>Japanese 100
>Intro to Philosophy
>English 101H (English lit)

How am I doing at life, /lit?/

you are doing okay

t. cc student

Cross country isn't so bad. ;)

rused you

gotta start somewhere. remember that your freshman year should be the easiest straight A's in your entire life.

Two wastes of time, two good starts to becoming a conscious, feeling human being. I think you know which are which.

Do well and transfer to another school once you're two years in. Try to have a clear idea of what you want to do with your education. I didn't and now I'm fucked. Best of luck, lad.

doing better than me I fell for the stem meme and getting btfo
>Intro to Computer science
>College math
>Calculus 1
>Critical thinking
>Intro to philosophy
computer science and math is kicking my ass.sucks that my professor doesnt' explain shit well at all and everybody else in my class is the stereotype autist whos been programming since they were young.Currently have 5 programs due and I'm still only good at saying print('Hello world'))

Really sucks ass that if I switched to english I'd JUST myself and end up back working at starbucks.

don't be miserable in STEM if it's not what you want, man. I switched to English and I've never been happier. It's crazy going to school and actually getting excited about topics.

do environmental science

its the job security of stem but with less autism

>tfw music school and not even talented or good looking
wew lads

continued from and trust me, I was a programming student just like you in that same room full of kids who have been writing code since they could walk. that alone should tell you the types of people you'll be competing with for a job. you'll never match up.

explain to this Britfag what the difference between community college and college is. We just have Unis, some good some not so.

yeah thx I might end up just dropping it.
gonna look into this now!

Community college is college
Most people say college and mean university

The major difference is the type of degree offered. As mentioned, community colleges offer a two-year associate degree whereas a university typically offers degrees at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.

OHHHHH.

> two year degree
> We call them A Levels.
> I finally understand

most community/county colleges only offer up to an associates degree, no BA's/ BS's

>24
>living in my car
>second wife left me
>highly schizophrenic
>severe alcoholic
>wrote a novel and burned it

I'm ready to die, Veeky Forums

Why are you taking Japanese

Is it anime, user

perfect life for a writer. you're ready.

>university general

Who's this smug fucker taking continental philosophy at UofTears, I'm gonna get you
This is going to bother me forever

>English 101H

How did you not test out of this?

What actually happened

>28
>living with his parents but sits in car all day because parents don't trust him alone at the house...
>...because the last two times he was left alone he was nearly beat to death by to men who were married to women who were harassed by user
>self-diagnosed medical disorders
>drank half a beer once before crying
>fanfic

One of my parents died last year in the line of duty. My other parent has multiple sclerosis and is essentially an invalid.

Thanx, WT Snacks.

How'd you get your advisor to let you avoid speech and at least one of your math or science requirements?

I know, that's what a college is in Bongland
Hence them using Uni for what Americans call college

The autism...

I'm so jealous OP. You're probably studying what you like, while I basically let others decide for me (not literally, but I was heavily influenced by social pressure), and that made my life miserable.
I'm seriously thinking about dropping out and starting again from scratch, maybe with Japanese or something else I like.

some transfer programs require you to take it anyway and some states don't allow testing out for english

>critical thinking
I'm trying to imagine what such a course could be. Is it philosophy of science? Analytical writing? Formal logic? Statistics? Education? I never heard of a critical thinking course in college, instead every course had "teach critical thinking" as part of the course objectives.

Manuscripts don't burn. Write that shit again, user.

If you're at or over halfway what you're currently studying, continue doing it.

If you aren't, and you're truly miserable studying what you are, then drop it. Chances are, if you'r e doing it for employment purposes, you'll hate any related job you'll get too (but not necessarily). Unless of course the job pays well and allows you lots of time off which would be sweet.

I thought most universities would have critical thinking.

It's usually under the philosophy faculty, a first year course or elective for students from other disciplines which involves rhetoric, inductive arguments and the very basics of formal logic.

It was one of the best and most useful classes I took in my first year.