Why do they kill all the male baby chicks, Veeky Forums? Why can't they be raised for food...

Why do they kill all the male baby chicks, Veeky Forums? Why can't they be raised for food? It seems like a huge waste of food killing so many male chicks and grinding them into goo.

They are being used for food. Just not the food you eat.

>Why can't they be raised for food?
Wrong breed. Would give too little meat to be price competitive with the meat breeds. And cocks fight each other.

Is this some MRA bullshit?

Grinding up the male chicks is the humane way to dispose of them. It kills them quick and the leftovers are biodegradable mash.
In the US at least, they're all ground up. Overseas often sees them dumped into garbage bags and left in dumpsters to be crushed by their own weight or suffocating in the bags. That is a pretty cruel way to do it.

>And cocks fight each other.
ughh that is so male-centered and misogynistic bullshit; can't we not educate the hatchlings to choose what ever sex and gender their most comfortable with?
we would have alot less confrontations in the henhouse, if we didn't force a certain gender, sex and image on the birds inside!

kys

Perfect comment
Perfect pic
10/10, would like to have posted.

>And cocks fight each other.
>male-centered and misogynistic
10/10

>taking this post first degree
Metastasis in sight, doc.

Maybe they should distribute those tiny chickens to users of Armenian vacuum cleaner collector's forums, seeing how much they love gobbling cock.

roosters taste like shit

not if you remove their two test tickles

why not breed a race that is both delicious and make good eggs?
Why not just raise those males to become the shitty cheap chiken meat to begin with?

>matriarchy

Yeah I doubt grinding up anything is the humane way to kill it

A quick death by turning into a meat-slurry beats the fuck out of a slow death by suffocation, crushing, and starvation if the first two didn't work.

>why not breed a race that is both delicious and make good eggs?
Nigga, have you any idea how far removed from viable animals the current breed of broiler and egg breeds are? They are truly extreme breeds at the very edge of the envelope with opposing sets of features. No, you can not have a breed that does both.
>Why not just raise those males to become the shitty cheap chiken meat to begin with?
Because killing them is cheap and feeding them is expensive. It's cheaper to kill them and give the feed to a chicken breed that will more efficiently convert it to meat.

Personally I think the whole chicken industry is fucked up and in dire need of some animal welfare regulation. I don't care if your tendies would get a few cents dearer. Eat fewer tendies then.

Breeding for tasty meat is particularly hard because the only way to know for sure if the offspring actually has the desired trait you're breeding it for is to kill it and eat it, and then even if it does you can't have it pass those genes on

Cock taint.

you could just not kill it at all

That's not how industry works

anyone got the gif of the chickies being ground up?

but you could though

fertilizer for your organic kale and other meme vegetables

You could also just shut down your business and not breed any more chicks at all, but that would be fucking stupid, wouldn't it?

i don't have a chicken killing business

Go back to clucking /b/ you sick fuck.

the god they worship demand young innocent blood to be spill daily.

thought they got this shit to a science, didn't sexes depend a lot on temperature?

Good, then shut the fuck up?

>waahhh don't grind up the cute animals
>Feeds cat and dog food made from ground up cats and dogs
>puts on beauty products made from deadstock and ground up baby animals

No, you couldn't.
It's not economically feasible to transport, house, and feed billions of creatures when the cost to do so far, far outstrips even the most liberal estimations of the potential income that they can generate. It would be literal suicide to not kill them.

Is that where they get nuggets?

topkek

I wish there was in invention that determined the sex of a chick before it hatched. They wouldn't have to be ground up the moment they were born and people would have more eggs to eat. People would have to want to eat balut though right?

So who is going to take care of them for the 10 odd years they live?

Why not let them roam the streets? They could replace pigeons, would provide free eggs for the homeless, and food for birds of prey

chicken nuggets?

Not a bad idea tb͏h. You'd have to devise a pigeon eradication plan though.

Aww yeah let's let all these little birds die from starvation in cities and rot in alleys. Actually yes, lets do that. Should cull the homeless population a bit. Kill 2 birds with 1 bird.

>would provide free eggs for the homeless

Maybe trains the chickens to kill pigeons

sell them to people

Sounds like a feminist wet dream. Literally crushing the patriarchy.

They should do this with male humans too, good for nothing self centered assholes.
t. Mtf transwoman

>rooster
>provide eggs
Public education.

Male privilege.

they've figured out how to sex them before they hatch so this practice will probably end soon

>It seems like a huge waste of food killing so many male chicks and grinding them into goo
The goo is used. Factory farming is not pretty.

Remember this next time your liberal friend talks about banning hunting.

is nobody going to check these digits

They're bueatiful

B8

Anyone who knows anything about the cuisine in the Philippines knows balut isn't even the most horrifying thing they eat...

you don't say?

What I want to know is why I can't buy day-old chicks at the supermarket. Those fuckers are delicious deep-fried whole.

I'm liberal and I hunt, probably more than you. I never hear any liberals arguing for banning hunting, unless you mean the loonie left fringe equivalent to the alt-right.

Take it you are too poor to have ever been to Hawai'i.

how are you still mad the day after that post

Kek underrated

Here's your (you). Now take it and head to

It isn't a half million per day, much less per day in the USA but it IS millions worldwide annually.

Germany recently figured out how to find their sex before hatching. I didn't read what they did to them but kudos.

Using them for balut or something is better then grinding them up and throwing them away.

lel

Based cucksense

I'm pretty sure they don't get "thrown away".
They're probably used in animal feed.

then breed less chickens

I like this. The American Egg Board says there are about 305 million egg laying hens at any one time, so if they're 50:50 male and female, it makes sense you'd get about 305 million roaming roosters.

That's nearly enough for every American, young and old, to have their own personal rooster for life.

>American Egg Board
oh shit, it's actually real

Usually pet food. Chicken meal is mostly chicks with dicks.

well cloacas

This picture is shooped.

thank you, captain obvious!

>That's nearly enough for every American, young and old, to have their own personal rooster for life.
Maybe you should actually leave your room and go visit an animal shelter if you think that's an even remotely feasible idea.

No nead to be a rudypoo, just because you didn't notice the pixels.

>nead

Why be a pendant?

And do what with it?

No shit.

well, if you want to be a smartass, at least try to not look like an illiterate idiot while doing so

>grrrr
So much anger. Chose love, my freind.

Peice! x