What would a religion dedicated to mathematics look like? How would it function?

What would a religion dedicated to mathematics look like? How would it function?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much what the ancient greeks were into. they even killed a guy once because he proposed the existence of irrational numbers.

It would look like a tumblr page about technocracy with lots of symettric mosaics but would soon implode after they realized that mathematicians make no money and they need to switch majors

>What are freemasons
OP, do research first before asking questions

If you can convince a society that math is their god, you would get state funding, patronage, or you would have enough power to make money inconsequential.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology

It would look pretty gay and it would function by exploiting idiots' Dunning Kruger effect by making them think they understand mathematics because of pretty pictures.

sounds like a plan

Materialism?

Dunno OP, but i do know that arabs were early adopters of mathematics and that this was quite aparent when comparing the blueprints and structures of mosques vs churches in the late middle-ages.

You can always register a civil religion with yourself as the Founding Bishop. Call it the Church of Math, Saints you have enough. Get a funny hat and a lawyer. Collect funds.

>What would a religion dedicated to mathematics look like?

Relativity.

>How would it function?

By fucking up our understanding of the universe for a century.

It would obviously be the pinnacle of cizivilization, and to deny this is to live in willing ignorance.

Mathematics is the top field. Every bit of knowledge falls down from us onto you. No one fails to realize this, there simply exist a great amount of people who feel inferior because they cant do math and cannot accept their inferiority. See quoted plebians.

The greatest economists? Mathematicians who pretty much started the field.

Before game theory what did you fags use? Elementary calculus?

Another invention of mathematicians. Before calculus? Fucking algebra right? Mathematicians invented it.

Don't get out of line, there is a huge difference between you and me because I am a Mathematician (and thus a perfect human being). I am also very humble and respect you in your ignorance.

So please respect me back, it's the very least you can do.

Right now I feel like God would feel when sinners go up to him and tell him that their sins weren't too bad.

YOU DO NOT QUESTION GOD

YOU DO NOT QUESTION MATHEMATICIANS

Because we are God

>Pic related:math is the man holding up the world.

Just because you aren't essential or even relevant doesn't mean you dont have a place in this world. Like I said just don't get out of line.

>implying I will not go on a absolute jihad on your non-physical asses

Pitagora did this thing.
He was a philosopher

If you read the history of math, you would be aware that many saw in math God's perfection and thus pursued it.
That or I am having a false memory.

> great
> economists
Pick one

Islam during the Golden Age meme

unironically this

Those types of Muslims are basically non-existent today, but they almost worshiped maths. They literally felt that studying mathematics and astronomy is studying the work of God, and is akin to worship

Heresy. Math is just merely a tool. When you look at some great paintings, you do not think about brush, but rather about it being a masterpice. Math is like a brush. Physics is reality, so it is your true god.

Game theory didnt come about during the advent of 3d. 6500 chipsets barely supported any more functions than addition and subtraction. 65c might of done multiplication and division. Not to mention even during the psx gen floating points couldnt really be calculated accurately by any means.

vortex math :^)

Is that the "Seed of life"?

>Sad kek. Today's muslims have never been so backward, this golden age must have been trully exceptional for a mathematician.

Hayek

Really, you went with the philosopher?

Friedman would've been a much better example.