400 books in backlog

>400 books in backlog
>read at a rate of about one book a month
Anyone want to do the math for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ylwcze.xlsx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

400 months

Thanks. Would have done it myself but I don't have access to a graphing calculator right now

If you learn speedreading, you could read them at a rate of one per hour.

>b-but u have to savor the prose or some stupid shit

Okay. Have fun not completing the Western Canon in your lifetime because you had to "do the voices in your head" like you're being read to by your alcoholic stepfather.

Learn to schedule your shit, set a routine, divide the books by sizes and put them into sets. Don't make a big deal out of it, just keep reading and you'll have done a lot of progress before you notice as your life goes on. Unless you're a NEET, in which case, get to reading bitch.

You can toss out a large portion, most probably. People on /lit keep saying that you have to read absolutely everything but that's because they are effete and impotent pseuds possessing no discernment.

but i don't have an alcoholic stepfather

I'm in a similar situation. I can only read like 40 books a year. Not to mention I'm constantly adding books.

I'm actually pretty particular when adding stuff from Veeky Forums. Most of my backlog is non-fiction books I heard of elsewhere.

Share your list, friend.

What's the easiest way? It's a .xlsx file.

>400
Whew. How about 2200?

Here it is, if you can open those types of files.
my.mixtape.moe/ylwcze.xlsx

Man i cant imagine 12 books a year or 40. Your conception and understanding of literature exponentially increases the more you read. Last year I read 70 books this year im on 85 already. The more you read the more you understand the more you get its insane. I cant imagine how much fuller an experience Bloom would get from 100 books a month compared to how much I get from the same book.

do you eat your food like a dog too

What order will you use for the non-fiction ones?
I'm interested in your political choices, what are you aiming at?

For non-fiction I pretty much just read them in a random order, or whatever piques my interest at the moment.
Not sure what you mean, I wasn't aiming for anything in particular.

I meant to ask if you're reading to fit what you like or to find what you like or..
For example your last book is How To Be A Conservative, is it because you want to be, or you are, or just hate liberals etc
I explained a lot. I'm done

I see what you mean.
I have recently discovered I'm probably some variety of conservative, so I'm currently in the process of exploring that political area. I'm not against reading progressive/liberal books, though.

i cant imagine wanting to read 400 books. There are not even close to that many good ones

well at least you have books to read

savoring food is for fatasses

Yes good good
I suggest Zizek's Violence and Mearsheimer as well for more insight. It's important to note that just because the critic is on point with his criticism , doesn't mean the answers he proposes are right just due to that, but you already know that probably.