I just bought 10 pounds of habeneroes, whose ready a cook along for some fermented hot sauce?

I just bought 10 pounds of habeneroes, whose ready a cook along for some fermented hot sauce?

First order of business? Get some beer. Note, these are all pics from last night, hand my hands are still burning because I didn't wear gloves. So if you follown suit, wear fucking gloves

Poured

Then just start fucking cutting. I use a cheese cloth bag inside my fermentation container so I can more easily keep everything submerged

First batch container im doing straight habeneroes

Found this little fella in the box.

Side note, I'll be using lacto fermentation to finish it

why not this or a blender?

I'm getting there, but fuck you guys. Does anyone even care?

Don't be needy, just keep posting pictures

My levels of envy are off the charts at the moment.

Don't have one up here with me and if it gets too finely cut up it'll leak through the cheese cloth. And I do do something like that later on

Did you jerk off last night OP?

First one full!
But I'm a needy person :(
Just go to a small grocer. It cost me 39.50 for all this. Another 10 for the containers to ferment it all on the cheap end

Tie it up
I'm too scared to piss let alone masturbate for the next few days. I've been sitting down :(

8442820 here, sadly I'm surrounded by like 3 grocery store chains so there are no small grocers near my abode.

Measure your salt! I do 5% brine per gallon. So 7oz. Not sure how accurate my calculations are but it has worked for me
That's too bad. You might still be able to order through them, or a restaurant or a bar you're friendly with especially if they like hotsauce

I shake up my salt in one of these to more easily dissolve it.

Just to follow chronology, I took a food break about now. I also went out and saw a movie mid-hotsaucing but I won't include that. These are buns stuffed with cabbage, potatoes jalapeños, and other random shit

I am going to do something that you, most Veeky Forums users, and probably all the people underneath you at your job would probably never do. I am going to share an opinion with you. Not just any opinion. My sincere, truthful and 100% honest opinion. It may be a new concept for OP as well as most who may read this reply, so just stick with me and trust it's worth the read.

You're making a fermented hot sauce today but obviously you cannot ferment the blended peppers in the amount of time a Veeky Forums thread averages life. We now all have to trust that in the coming weeks, "your" follow up post will actually be posted by you, and not some secret Veeky Forums baitposter who will eventually turn the thread into a trump debate or mcchicken competition. Really though, that is not what i am here to draw attention to. We're all aware of that, despite your ignorance in thinking we want to see some dip shit cut then blend a box of peppers.

What I am really here to say is that I see what you have there. A wax-lined cardboard box full of peppers that arent really the best flavored, but do have a higher heat ranking on the Scoville scale. I'm not interested in what you do with them. You could cram them into your dickhole or turn them into a McChicken for all I care. My honest to god opinion about your stupid fucking pepper juice is that I would feed to dog.

And a beer, a nice local IPA i picked up before driving back to gradschool. Actually having another right now

Guess what: I'm a woman

I've been using Veeky Forums for 8 years now. I'm an MIS and Marketing major, top of my class. I have an IQ of 146. I'm only a sophomore and have had 7 internships. I'm a member of the MENSA society. I voted for Trump. I'm not a feminist, however, I'm probably more intelligent than most of you in this thread.

Wether you like it or not, females are comperable. I'm not here to steal your money. I'll probably make more than you. I'm not going to make you a sandwhich, I'll have my personal chef do it. The ironic thing is my father married for looks and I'm actually attractive as well. Cocky? Yes. Ashamed? No.

I won't show you my tits, I'll be your CEO one day

>forgot the pic
>implying I'll allow criticism on my blog
That's a fine opinion. If they had more than jalepenoe and these i would have gone with it. Maybe in the spring

>weeks
user, 3 days is enough to have fermentation going. If OP did weeks, they would probably be full-on rotten.

Eat one of them whole.
Rate your experience.

Add the salt brine
>all these new shit posts
Jesus has ck gone downhill in like the two weeks I was gone?

Add a weight, first jar done.
Fermentation has already started, but it will take weeks. But the salt brine deters bacteria that cause rot
I did last night. I'm not the biggest "lol hot food" guy. So I sat in a chair silently trying to control the pain. I was good to continue other shit after like 5 mins

Next jar. Smaller but with cinnamon this time. Thought I'd do something new

Fill it up like last time

Different jar, so I keep it submerged differently. Just jam a cork between the lid and the cheese cloth, then lightly seal the jar so air can still escape

Second jar down

Cinnamon not to crazy. But spruce!? Not sure how this will turn out. Hopefully just a slightly campfirey flavor like my spruce beer has

Next we got some garlic hotsauce. Standard but always a crowd pleaser

trying to spruce up the flavor?

Ah... le fermented hot sauce meme.

Next my pics get more spotty. But I did take a break to make some sour dough pizza
>I will likely use this pun when I get people to try it

Getting closer! So at this point the garlic stuff is finished, starting another gallon container but I'm pureeing them this time to make it faster
I think I started this "le-meme" on ck. Made a few threads around may and march

Kinda forgot to take pics for a bit but by this point I had pureed them with salt brine, them started adding more and a bunch of black peppercorn. I've done black peppercorn hotsauce before and people love it. This'll probably be Christmas presents next year

Almost there! It was around 11 pm at thus point

In the jar it went

I'll likely have to shake the pureed stuff at least once daily to stop any mold growth for the first week or two

Does anyone have any questions? I have what will end up close to 3 gallons

Here's a pic of some of my finished products

Ohhh man I can taste those from here. I just used the last of mine in a chili. Make sure to pickle the fuck out of those but SAVE SOME FRESH ONES for cooking with. You can discard the seed factory in the center and just use the outer flesh so you don't get much heat but all of the flavor. So damn tasty when you add it to meats and soups.

What's that sprig in that one jar?

Honestly no idea. Just grabbed some branches in the wood. Wanted to see if I could harvest some yeast off them to make some soda/beer out of. Shoved an extra branch in there

How do you get the culture started?

I usually just touch my genitals (which are covered in lacto-fermeting bacteria) without washing my hands to help kick start it. It seems to get things started faster than other methods

How do you keep them from falling??

looks like a mimosa branch

you're crazy, it's going to taste like a fucking stick

So does wine :¤)

Pretty much that. Stir them a bit with my dick, spit in them, etc.