All this snow has me thinking about dank chilli. What's your favorite recipe Veeky Forums?

All this snow has me thinking about dank chilli. What's your favorite recipe Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0
youtube.com/watch?v=F2O4GuNHwEg
youtu.be/eRU1W8JZOqE
blogs.msmvps.com/lduncan/2004/10/26/my-soon-to-be-world-famous-3-meat-3-bean-guinness-chili-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Scott Tenorman's parents

I like a mix of ground beef for thickness and lean stew beef for texture. You could swap out the ground beef for spicy pork sausage, venison, or bison if you want to get a little more exotic.

Plus I like plenty of vegetables, so diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, kidney beans, corn, and garlic are all mandatory. For heat, you need jalapenos at a minimum, and I like some habaneros as well.

For serving, you need grated pepperjack, , diced red onion, and tortilla chips. Cincinnati chili is a fucking abomination and should be avoided at all costs.

youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0

it didn't get the ribbon but it also didn't politic and ass kiss to try and win... It entered and lost honestly, food for thought and the soul

Check this out:

1 lb ground beef
1 lb sirloin, seared and diced
1 white onion, diced
4 jalepenos, diced
8 serrano peppers
2 bell peppers, whichever color but yellow sucks
Diced chipotles in adobo
2 qts Beef stock
Red lentils
Pinto beans
Cumin, fresh garlic, paprika, basil, lime
Lager
2 oz of whiskey

Prepare as deemed fit, cook on low for 5 hours. Make sure you Prepare the beans right, rookie mistake

Sounds good, senpai. Chipotle in adobo is an absolute must. Nice recipe.

I've used chipotle in abobo, but I'm not a fan of how overpowering the smokiness is.

I've made this before and it came out perfect.
youtube.com/watch?v=F2O4GuNHwEg

I could see how some might not like it. I'm a big fan of smoke flavor, though. I use my smoker even through the winter, so I'm kind of a fanatic.

I made chili yesterday using this vertical. I added some different seasoning, (old bay, Cajun blackened seasoning) and made it in a crock pot.
Turned out really well; I would send a picture but I can't figure out how to lower the camera file size.

>I made chili yesterday using this vertical.
You should be banned.

You know that recipe is meant to feed your pets, right?
You're not actually supposed to eat it?

youtu.be/eRU1W8JZOqE

Made a quick pot with what I had on hand
Ground turkey
Mystery hot dog
Beans
Tomatoes
Corn
Ketchup
Spices
Honey

>WE DO IT LIVE
>I KEEPS IT CLASSY
>LIKE A BOSS

every fucking time

hmm

I love chipotle in general and on almost anything, but I'm with you on the overpowering issue. Dried Ancho gives a better over all balance.

I know what this recipe is going for - the kind of canned beans, mince beef white person not-even-tex-mex chili. Spose it is edible.

I'd rather the following
1. Lots of dried ancho
2. Other dried chili - depending on options
3. Big ass chunk of low grade gravy beef
4. Some garlic and onions.

Maybe tomato? But yeah, much more to my liking.

You are fucked in the head

A good chili starts with tomato sauce, beans and corn

>wearing your watch like that

My favorite chili is just literally fucking everything

>ground beef, onion, tomato, green pepper, jalapeno, mushroom, finely chopped carrot, celery, corn, mixed beans, red lentil, parsley

Also cumin and bay leaf and smoked paprika in the chili powder

I've been using this guy's recipe for years. I double the guiness
blogs.msmvps.com/lduncan/2004/10/26/my-soon-to-be-world-famous-3-meat-3-bean-guinness-chili-recipe/

Never make chili with ground beef.

2-3 years ago I made chili the first time with meat I cut myself, no chili powder, etc. and will never look back. I used the Serious Eats chili recipe as well as some "authentic Texas chili recipes" as a general guide for making the chili paste (without the anchovies, marmite, and absurd ingredient in the SE recipe).

It's so much better than the ground beef/chili powder slop I grew up with and used to make. It's nice to spend a Sunday making it and simmering it for 6+ hours.

>Implying you're not a Wegman's shill

Just fuck right off already, I have to trip and navigate around these stupid fucking chilli displays that came out of fucking nowhere and are planted right in the middle of the fucking isle because one of your fag marketting groups was like "HMM ME AM LIKE SPICY IN DE COLD NIGGA" and forced every fucking store to shoehorn this shit in there

Not content to just ruin my shopping now you have to fuck up my image boards like IM NOT GOING TO FUCKING FIGURE IT OUT AND PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER

FUCK OFF

Usually this time of year, the Chili stuff is out because of the Super Bowl. A lot of people do Chili Cook-offs to coincide with their Super Bowl parties. At least here in the Midwest.

>My favorite chili is just literally fucking everything
That's what chilli is supposed to be.
Bad cuts of meat and everything you have in your cupboard.