It's come to my attention that people in Texas hate anything that tastes sweet, especially ketchup...

It's come to my attention that people in Texas hate anything that tastes sweet, especially ketchup....so much so that their own places such as Whataburger don't feature ketchup by default, something most burger places do, and according to my friend they don't like cheese either

So, it's got me thinking about burger preferences....how do you like a burger? For me, one thing I can't stand is a cold bun....a hamburger bun has to be kind of toasty or something, even steamed, to be fully enjoyable....as for condiments I'm down for almost anything, sometimes ketchup and mustard, sometimes BBQ sauce, sometimes just mustard, but regardless I always put a thin layer of mayo on the bottom bun and a piece of lettuce

Now, as for veggies I can have pickle and tomato and stuff if I feel like it but the one thing I always want is onion, raw or cooked, personally I find it's best to cook the burger itself along with some onions so the whole thing tastes of onion, and then top the burger with the cooked onions....

As for cheese, I enjoy it but I don't agree with those who say American cheese goes best with a burger simply because it melts the easiest, I'd much prefer swiss, pepper jack, or mild cheddar.....

Now as for the burger itself, I don't enjoy a burger that's been cooked to shit, I like it to be slightly pinkish and tender, obviously not raw but if it's tough and grey I won't enjoy it too much

Texas has about an 11.5% adult diabetes rate, putting it ahead of about 37 states. Yeah, it's not in the top 10 but there is no factual basis on which to claim that Texans don't love their sweets.

>Texas doesn't like sweet things
>A restaurant known for its ketchup doesn't feature ketchup

Nigga wut?

I'm in tears!!

i live in texas and you have got to be TROLLING!!

Well my friend said Texans dont eat sweet shit especially not ketchup

I don't like mayonnaise on my burgers or sandwiches.

I'm the only person I know who has this specific preference and everyone is bewildered by it. At least I can find people to agree with me on disliking pickles, but apparently mayo is going too far.

From my experience yellow mustard is the standard condiment for burgers in Texas, usually coupled with mayo. Ketchup is almost always offered but it is kind of rare to see a Texas burger come with ketchup by default.

You got no personal chef because this is one stale pasta you just cooked

tl;dr but this is hands down the best ketchup on earth

isnt that burger from louis lunch in New Haven?

I live in CT and I see that pic all the time.

isn't texas bbq a big thing? I mean bbq sauce is very sweet.

I always make or ask for shoestring fried onions when I get a burger, there's nothing better. Hell I could go without the burger and just eat a handful of these like curly fries

What kind of poverty burger is this? Fucking disgusting

I dont like ketchup myself but the refusal of sweetness is a sign of alcoholism, if they just hate sweetness i would conclude they are alcoholics . probably consume too much sugar from their malt liquor binges or whatever, anyway they are defective.

>bbq sauce
What the fuck are you talking about BBQ sauce have you ever had real BBQ?

Ever heard of a dry rub? BBQ sauce is for faggots with shitty meat.

>Texas
>Alcoholic

We have plenty of alcoholics, but compared to other states we are probably pretty low since our blue laws make being an alcoholic an Olympic level sport.

I've had both. Why do you assume such stupid things because I bring up bbq sauce?

>people in Texas hate anything that tastes sweet
Yeah every Texan hates all sweets. We despise them
>they don't like cheese either
You are seriously misinformed my friend. And also a complete dumbass for believing and repeating this nonsense

Alex i'll put 500 on sweet tea.

>louis lunch in New Haven

CTfag here, can confirm. I'm also not afraid to say that I think LL lives up to the hype. The blend of beef they use is so good that it would be a crime to cover it up with a bunch of toppings. Just the tomato and onion is, honestly, enough.

>Undercooked burger with white bread instead of buns

>Undercooked

So you're a baby who can only handle well-done burgers? Go back to your crib.

Putting BBQ sauce on good brisket is broderline sacrilege.

To the broader point Texans like sweet drinks. but beef is sacred to them, so they generally don't put sweet sauces on it.

Isn't this completely raw in the middle?

No.

Lol wut

weirdos