What could be better on a cold winter day than a big helping of goulash?

What could be better on a cold winter day than a big helping of goulash?

0/10

two big helpings of goulash

Whats that stuff on the top? Cool whip?

If you hadn't told me I wouldn't have known this is supposed to be goulash. No colour at all, scarcely any onions, watery thin sauce, vegatable stuff as sides ...

The goulash I know (I'm German) uses at least as much onions as meat (by weight), both meat and onions well brownedbeforehand, tomato paste, stock, vinegar, caraway, marjoram, garlic and paprika powder. Maybe also a red bellpepper or two, to taste. The sauce is very dark brown and thick with a very intense piquant taste. It is eaten with boiled mealy potatoes as a side, with the potatoes squashed with a fork and the sauce spooned over them.

Living in the Caribbean and eating fresh caught snapper on a beach while getting a blow job from OP.

True. Now when are you going to post a pic of goulash?

1/10

That's funny, the goulash I eat is also an ethnic German's recipe and is absolutely nothing like you described.

That's not guláš.

This is guláš.

Looks tasty. Recipe?

It's similar to the recipe here: You just brown equal parts beef and onions, season them with salt, pepper, paprika, add a spoonful of tomato paste and a little water or beef broth, add garlic, cumin, and braise it until the meat's tender. Toward the end, add some marjoram.

Some people thicken it with a roux but I find this unnecessary if you don't add too much liquid. Serve with Czech-style dumplings (or noodles, potatoes, bread, whatever you prefer).

No, this is it.

That's beef-a-roni.

OFFICIAL GOULASH POWER RANKINGS:

>1. Hungarian goulash
>2. American goulash
POWER GAP
>11. Austrian goulash
>999. German goulash

Golaž reporting

I've seen better gulyás than that user.

way better

>dat knédli
user you are god tier slovák

This is why I never know what people mean when they say they had goulash for dinner.

OP looks more like goulash than what you describe sounds.

.... you realize that there's no one way to do goulash, and that it varies substantially between country, right?

Right?

>The goulash I know..

pretty much implies it fuckwit

Then why call them all "goulash"?

At the very least, one should clarify the style.

That's like saying we're having "soup" with dinner, without any clarifications of the ingredients or preparation method used.