Veeky Forums is almond milk a meme food or is it actually better for you than cow's milk and soy milk?

Veeky Forums is almond milk a meme food or is it actually better for you than cow's milk and soy milk?

Other urls found in this thread:

environment.ucla.edu/perch/resources/images/cow-vs-almond-milk-1.pdf
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.29608/abstract
nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/
livestrong.com/article/500398-which-types-of-milk-have-the-most-igf-1/
jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(16)30131-1/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836431/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

eat whatever you want. i don't give a shit

welp I guess we can close Veeky Forums down now

almost no calories
its like drinking water but with the texture of milk

yes drink almond milk

cows milk hurts you in the long run

Most of the almonds for it are grown in large groves in california.
Almond trees need like 40-50 gallons of water a day, each.
california. The place famous worldwide for hollywood pedos, wildfires, earthquakes, and DROUGHT.
Drink real milk, don't let california continue to ruin the world.

people are having their pussies gush the red semen stuff up my terminator skyscraper.

It's tasty in baking and adds a nice flavor to ice cream, but it's dreadful for the environment.

>but it's dreadful for the environment

Cows aren't?

>Veeky Forums is nut juice a meme food or is it actually better for you than cow's milk and bean juice?

repaired that for you

Amigdalyte is a food staple that goes back millenia largely due to its excellent shelf life and I find it to be the best tasting of the various milk alternatives.

#1 they only use like 1 or 2 almonds in a half gallon of almond milk. If you look at the ingredients, "Almond milk" is always listed as the first ingredient in almond milk, because lobbyists paid congresspeople around $15 million to make the FDA declare that "almond milk" is an ingredient in itself, otherwise they'd have had to list almond milk as having water, a bunch of colorings and flavorings, and then at the end almonds.

#2 drinking almond milk helps hasten the demise of California for the very reason you mention. Us Midwesterners *want* them to piss away all their water growing almonds, digging deeper and deeper wells, until all available aquifers are empty, bringing about the collapse of civil society in CA.

Except dairy cows require as much as 144 gallons of water. Almonds aren't the problem, livestock is.

Today I learned that California sacrifices drinking water for its dairy farms and that Wisconsin, Vermont, and The Netherlands are all suffering from terrible draught

Thanks mister shill, I'm smarterer now

Only if the almonds are activated.

>bringing about the collapse of civil society in CA.
You're about 50 years late for that one, bud.

They're fucking completely dissolved how much more activated could they possibly get?

Soy milk and cow milk at least have protein, almond milk is just flavored water.

environment.ucla.edu/perch/resources/images/cow-vs-almond-milk-1.pdf
>One liter of cow milk uses 77 gallons of water and emits 1.67 kg CO2e. Almond
milk uses 1,534.62 more gallons of water per liter than cow milk, but it emits 1.31 kg CO2e per
liter less than cow milk.

>Based on our research, cow milk generates nearly 10 times more greenhouse gases per
liter than almond milk does. However, almond milk production uses approximately 17 times
more water than cow milk production does per liter. This study concludes that these two products present a tradeoff where consumers must decide which environmental impact is more important: water usage or climate change.

As far as nutrition goes, compared to cow's skim milk, almond milk has:
>Nearly 1/3 the calories
>No added sugar
>No cholesterol
> A small amount of fiber
>More Vitamins E, A, Iron, Calcium, and several other minerals
This delta gets larger in terms of fat (especially saturated) and calorie profile as you start comparing against higher % cow milk up to whole milk.

Also there is evidence that the natural growth hormones in dairy products act like Estrogen in humans which aggravates acne and elevates a protein called Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) which has been linked with some cancers (most prominenetly prostate):
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.29608/abstract
nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/
livestrong.com/article/500398-which-types-of-milk-have-the-most-igf-1/

jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(16)30131-1/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836431/

>No added sugar
Cow's milk doesn't have any added sugar either.

long story short. Nut milk is better for you, cow milk is better for the environment than nut milk.

But cow milk supports the dairy industry, which you shouldn't. And cow milk is not good for you. It's not even a decent fucking source of calcium which is it's marketing pitch.

Sorry, I forget the distinction between added and inherent sugar sometimes.

Yea and Africa exists don't forget. The world isn't a team

Get with the times grandpa, Use the superior oat "milk" instead

Thanks for the research and easily read greentext facts guys.

But just to triple-check, almond milk definitely has ZERO xenoestrogens right? No hidden Monsanto ingredients?

Have you tried it? Is the taste any good?

>Almond milk has next to no proteins
Well you can go ahead and poor that shit down the sink

It tastes like oats, so its terrible.

i don't know if it's "better for me" but it tastes like ass.
soy is okay but goes bad faster / develops a weird consistency after a while

for it, it is 2%. the best milk.

i fucked up the meme
it's late and i'm drunk

sorry

I like coconut milk. But I never drink milk straight or eat cereal, I just add it to my tea/cooking. I like adding it to my eggs for scrambled eggs, makes it so creamy and delicious. Also great for coconut curry.

you ever seen any milk come out on an almond? it's bullshit

The problem is people drinking milk

calcium inhibits protein absorption in people.

how do you milk an almond? Or do you milk the whole almond plant?

>Fellow Flyoverfag has this much of a persecution complex

This is the real reason why we haven't been able to make the Midwest not shit.

>cows milk hurts you in the long run

>Have you tried it? Is the taste any good?

The fuck dog? you think I shill shit I haven't personally tried? It tastes good man, Although I've only every tried the Pacific brand oat milk. They have both a Vanilla and original flavor both are delicious. Both are also free of carrageenan (if you care about that sorta shit) unlike some soy milks

I've tried making my own and kinda failed since I didn't have a fine enough strainer so it was very lumpy.. Tasted nice though, but i'd recommend getting some cheesecloth to make it more fluid-like

It should be illegal to call dyed water with two spoonful of nut powder "milk". Only a total moron buys this overpriced garbage.

They're both enjoyable. The only reason for anybody to be worried about cow's milk is if you're doing something inane like GOMAD where you're drinking most of your daily calories of it.

That being said, I don't think nutmilks are a substitute for actual milk, culinary-wise. They're more like juice.

you have to activate it first

Tbh, make your own. The shit you buy in stores:

a) fucking expensive
b) extremely watered down
c) all of the above

Just soak almonds, blend, then strain.

so almonds don't have mammaries to produce the milk?

Almond milk is a handful of almonds ground up and added to a gallon of water, with a shit ton of sugar and chemicals added to it. It's a joke.

Can I use it in place of cow milk for overnight oats?

>Veeky Forums is almond milk a meme food or is it actually better for you than cow's milk and soy milk?
Some people are simply lactose intolerant. They were born that way. They're jealous of you though and your ability to enjoy dairy, and go on and on about the things they do drink to try to make you feel bad. The companies? They're just looking out for their interests. Marketing takes many forms, as does greed.
I actually don't think it's good to gorge on plant milks. It's the equivalent of chugging some vegetable oil. Whatever nutrition is there isn't supposed to be a big part of your diet when it took that much to turn it into a 8oz glass.

Low key powder milk is the best milk their is

I love almond milk! I can eat my morning cereal again and not shit my pants in the afternoon!

The stuff I have tried tasted great, but that's probably because it was sweetened and flavored like crazy. I see no real reason to drink a non-dairy milk unless you are a mudskin and don't have the genes to help you digest lactose.

Almond milk producer here. It is a very satisfying lifestyle to get up a 4:30am every morning to milk the almonds. Just knowing that I am nourishing fellow human beans is well worth any discomfort I receive. Just so you know, we treat the almonds ethically so they produce more milk. Usually they respond best to classical music, but if they are feeling frisky I may switch to swing music.

>Almond trees need like 40-50 gallons of water a day, each.
And that water goes right back into the air, where it will condense into clouds, fall on the Sierras and filter right back down to those trees. Water is not a finite resource.
>california. The place famous worldwide for hollywood pedos, wildfires, earthquakes, and DROUGHT.
Don't punish farmers for the culture of city people.
>Drink real milk, don't let california continue to ruin the world.
California definitely needs to change, but punishing honest farmers isn't the right way to do it.

Do none of you fucking retards just drink whole milk? What's this skim and 2% shit?

Mom please stop you're embarrassing me.

>Do none of you fucking retards just drink whole milk? What's this skim and 2% shit?
I drink whole milk. It's best in my coffee, my recipes, and the milkfat satiety is preferred to the higher carb and glycemic index of skimmed milk. I get that it's more calories. I think they both taste fine for drinking, really. I used to like 1.5% as ideal, but freshness is paramount to whatever amount of fat is in there as far as flavor goes.

>almond milk
>meme FOOD

It's a liquid drink, FAGGOT.

And yes, it is very good for you.

>All of this anti-cow milk faggotry
Did I stumble into Facebook? Fuck off, hippies.

I don't know (or care) whether it's any good/better, I just came here to say, unironically, that I tried it, I WANTED to like it, but it tastes of bad jizz.

Like, really, really bad, gross, haven't shot a load in days, stale cum. It's just gag-inducing meme shit.

Then again I'm not that fond of almonds or marzipan in general so there's that. Oat milk is nice(r) though.

MOO
COW
FUCK
MILK

>overpriced
>cheaper than bottled water

I don't know about it being better for you but I actually prefer it on cereal

The slightly sweet nutty taste goes so well with pretty much any cereal on the market, from Cheerios to Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I have a half gallon in my fridge just for cereals and a half gallon of regular whole milk for shakes/just drinking

If your jizz is going stale, there's something heavily wrong with you bro

more calcium and vitamin D and E than cows milk. i get it unsweetened and add my own artificial sugar to keep calories low

i don't care about the environment. he was asking about health

Only time I use almond milk is when I make oatmeal in the morning. Vanilla almond milk makes the oats taste better and gives it a better texture. Other then using it with my oatmeal, I don't drink or use almond for anything else. I dont like the taste of when drinking it.

wrong. The one I buy has 60 calories per 8 oz. Which is less than half that of 2% lactose free milk but not "almost no" by any stretch.

it's better than rice milk but not as good as soy milk.

rice milk tastes so bad it's making me physically angry to think about it.

You have to make sure the almonds are activated