Have you ever known anybody who doesn't truly wash their dishes...

Have you ever known anybody who doesn't truly wash their dishes? I stayed at a friends place recently as I had offered to take care of their pets for a few days.....

As I sat down to eat dinner one day, I noticed the utensils I had taken out of the drawer were dirty (crusty stuff on the fork, food crusted solid in between the teeth of the knife) and so I thought ah well, threw them in the sink to be washed, and got another fork and knife...only to realize the same exact thing. I ended up going through the whole drawer and not a single utensil was clean, I ended up letting them all soak extensively and washing them all.....

I just don't get it, clearly all they do is quickly run the shit under water and put it back without looking IF that, it takes mere moments to properly wash shit, who would live this way?

I think those people might use a dishwasher instead of the sink. I think we're all guilty of missing a spot now and then though.

There was no dish washer in the joint

>2017
>not using disposable utensils, plates and cups

Fuck dishes man, I can't wait for the Jews to create disposable pots and pans

Serious post how do I wash dishes.

It seems like no matter much I scrub there are white streaks on forks and whatever.

Over at my parents place they have a dishwasher and their utensils are all 100 crystal clean.

Is this just a side effect of doing things "old style" or is there a way to prevent this?

Do you use soap?

Buy a brush, don't use rags or sponges

Fill a basin with hot water and dish soap. Scrub in the water. Rinse off with clean water. You need to rinse the suds off because the soap doesn't drain on its own and leaves streaks

I used to be roommate with a guy like that, but he's my fucking best friend, just a lazy asshole as well so I just kept my own set of utensils and mantain them for my own sake

It wasn't optimal, and I later moved out to my own flat so it's ok I guess
live and let live dawg

I have a friend whose house is a pigsty. Every time I go there to have a drink or something I just drink from the bottle because his (few) glasses are always dirty. Same with dishes and cutlery. Funny thing is I get sick to my stomach far more often than he does.

This is why I hate using home dish washers.

Yes, that is called a tolerance, and it's why the CDC told parents to stop being pussies and feed their kids peanuts. It pays to be a little unhygienic, but your friend sounds like a degenerate.

>Funny thing is I get sick to my stomach far more often than he does.

I don't wash my hands after a shit, never have, oddly enough I never get sick unless it's self imposed (ate something I knew would upset my stomach, drinking too much booze, etc etc) but I never just get colds or flues or anything like that haven't since I was in middle school

My mom visits. She doesn't seem to see well, despite double lens implants and supposed 20/20 vision again. She merely rinses and puts greasy pots into the drainer side of my double sink. She unloads the dirty dishwasher contents back into the cabinets *boggle* Vision or lack of care anymore, I guess. But, she knows how to do it right. She taught me! She used to put a capful of bleach in rinse water when doing dishes after we'd have guests for dinner.

You say there is no dishwasher where you're staying but is there a proper bottle brush, scrubby sided sponge, dishpan (or double sink), dish drainer to air dry properly, or is stuff just getting the spit shine in a single sink? I know dumb college kids don't understand quick cleanup or soaking makes cleanup easy work to do right.

What kind of brush? I use a sponge but brushes seem way more effective at getting between the tines of a fork.

A brush is going to do things sometimes that a sponge simply cant, like deep in a jar or glass, or around a bolt on a pan handle, or even the drain of your sink, but vice versa too. The surface area of a scouring sponge makes short work of an entire surface, and if flexible can't be beat on your silverware.

I just use something like this

Good to know.

Right, my parents tend to have stuff like this now that I think about it, it made scrubbing plates really easy. I'll go pick one up tomorrow.

I take it a step further and lick my hands clean after taking a shit. Oddly enough I am resistant to HIV and a bunch of other diseases.

This is pleb tier shit.

I shit in my kitchen trashcan, wipe my ass with my hands, and then continue on with my day, leaving shit all over everything I touch.

I am biologically immune to all diseases known to man.

i knew a guy once. weird dude, the house he lived in was messy beyond anything id ever seen. used dishes were piled up in the sink and rinsed (not washed) when it was eating or drinking time. always bought my own shit to drink out of when i went there.
he had a gf, one of several in the time i knew him, and she went and did the dishes while she was there. it was a gargantuan task, i felt bad for her. i stood with her and dried, trying to get an insight into what would drive a seemingly normal chick to 1) date him and 2) clean up after him.

was it money? did he have a big dick?

no. she was looking for a man to fix. thats what she did. found broken dudes, dated them until they showed improvement, then moved on.
like a sexy mary poppins. amazing.

I knew a guy once....bad kid, used to hurt people