This is the Wifi password at a local Chinese restaurant. I'm determined to join their network

This is the Wifi password at a local Chinese restaurant. I'm determined to join their network.

Where are the math wizards at?

-1/12, not trying to be unironic

Do theh give you the value for N? That's called a binomial distribution but there isn't any closed formulas I know

>$7.00 minimum

EVERY FUCKING CHINK PLACE

The answer is... fried noodlozzz lmao got u boi

OP I solved it

Trick is take the limit of the right side. To see where it converges or diverges

>most dishes cost $6.00

>posting weeb picture
YOU PAY EXTRA

It's a trap! It's not even normalized!
The result is depending on N something between 7/16 (for N=2) and 0 (for N->infinity).
The answer might be much simpler though. Did you try the Wifi ssid "P(m>=N/2)="?

The notation might also have been fucked up. Maybe it should read "N over m" instead of "N divided by m". Then it would be normalized and converge towards something close to 0.7475. Still, with N unknown there is no definite result.

>N divided by m
Holy shit the autism

maybe the password is the LaTeX expression to typeset that

You know what would be funny? If you typed that exact equation in without solving it and it worked. That would be level 10 trolling

Does your keyboard have a sigma button?

>he is too unintelligent to type out the expanded form of the sigma

credit card companies charge a processing fee per transaction

it's in the restaurant's best interest to demand cash for small $ orders

that 0.25 looks like a 0.15

Tell them to do their own homework

>what is Wolfram alpha

maybe if you're a retard

P(m>=(N/2))= [I don't know how to express sigma and stuff above/below] (N/m)((0.25)^m)((0.75)^(n-M))

P(m>=N/2) = 0.333333 2.^(-2. N) N (3.^(0.5 N+1.) Φ(0.333333, 1., 0.5 N)-Φ(0.333333, 1., N+1.)) for N>0

How can I get to wolfram alpha without wifi?

How are you shitposting on Veeky Forums without wifi?

math senior undergrad here
The password seems to be solution to a system of linear equations, by inspection. i have class right now, but I'll try posting the solution this afternoon

You best be trolling. A senior undergrad that doesn't recognise the binomial probability mass function? Ask your college for a refund.

2c, if I'd written that, the password would've just been "binomial".

This.

..... or it's an easy way to force you to buy more shit if you aren't carrying cash