drank beer for breakfast and continually throughout the day

> drank beer for breakfast and continually throughout the day
> considered by many to be the greatest in any language

>implying shakespeare isn't multiple persons

He drank beer because you'd fucking die if you drank the water. Basically what most people did who could afford it.

Therefore, if you drinking beer for breakfast and thereafter then you'll be considered the greatest in any language.

knowing english beer and being marginally educated on medieval brews it was probably yeasty disenfectant water

that said got a good source on that, exactly how much did he drink

wtf i love beer now

I would try to get drunk too if I had to eat english food everyday.

wtf I hate shakespeare now

Alcohol is antiseptic; when you read about people from earlier periods drinking a lot of beer, they're typically drinking what's called "small beer." Small beer has a lower alcohol percentage, 1-2%, just enough to provide a much safer drinking source.

The Russians have a similar drink called kvass.

beer is most Veeky Forums intoxicant?

That's only half true. Many people did indeed drink "strong" (~5%) beer for breakfast. Witness Franklin's Autobiography, where he writes about workers in London showing up for work tipsy every day etc.

And of course then as now there were people so habituated to drinking beer that they were not getting drunk, even drinking a lot. Though I'm sure they were duller.

bill was a microbrewery type guy

I don't want to be shitty but that's not actually true, it's an urban legend. Water was fine. Beer in that era was equivalent to kvass today, very low ABV and people drank it like Southerners drink sweet tea.

>couldn't sign his own name
>people still believe he wrote all those plays

lrn2edwarddevere, dumbass

OMG haha!
will shakspeare ever recover??

>dat counterargument
will i ever recover??

> considered by many to be the greatest in any language

those "considerations" come from the people of his motherland and other Anglo-centric countries.

IMO he ight

Spotted the statistics major

>a statistician wouldn't throw away shakespeare as an outlier
spotted the person who's never taken statistics

Who cares? I drink whiskey and down some poetry when I'm getting wasted

Exactly. Morning beer may actually help writing or it may not; there are too many variables (talent, living area, time, diet, etc.) for any correlation to be established with scientific rigor. This is one of the biggest problems with humanities today: pretending to be sciences ulby using statistics.

TLDR: you're probably right, statistics is still bullshit.

he just co-wrote with thomas middleton

Shakespeare was an African-American Transwoman.

>Morning beer may actually help writing or it may not; there are too many variables (talent, living area, time, diet, etc.) for any correlation to be established with scientific rigor.
what the fuck am I reading
correlations are observed not established
you probabbly don't know the difference between correlation and causation

Someone has been linking /mu/ threads here.

>

It's half true. You wouldn't die from water -- people had fountains for drinking -- it was just pretty shit.

He also smoked weed. Based shakes.

Source: Guardian.com