Never had ramen. Is it good?

Never had ramen. Is it good?

no.

it's weeb shit

Ramen is just the noodle. There are so many variations on how it is prepared, the quality of the ingredients, etc. You might as well ask if pizza is any good. Same answer, is it Dominoes shit, or from a gourmet pizzeria?

To be honest most japanese food is bland

No.

Japanese food and people are disgusting

>gourmet pizzeria?

Kek!

Or a "gourmet" burger joint? The kind that sell "artisinal" fries?

Fucking millennials.

heh, I'm 40. If you haven't been to a good stone oven pizza place that uses high quality ingredients, I feel bad for you. As for burgers... Not sure why anyone would open a high end burger shop. It's not like a pizzeria where the brick oven takes up all of the floor space. I've had some very good high end burgers in quality restaurants though. Mostly hotel attached places.

Pizza is shit tier food, just like burgers, or ramen.

Doesn't matter about your oven blah, blah, dribble, stone bake, jizz, rhubarb, it's stuff yourself cheap so you don't go hungry fare and it is universally shit.

If you have a real ramen place near you then I recommend going as soon as possible. I don't usually like "this dish is better than THAT dish" statements, but the best ramen kicks the best pho I've had out of the water. When it's done right, it's a rich, complex, unforgettable thing that's way beyond mere soup.

Pic related. This is one of my favorite spots. It's a pork-bone (tonkotsu) broth with chashu pork, egg, and a bunch of other stuff. If we hadn't just had bunch of snow dumped on us, I'd go there today. Perfect winter food.

again. try a decent place. Not delivery. Not fucking 16 inch slop. I'm guessing you don't travel much.

And here's some chicken ramen from the same place. Glorious.

those look amazing

Now THAT is over the top.

Can someone post the ramen infographic

This one?

its one of my favorite meals

all my favorite things are japanese, I love sushi, I love ramen, I love tempura, I love katsu, I love yakitori, I love takoyaki, I love gyoza!!! I love them all

I can't wait to go on vacation there some day just for the food!

>I love sushi

I love Japan, period.

Ox tail ramen is delicious

I work at an old school chicken-broth based ramen place and I get to eat a bowl for free everyday, still haven't gotten sick of it, it's really impressive how creamy it gets just from pork fat and chicken bones

whats with the person under the oriental?

I went to Japan twice... unfortunately I don't like raw fish, so I missed out on a lot of food.

I enjoyed what I ate for the most part, but Japanese food isn't my favorite.

That said, I highly recommend visiting Japan, especially the countryside. I'd love to visit again soon, it was a lot of fun (although I wouldn't want to live there).

I felt like a rockstar when I was there; if I wasn't with my girlfriend I could have had a lot of fun. I didn't realize Japanese girls had such nice legs either (or that I was into legs for that matter). Met a couple English teachers from the U.S. who told me they came to Japan because they had "yellow fever"; they were having a good time needless to say.

I have a neckbeard shut-in brother who I was trying to coerce into going to Japan to teach English, to no avail. If I were a Veeky Forums geek obsessed with Japanese culture, permavirgin, lacking social skills, etc. I would definitely hook up with a company and fly over to teach English. Might as well, at worst you'd be a hermit on your computer in a foreign country. Chances are you'd make friends, hone your social skills, gain experiences outside your comfort zone, and have a lot of fun.

Word of warning for those who are interested in JET, or similar Korean English Teacher programs: be prepared to be worked to the bone. Japanese and Koreans don't take breaks, and they like to drill the work ethic into them when they're young -- and that's where you come in.

If you don't have actual teacher training, you'll quickly burn out -- and even if you do, you'll find yourself setting into culture shock eventually.

Source: am teacher with colleagues in Japan & Korea.

J-rock!!

GIRUGIMESH

AND GANGBANG

it's a meme

Veeky Forums only likes McChicken

snotty richfag

Depends 85% on the broth quality.

Do you like instant noodles? It's basically just high quality that, done up a lot with additions, from my experience.

The same way 80% of pizza is the crust. If you have a lousy or a great crust, that affects the rest of the fucking dish

go fuck yourself literal faggot

Its like bags of sand

Favourite dish ever. If I could only eat one dish for the rest of my life, id pick ramen.

Ill never understand the egg in soup thing

it makes sense, the eggs are softboiled and marinated in broth, so they taste like the soup

Laksa is the patrician ramen desu

an authentic ramen place opened up in my city this past year, I've been twice in the last two months or so.

it's pretty good. the pork dumplings are fucking sex but the ramen dish I usually get just seems slightly better than average.

Uhhh, Smile DK?

Do you eat the egg in one bite or try to cut it with the spoon?

It's impossibru to add meat to the oriental flavor cause it's vegetarian and won't enhance meat flavors. Plus it tastes weird.

Break it in half or bite off half with chopsticks.

> Never had a good pizza
> Claims all pizza is shit.

I guess you slather your pizza in ketchup too, so even if you ever find any good pizza, you'll never know as all that ketchup will kill the taste.

Tried it once.
A generic soup. Nothing to write home about, but no reason to complain either.

Why should we listen to your opinion if you've only tried it a single time? Don't you think that you aren't qualified to speak on the subject?

data point. ever heard the term?

You might as well ask if pizza is any good.

The answer is only if you're < 16, by the way

>Let's throw a bunch of shit into a bowl, even though most of the ingredients don't go together.

Is Japan the Britain of Asia?

But it's not a data point we can trust. You haven't eaten enough of it to give a meaningful opinion.

An anecdote from an in-experienced taster is useless.

I really loved the stuff I had in Ueno.

The best part is the egg.

Fucking love them eggs.

Bland? You obviously never had Japanese curry or ramen at a restaurant in Japan. Sushi being the exception, most Japanese dishes I had there were spicy as fuck and super delicious.

Yeah, you forgot japanese dick, your favorite kind of tubed meat.

snottier poorfag

What kinda egg? Tell me about the egg.

If they have ramen go for the rice bowls with pork belly, way better

Pork, pork broth, black fungus, bamboo shoots, scallions, eggs. Which of these things don't go well together? The answer is that they all go well together, you are a retard and a memester, and don't even fucking respond.

nope, pho is better

Not even put the broth

Ok

poorfag/weeaboo food

so no

you can also poach the egg (i forget the japanese term) and mix the runny yolk in with the broth. so good

As expected, you don't understand the term.

>Mecha Noodle Bar

fellow CTfag here. i've been there. quality place. there's one in new haven now too

It's good, but extremely overrated. It's Japan's pizza, so that's why weeaboos like it.

>used to eat all sort of soup noodles because asian
>never really tried ramen
>go to a legit japanese restaurant and order ramen
>feel like their stock are made to bloat the fuck up your stomach
>expensive options if you want to add more meat slice/egg/vegetable in your bowl

at the same time i rarely ever go to restaurant but it felt a tad expensive for what it was, it taste good but don't expect japanese magical mastered perfection of soup noodle like weeaboos does.
I especially disliked the part that just bloat my stomach but there was the choice between the regular stock and a light one.

You're demonstrably wrong.

youre a knobhead

>It's Japan's pizza
is this your attempt at bait?