you wonder why you never feel good associating with plebs, don't worry, it's not you. You're not the problem. They really are fucking plebs. They can't even have real conversations. Go find an autism bubble tb h.

Ireland. You don't even get Government jobs without a relevant degree and some experience here. We have such an abundance of degree holders that all anywhere wants is experience. Most people are jumping ship out of the country because there just aren't enough jobs.

Thing is, I want to stay in science somehow, but it doesn't seem possible without a PhD, and having worked in an academic lab before while totally broke I can 100% say I would definitely kill myself before spending 4 years doing a PhD. 9am to 8 or 9pm every day, spend all night thinking and worrying about what you're going to do tomorrow or reading and writing so you don't fall behind the field. It's hell on earth.

Most young scientists tend to be very boring people as well, because it's seen as a "moneymaker" field and they all jump into it for that, and because in science academia is an easily accessed guaranteed career, assuming you're willing to work extremely long hours for almost no money.

This is true

What degree? Please don't say theoretical physics

I kind of agree, but I don't resent regular people for having shitty undeveloped interests, I can still have fun with them because I like binge drinking, which usually allows you to make friends where you just chat shit about other people you know, which are serviceable. I have other friends for my Veeky Forums interests and I can see them wherever.

What I can't abide is the expectations placed on people in the workplace these days.
Not willing to devote your entire life to this job, have it consume all your time and for you to pretend to all the world that this career focused shell of a person is all there is? Goodbye young jobseeker,

Hah, no.

Immunology and general cellular biology and genetics. I want to sell my soul to big pharma.

I don't hate the people or anything but I feel a sort of resentment that I spent so long with them, wondering why I sucked so much ass. It turns out I don't suck ass, I'm a decent dude, it's just that I'm a decent dude only on wavelengths undetectable to a normie.

I spent years feeling inadequate and weird, like I was a partial person at best, some kind of demi-person. Then I found other people who are actually like me, and holy fuck, life is actually livable now.

They just can't even see you. If you go up to some normie and say anything that you actually reasoned out or thought about or cared about on any level deeper than HAHA JOKES BRO. I LIKE GATORADE BRO HAHAH BRO HAHA, they are just bewildered. If you're saying anything other than GATORADE BRO!!! NEW IPHONE. NETFLIX AND HATS BRO! to 98% of the population, you literally look like a retard to them. They assume you're actually retarded if you don't gatorade.

sounds neat. Unfortunately I have no idea what to tell you other than maybe applying for jobs outside Ireland, in say, the US. Unlikely since you can't get a US security clearance but who knows?

Try getting a business-ish internship for now if possible. Business people are fucking dumb in comparison and you might even find you like it enough and are good enough to make BUSINESS money in big pharma.