OH MY GOD Did you know that, although there's octopus inside takoyaki, taiyaki has no sea bream in it?!

OH MY GOD Did you know that, although there's octopus inside takoyaki, taiyaki has no sea bream in it?!

That's common sense.

So fucking what?
/Thread

WHAT?!

You've tried taiyaki already?

Subtle Karen thread

I really want to eat takoyaki, despite the fact that I don't like octopus

I blame all the Japanese media I've been consuming

DESS~~~

its nice

what's it taste like?

seconding this

I've always wanted to try it from watching animes

like a ball of fried dough, with some octopus inside

is it more octopus than dough or the other way around?

about equal

You could just eat okonomiyaki instead, it has basically all the same ingredients but with cabbage instead of octopus (and it's different shape but that doesn't really matter)

Okonomiyaki has whatever the fuck you want in it, but its usually pork or squid, but a lot menus have octopus as an option

not the fastest i've seen but he's pretty gud
like most Japanese food pretty bland with a focus on the texture. you mostly just taste the sauce and mayo, the octopus chunk doesnt really do much either except be a good way to get rid of leftover octopus without really having to taste it.

traditional takoyaki aside though, a lot of takoyaki places in large will have a few variants and when people have a "takoyaki party" at their house all hell breaks loose.

>curry chicken cheese-yaki
>bacon egg-yaki
just dont put tomatoes in them or you'll melt your face off.

For the record takoyaki machines are about $10 in Japan, so it's worth ordering one online.

This. Okonomiyaki is just Japanese version of Bubble n Squeak. Okonomi means "anything you like" and yaki means fried.

oh and used to sometimes put hot sauce inside them and dip it in cheese fondue when drunk

Had okonomiyaki for the first time. Outstanding. Wish I was drunk because i know it would have ascended to elder god tier. Also oddly healthy despite its look. I figured it would be 2k+ but it ended up being sub 600

Yea that calorie counter is off. The mayo and sauce are a good number of calories alone

>Not having a massive mug of Kirin whilst eating your Okonomiyaki

Almost every meal I had in Japan had a big frosty beer beside it.