Books that are red flags

That feel when I saw a woman in her 40s, sitting next to her husband on the plane reading this. Poor lad seemed oblivious.

She's probably a woman that tastes like cigarettes and sarcasm

every male 'bohemian' probably tastes like cigarettes and sarcasm

>bukowski
>tumblr filename

Kys asap please and thank you

that stack!

bukowski isn't bad. just got co-opted by idiots. still overrated

>bukowski isn't bad

He isn't. The user you replied to is pretty spot on.

Also, Richard Yates is fantastic.

>bukowski isn't bad.
Nice community college-tier tastes

fun fact: Larry David dated Richard Yates's daughter. The early Seinfeld episode in which George and Jerry meet Elaine's father and are scared of him is based on his experience with Yates.

Nice insufferable cunt-tier insult.

What is that book about?

A failed marriage.

reminder that women love sex from several men

it feels good to know that I'm better than you

And men love sex from several women. Sounds like it really doesn't matter, or is this another double standard?
In any case,

Anything by Robert Greene

Bukowski girls are actually really great, they get impressed by poetry reading and they're easy to turn on to other stuff. I started her on ballard, selby, and miller and now I got her reading beckett and lispector.

I got this book at a library for free. Never read it. Not even a word. Gave it away. I don't like storing books I never read, they're meant to be there as trophies.

Youre supposed to return it to the library after you've taken it out dumbass

men love to protect and take care of women and give them pleasures, they live for this, they live to serve

women love to be taken care of and have men try to fulfill their desire, women live to be served

+> everybody is happy

This is now a rare Bukowski thread. Go!

He was an ugly motherfucker.

>Tfw so am I

it was free because I worked there as a librarian genius, they gave it to me

>vocabulary of a high school drop out
>not a single subordinate clause to be found
>no character arcs
>no round characters, with the possible exception of the narrator
>clearly written for a paycheck not literary value
>character does the same thing scene after scene, book after book
>edgy for the sake of edginess
>>>>>>>bukowski isn't bad

>Be poor and have crippling alcoholism
>Write admittedly mediocre poems and short stories about it
>Decades later people shit talk you for not using subordinate clauses

Eat a bag of shit cunt-face

Bukowski fans, everyone.

Sh-shut up you losers, the pol and r9k stereotypes are wr-wrong...

He alluded to your inconsideration of B.'s struggle. If he wrote under these sircumstances, isn't he a hero?

Why the fuck did men ever give women rights?

aw, i was hoping this was a richard yates thread

My private and probably inaccurate theory for why the rally was 80% women was that women know on some level that they will always be able to marry into the new group, even if all their menfolk are slaughtered. It's happened a million times in history and pre-history.

For example when all the white people in Haiti were massacred, white women were spared if they agreed to become the "wives" of the black Haitians. However some user here said that evolutionary psychology or whatever it's called is wrong. Maybe there's a better explanation.

Completely subjective ranking of Yates books:

1) Eleven Kinds of Loneliness
2) The Easter Parade
3) Liars in Love
4) A Good School
5) A Special Providence
6) Disturbing the Peace
7) Cold Spring Harbor
8) Revolutionary Road
9) Young Hearts Crying

I'm just not as big on the three 'difficult marriage' books as his other works, hence their placement at the bottom.

from what i've read, i would rank them as

1. eleven kinds of loneliness
2. the easter parade
3. revolutionary road
4. cold spring harbour
5. liars in love
6. disturbing the peace

i enjoy difficult marriages.

one thing i have noticed is how much the same sorts of characters and situations turn up, which makes sense given how autobiographical it all is. but i'm not sure how many more iterations of his mother i want to read, and it also means that the more i read, the less impact they seem to be having.

i guess it's a bit like the director ozu, who just keeps shuffling the same few domestic strifes around because it's what he knows best and really wants to dig into.

>books that are red flags

kys

Pls explain this thread, why is Richard Yates's books red flags? Who is Bukowski?

I've never read anglo lit

Women are hedonists and their enemy is boredom, effort, risk, danger.
Fortunately, men are desperate enough to feel relevant, dutiful, respected, valued so they are pushy enough to try to be noticed by women (because they fail to be relevant beyond women). and sooner or later, they cracks the bf-shield

Women know that chads and other robots are willing to help them, to have an easy life. The natural problem of women is that they get bored sooner or later with whoever choose to try to entertain them.
So women change their partners to avoid the rut and to create drama. men do not like to be changed, since they loved to be relevant for once in their life, they whine and hate women when women find other providers.
Of course, changing partners constantly becomes a bore too, so they want some fixed men in their life to give them emotional and material support, Rarely sex because women know that, no matter how good the lover is, it gets boring sooner or later.
When they are replaced, men become resentful towards women, since they lose the validation of their existence. They pretend that they can live without women and that they even are better than women, smarter, stronger (in forgetting that women do not need to be so, because men want to be so in place of women)

Knowing that they are not able to stop loving to be supported by men, Women love also to think that they need no man and that they live to help others >muh compassion. This is part of the tactic to enhance their pleasures: women think that they are good people in society, only to feel even more raw, more animal, more of a little minx, typically in private, when they are fucked properly by some beta ready to serve them sexually.