Would you stop drinking alcohol if weed and weed edibles were legal, cheap, and didn't harm job prospects...

Would you stop drinking alcohol if weed and weed edibles were legal, cheap, and didn't harm job prospects? I would certainly curtail my drinking, not that I'm an alcoholic.

I'd direct more of my vice budget into weed but I would still pick up a bottle

yes and I AM an alcohol

nah, I have access to free decent weed but it's just not my thing anymore. I'll take a tasty craft beer over instant dry mouth and sedation anyday

I don't know that I'd stop but it might curtail my drinking. I don't drink a lot, but sometimes you just wanna get high and play Mario Kart. Plus this beer tastes good.

weed is pretty cheap and widely available, i dont know a single person thatd change their habits if it got legal, whoever wants to do it does it already

Nope, and I'm an alcohol and it's ruining my family.

Seriously though, drinking and smoking are so different I don't know a single person who really likes one or the other who would talk about them as if they were interchangeable. I loooooove drinking, and I've had it suggested to me numerous times from many different types of people (ranging from doctors telling me "hey, drinking is killing you, why don't you just smoke weed instead?" to my stoner friends who can't shut up about weeds superior experience and benefits). If you can use weed to curb your drinking, go for it I guess, ...but if you are looking for something to curb your drinking you are probably just substituting one problem for another eventual problem, or increasing your problems x4

>whoever wants to do it does it already
Nope. I'm job hunting, so there's one reason straight up that I can't smoke right now. Then there's the difficulty of getting it. Finding a contact can be hard depending on your social circles, and ordering online isn't an option for a lot of people due to their living arrangements (such as flatmates). Even serious stoners sometimes hit a dry patch and can't find any for months.

They're not interchangeable, since weed is clearly superior.
>no hangovers
>no digestive problems
>no limit to how high you can get (vs barfing or passing out from alcohol)
>your senses stay alert instead of losing interest in everything
>no liver damage
>medicinal properties
>not addictive

>>not addictive

Completely false. Not only is it possible to get psychologically addicted to anything, anecdotally I have known at least 3 people who HAVE become psychologically addicted. This meme needs to fucking die.

>your senses stay alert instead of losing interest in everything

Actually I find that whatever I'm focusing on seems much more intense, but background stuff is dulled and blurred. So weed is maybe hyper focus for me?

>no limit to how high you can get

Well sure there is, but you'd pass out long before you hit the lethal dose of weed. You'd just be too high to stay awake.

The fact that they're not interchangeable is actually the problem, since alcohol is physically addictive and weed is not. You can't just substitute marijuana for alcohol if you drink regularly like flipping a switch.

Going cold turkey on alcohol, depending on your intake, can kill you.

> psychologically addicted

pretty different from physical addiction, when your body hurts because you haven't had your daily dose of substance.

>Completely false. Not only is it possible to get psychologically addicted to anything, anecdotally I have known at least 3 people who HAVE become psychologically addicted. This meme needs to fucking die.
Psychological addiction is nothing dude, I'm psychologically addicted to shitposting on Veeky Forums. I won't die or have withdrawal symptoms if I take a day off from it. Your friends have a weed habit because they like it, they can't think of anything better to do, and there's no reason not to do it.

>Actually I find that whatever I'm focusing on seems much more intense, but background stuff is dulled and blurred. So weed is maybe hyper focus for me?
No, that's how it is for most people.

>Well sure there is, but you'd pass out long before you hit the lethal dose of weed. You'd just be too high to stay awake.
If you take a really high dose from edibles or something like that, you won't necessarily pass out. It actually goes into borderline psychedelia.

This is true. For people with a real serious addiction, it's not as simple as just swapping one thing for another. However, this isn't only a thread about alcoholism.

No.

I enjoy the taste of alcohol.

Thing about it is..
People take drugs to self-medicate problems they should be seeking out in prescriptions instead, and whether you think it's "addictive" by which you mean "physically dependent with withdrawal symptoms" is only half of the story.

People who are ADD can abuse drugs to the point of not feeling normal without them. And, those people are the type who live their lives on this 24/7.

People who take too much of this and too often, are known to induce other issues in their lives. Men who procreate on it affect their children for life, and in that way alcohol is safer, than what men pass on No, I'm not sourcing that, go look it up yourself.

Natural doesn't mean it's still not a chemical and should be regulated or even avoided. There is no logic to inhaling particulates, smoke or anything that isn't good clean air. It would be nice if people didn't mess up their lives on it, but if you have any propensity or family connection to people who mess up their lives with drugs or alcohol, don't go here with this either. Never try it once.

nope

Nah, kid.

weed just makes people boring. stoners just sit around. a few drinks make people sociable and confident, increasing ones chances of having sex or meeting interesting new friends.

>no digestive problems
I always have diarrhoea after smoking weed

Very rare.

I believe you're mistaking alcohol for cocaine.

When I get high with friends we talk for hours on end, about stuff we think about, not just stories of what we did last week. With booze we just get louder.

No, I am talking about a few alcoholic drinks.

With a cocaine garnish?

>no hangovers
I don't know a single alcoholic that the idea of a hangover has ever stopped them, and when you drink everyday you stop getting "hangovers".

I don't know how
>no limit to how high you can get
is a plus? The only times I wasn't able to get as drunk as I wanted was because there was no more alcohol to drink. I never wasted booze trying to get to some upper limit of drunk, you just pass out. So I guess if you can smoke ounces of weed at a time without falling asleep or feeling like you're just burning for the sake of burning, and continuing to get higher... that's something.

-your senses stay alert
well, mine don't, and I drink for the exact opposite outcome. I feel a lot more relaxed after a few drinks than smoking

-not addictive
you can tell yourself that, it is wrong, but you can tell yourself that

No.

Generally when we take cocaine things get pretty messy.

>when you drink everyday you stop getting "hangovers".
Ok, kid.

Who is "we"?

>we talk for hours on end, about stuff we think about

maybe so, but in one of your filthy low rent rooms, with no girls present. and no doubt it's all the same shit that no one cares about that you forgot no one cared about the last time.

My friends and I.

Wow those are some hot assumptions, sure you're not projecting some of your own experiences on to me?

But his assumptions are right, yes.

I shall continue to smoke my kind bud and not touch the devil's elixir too often

>no limit to how high you can get (vs barfing or passing out from alcohol)

DUDEWEEDLMAO stoner here, not true. When I first started smoking weed, I smoked way too much one time and ended up vomiting and laying on my bed for a good hour feeling like I would die.

drank every day for 8 years
I'd wake up from the shakes and shivers before dawn if I didn't drink enough the night before falling asleep. I wasn't hungover, puking, getting headaches. Drinking constantly, unemployed, for weeks, months, probably years at a time. No, I didn't get hangovers. I am an alcoholic. I wasn't getting trashed at a frat party and bragging about not getting hangovers you little shit, I was telling you that if you are drinking everyday, you don't get hangovers.

Sissy

Incorrect, kid.

you're probably right.

How can you know they're right?

I have a hunch.

Weed is for unmotivated losers.

I don't get this shit.

do you understand what is addiction and what is just a vice?

being psychological addicted is just like being addicted to chocolate ffs.

psychological addiction is keeping eating junk burgers while being 300+ lbs.

psychological addiction is just the same as having a fucking bad habit.

Oh absolutely, I'll switch to the weedstuff that gets you high when you smoke it within the next few years. I get drunk a few times a week, but I don't even think about it if I've got weedstuff

wine enhances the flavour of good food. does anyone over 18 smoke pots?

In a heartbeat. Weed is better than alcohol in every way, assuming you do edibles.

Actually it's a warning sign that someone is an alcoholic when they stop getting hangovers. It means they'll start getting withdrawls if they go without

>no logic to inhaling particulates, smoke or anything that isn't good clean air

Someone's never had to live in a major city.

I didn't start smoking til I was 20. Only vape and eat edibles now. Anyone who honestly doesn't think weed enhances flavors, can I have some of whatever yer smokin?

I've never had a hangover from the very first time I got drunk to the present so that kills your theory right there.

it enhances the flavour of doritos and mountain pop. as it makes boring things interesting briefly.

I'd probably still do both.
Drinking makes me goofy, weed makes me relaxed.

I'd still have the occasional beer or two, kinda like I do now

> tfw live in Colorado

>Only vape
enjoy your decreased lung function, fool. Dow Chemical recommends glycols not be inhaled to keep Hollywood workers from suing them such as in fog machines. Who ya going to sue when you make those bad choices for yourself? Just quit taking crap into your lungs. Have you never seen anyone gasping for breath before?

Nonsense.

Weed *is* legal here, and no. Mostly because:

1. The weed-infused drinks they have here are AWESOME as mixers with vodka and club soda

2. The highs are different - I'd rather be drunk with my family than high, because I go into my own head and become too aware of social tension when high

3. I like how beer and whiskey taste

you can vape regular bud, bud

Weed more often than not makes me anxious and is way too intense for me.

Alcohol on the other hand, I've never met anyone who had a bad time purely because of the effects. I know in higher doses alcohol will kill you, but I'm saying one or two drinks to the equivalent amount of weed, more people naturally enjoy alcohol.

I have booze to curb anxiety or have a good time. Weed makes me too in my own head, and I'm way too sensitive to it. If I have too much it's a terrifying time. I'll experiment more when it's legal and I can find a high CBD strain for me.

Basically if it was a replacement for alcohol I would use it but it's not so I don't.

>Would you stop drinking alcohol if weed and weed edibles were legal
fuck no weed is shit and turns people into dick heads.

nearly all of my stoner friends have smoked too much and barfed/become extremely nauseous

I've barfed/passed out from weed, albeit from a very large dose of edibles (1/4oz weed via peanut butter).

DRUGS THAT I'VE TRIED POWER RANKINGS

GOD TIER
>cocaine

HIGH TIER
>mushrooms
>adderall

Mid Tier
>weed (gets worse with age)
>alcohol (would be higher without hangovers)

SHIT TIER
>salvia
>painkillers

Yes, I already smoke instead of drinking, it's much more pleasant in my opinion, especially edibles. When i eat a medicinal edible it's just nice, I usually work or draw when I do, something i can't do while drunk. Getting drunk to me is just something I do at parties because it makes me more outgoing, especially towards women. Weed makes me over analyze things, which is good for work and making things but not so much for flirting, might just be me though.

Not that guy, but psychological addictions are still bad because the thing you are addicted to has negative consequences if done in excess.

E.g. psychologically addicted to eating chocolate will lead to obesity eventually. psychological addiction to weed will lead to a worsened short term memory, lack of motivation (for some people) and can trigger depression in some cases.

Weed is arguably less harmful in excess than booze, as there are barely any physical effects that come with excessive consumption like liver damage. But the mental effects are certainly there in both.

This tbhfamalamazoíds, alcohol is much better for social situations. Easier to control dosage, and easier when everyone else is drinking.

I gave up alcohol once CA made weed somewhat legal.

It's just better.

no because I am not 18
I mean weed should be legal, but I really doubt its legalization would substantially change my life

I prefer alcohol over weed. I don't think it should be illegal but I wouldn't change my drinking habits to make it legal

Weed gives me panic attacks

So no

Nah, I have access to weed whenever I want to and it make me even more introversive and kinda paranoid. I want to do it only with my good friends. Booze I can enjoy with anyone.

Only started drinking because I hit a dry patch, I don't even like drinking just hate being here so I sedate myself so I don't inevitably kill myself, doesn't work as well

>Psychological addiction is nothing dude, I'm psychologically addicted to shitposting on Veeky Forums. I won't die or have withdrawal symptoms if I take a day off from it. Your friends have a weed habit because they like it, they can't think of anything better to do, and there's no reason not to do it.

>Because I work one way, everyone else works this way too!

No you fucking moron, I'm talking psychologically addicted to the point where they steal money from friends and relatives to get their fix. Its good you're able to have a handle on your willpower, but there are people who don't.

>pretty different from physical addiction, when your body hurts because you haven't had your daily dose of substance.

Absolutely, but the distinction was not made. The user asserted that weed isn't addictive, and that's false.

Tbh man it sounds like you genuinely suffer from some kind of disorder/compulsion that makes you seek oblivion. You're right, in that sense, marijuana doesn't deliver the same oblivion you will find in a bottle of booze. But for most people, it's good enough, and the lack of side effects make it preferable. I know I am one of those people

No because weed is for niggers.

I know like 8 black people and none of them smoke weed

Weed loses its magic if you do it all the time, for me anyway

>Its good you're able to have a handle on your willpower, but there are people who don't.
those """"people"""" do not actually qualify as human beings, though

No.

LOL.

You will.

It's a habit common among all negroidal species.

No because it just makes me feel lazy and paranoid. It's absolute shit tier

yes

No i don't need poison to make me stop drinking poison.
Fucking dude weed lmao fucking kys

Yeah I'm like you
Never enjoyed weed at all and I have a relationship with alcohol that's like a really sexy but bad news girlfriend

you sound like an alcoholic

i've never smoked cannabis in my life, but if (you said it, not I, but I agree) that you can get psychologically addicted to anything, then how is it even an argument against it? By that logic, camembert is no better than alcohol because while there are people drinking themselves to death from physical dependence, there might be people psychologically jonesing for a camembert fix.

I wouldn't stop completely but I'd switch my panic button drug from alcohol to weed.

Washingtonfag here.

I spend way less on hard alcohol now that weed is legal. Still buy beer pretty much every week though; but it's because I like the taste.

Didn't smoke or use edibles all that often before it got legalized because it was a hassle and the people dealing around me were always pushing heroin on the people they sold weed to.

I totally would, but I can only have the strains of weed that are relaxing and anxiety-reducing, because I have panic disorder and the other strains make me freak out. Which is one reason why I haven't smoked weed in a decade, and use alcohol to self-medicate and for recreation. Well, I did use alcohol, but I quit a couple weeks ago. Hopefully I'll make it stick.

Sounds like a bunch of pussies.

>opioids at the bottom
>cocaine abovw amphetamines
>no mention of dissociatives
>psychedelics above anything

Normie list/10 desu

My condolences, your son was hit by a drive by

I drink to make going out tolerable.
I smoke weed to make staying in tolerable.

>Its good you're able to have a handle on your willpower, but there are people who don't.

Then weed isn't the problem here.

>psychologically jonesing for a camembert fix

I only really drink for social reasons or when I run out of Acid.

Alcohol > weed imo
If you're gonna smoke something get a good cigar or tobacco for a pipe

I like them both, but I can't do both at the same time. Liquor's taste is so much stronger and more vile when high

if opiates were free then i would never drink

There are strains of weed that make you hyped instead of sedated. You got an indica, you want a sativa.

Definitely, I started vapourising weed at 24. I domt think I've bought a bottle or can of alcohol for myself since then (bar the odd social occasion).

I prefer the feeling it gives me, I don't perform like dogshit if I do something physical the next day and I like the taste of a fresh hit.

If it were legal, id probably cultivate a couple of plants for myself at home. That's probably part of the reason it never will be. God forbid people should have access to their soma without a corporation benefitting from their addiction.

Nope, all of the times where I tried edibles have ended badly.