What are some Veeky Forums approved mechanical pencils?

What are some Veeky Forums approved mechanical pencils?

I like pentel's graphgear 500, however it is prone to jamming. Also, I use .7 lead.

Please respond

those cheap ones at wal mart, i have .5 and .7.

Pentel Side-FX.

No-frills. Ergonomically more comfortable due to the hexagonal barrel. They're also durable and inexpensive.

The cheap mechanical pencils are shit. They constantly jam and they are not meant to last. On top of it all, buying large quantities of plastic mechanical pencils and throwing hen away is horrible for the environment.

I just buy metal mechanical, I don't give a shit about brand.
I prefer 5 lead but 7 is just better for some reason

>muh environment

not very many jam 2bqh. I have had the same 5 pencils in my backpack for 3 years of my degree.

I am an end user so my environmental impact through these mechanical pencils are nonexistant.

Yeah .5 is too fragile. I always burn through .5 quicker than I do .7

I own a Pentel Smash and a Uni-Ball KuruToga. I've been finding myself using the Kuru much more than the Smash because of the ease of eraser access. But both pencils have been great to me.

Not a single mention of rotring? Wtf? I use a 600 in .5mm and .35mm for all my note taking. I stick with the .35mm most of the time. I write quite small and don't press to hard so it rarely breaks. The .5 feels far to big to me now, so I don't like using it much. If you're buying a rotring get the silver one, on the black one the paint scratches off.

I've been using Pentel p205s for the past like 2 or 3 years

Though I always end up ruining them and cracking them because I have a bad habit of chewing on the end. That's why I'm scared to buy something more expensive.

I like my graphgear 1000 a lot, but I've never actually tried the 500.

I like real pencils and electronic sharpeners.

I had a graphgear back in HS but I lost it and didn't want to spend the money on another.

Now I just buy 10-packs of these bad boys.

Good mech pencils are expensive. Just use normal wooden pencils.

The kickstarter: "A Mechanical Pencil That Will Last You A Lifetime"
Using .5 HB

just get a fucking pen. what you afraid you'll fuck up?

That's not even the point of the thread.

no that's retarded

been using those for 6+ years. only drawback is the tiny eraser. sometimes i just pull the metal top off and put an larger eraser on it

Still the best one.

I actually kind of like the eraser. It's great for precise erasing in cramped spaces and it lasts relatively long depending on how many mistakes you make, since you can take it out and push up more of the eraser through the metal holder. I always carry a big eraser with me and use that when I need to erase a lot of stuff at once.

Is Pilot's "The Shaker" a meme mechanical pencil? That's what I roll.

Kuru toga or graphgear 1000?

Anyone ever use 0.9 mm? I can't use 0.5mm cause I break it literally every 30 seconds and even 0.7mm is questionable.

How are the lines? Does it still look good?

Ewww I bet you're one of those revolting people who prefers chalkboards over whiteboards too.

I don't regularly write on either but I prefer to watch professors use chalkboards, it's just comfier tbqh

The sound is literally the worst sound in the world, how can you enjoy that?

0.9? You might as well use a fucking crayon. Learn how not to smash your pencil into the fucking page you fucking gorilla.

tfw you have beautiful cursive writing but you simply press too hard and and mean hurtful anonymous calls you a gorilla ;-;

>worst sound in the world
No it's not faggot.
Maybe your professor is just shit at writing on chalkboards.
If you have someone who's experienced, then it's great.

lmao

Rotring 600.
Cost a bit more than your standard mech pencil but you'll thank me.

I started using the Zebra M-301 (0.5 mm) recently. It's basically a cheaper version of the nice Pentel graphing pencils.

I have a problem with pressing down too hard, as well. That's why I started using 0.5 mm, to force myself to write lighter.

Good taste.

Currently using a pentel Twist-Erase and the eraser is pretty cash.
Im probably going to just order a 1000 on Amazon and a pentel Hi-polymer Eraser (my twist erase eraser is almost ded and stores here dont sell them).
Don't be a tard. Use an .7 at most. I'd recommend you buy a higher quality .5 and learn to use a damn pencil. .3s are heaven because they let you write really fine and save a lot of space.

How is it compared to the GraphGear 1000? Trying to decide between the two, don't really want to spend $20 tho

Rotring tikkys

They just werk

>have rotring 600 and 800
>"hey dude can i borrow one of those for this class"

2mm master race

show me a sample of your handwriting

I personally think the Rotring is better. The grip is more textured so your fingers really stick to it, I like the weight to it and balances on the web of your hand which makes it feel weightless.
The only thing that the GraphGear does better is the tip tends to be more durable, but you can go for the Rotring 800 I think it is and the entire tip retracts into the body of the pencil. Rotring also has a higher clearance so you can do a bit more detailed work with line of sight.

might just get both later on since the GG is pretty cheap

that way I can bring the GG to class and keep the rotring at my desk without fear of the tip breaking somehow outside

>2mm
Might as well use a paintbrush

found the unwary fuckup