What are the greatest single questions asked by philosophers?

What are the greatest single questions asked by philosophers?

something like "Why is there something rather than nothing?"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes
gineipaedia.com/wiki/Legend_of_Galactic_Heroes_Gaiden_(OVA)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is love?

for you

wtf i hate Veeky Forums now

Why do women always go for the douchebags and ignore the nice guys?

Is there an honest person

because 'nice guys' are beta cucks

don't hurt me don't hurt me no more

You broke your own thread. I don't feel like writing one question because you already asked the most fundamental question that can be asked. It's the foundation of philosophy. The reason why we study it.
Why indeed? Why is there something rather than nothing?

Because women aren't nice.

Douchebags have confidence etc etc

All the good traits of a douchebag + being nice > douchebag

The most fundemental question in Philosphy is the question of being. What is the nature of being?

because women who do this like to think themselves as trophies and only douchebags treat them like trophies i.e. inanimate fucking objects.

because those nice guys are delusional enough to think they're nice

cause "nice guys" aren't actually nice and envious losers who hate the world because they don't work hard enough for anything

What is that from?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes

Most red-pilled anime ever.

The Will to Truth, which is to tempt us to many a hazardous enterprise, the famous Truthfulness of which all philosophers have hitherto spoken with respect, what questions has this Will to Truth not laid before us! What strange, perplexing, questionable questions! It is already a long story; yet it seems as if it were hardly commenced. Is it any wonder if we at last grow distrustful, lose patience, and turn impatiently away? That this Sphinx teaches us at last to ask questions ourselves? WHO is it really that puts questions to us here? WHAT really is this "Will to Truth" in us? In fact we made a long halt at the question as to the origin of this Will--until at last we came to an absolute standstill before a yet more fundamental question. We inquired about the VALUE of this Will. Granted that we want the truth: WHY NOT RATHER untruth? And uncertainty? Even ignorance? The problem of the value of truth presented itself before us--or was it we who presented ourselves before the problem? Which of us is the Oedipus here? Which the Sphinx? It would seem to be a rendezvous of questions and notes of interrogation. And could it be believed that it at last seems to us as if the problem had never been propounded before, as if we were the first to discern it, get a sight of it, and RISK RAISING it? For there is risk in raising it, perhaps there is no greater risk.

>"If that isn't a flaw of democracy, then what is ?"
>"then what is ?"
>hasn't read Plato
0/10

>confusing a character's ignorance with the creator's ignorance.

Gender and sexuality are Satanic devices. They're fundamentally perverse.

Yeah I'm not reading all of that

5 decides what I read

It's literally a Nietzsche quote, my friend.
>I'm not reading all that
smhtbh

this ffs

Get back in your jar, Diogenes, and put that lamp out.

I don't remember this scene. Is this a neckbeard edit?

So sad to see so many caught up in insignificant trivialities.
If you think that anywhere in the fundamental questions there lies 'why are women mean to me?' you should give up this board and go somewhere else.
The perennial question of philosophy is the question being. Then, what is truth and what is value? And finally, how does one live the good life?
Everything else is just a midpoint to that end.
Every

gineipaedia.com/wiki/Legend_of_Galactic_Heroes_Gaiden_(OVA)

look how many people responded to your question seriously

its a meme you faggots

This is actually fucking depressing how full Veeky Forums is of retards that can't even understand let alone appreciate these Sumerian stale memes

Filthy plucked chicken. I cum on your feathers.

Why do men systematically and inherently hate women so much? Why are men naturally such sadistic savages?

I can fap to this

Way to prove my point, you total heartless pervert.

>Why do men systematically and inherently hate women so much? Why are men naturally such sadistic savages?

In my experience it's the other way around. Women are pure evil.

We know what it means to have boundless freedom and what to do with it regardless of social conventions.

because we can be

Women are the selector sex; they choose who's genes live and who's die; they are privileged in that violence against them is considered shameful, wheras violence against men is often considered admirable or funny; women are not expected to pull their own weight in any male dominated environment, and are usually when stripped of their attractiveness are often left bereft of charm; as their personalities are often geared towards social climbing and manipulation, and when you're old and ugly these don't work any more.

Conversely a man who has had to learn to be funny and charming to be treated well will retain these traits even as he ages.

Ugly women if given time to develop character can be almost as reliable as an honest man, Lesbians are a mixed bag.

LOOK AT MY CONFIRMATION BIAS

He's mostly right though. I don't see what's so controversial about what he says.

I hate this reaction image. Do you know what a douche-image it gives off?
You're not a manly man in the 1950's you little weak cunt.

The resentment is the post is very undignified. Do not assume that everyone is as unpleasing to look at as you are.

Why are you so mad?

Ok, I can stop assuming if you post a picture of your manly handsome face right now.

Waiting.

I don't have anything to prove. You can believe what you want to believe.

You just told me not to assume.

The greatest questions pertain to truth.

What is truth?
Can we know truth?
Is truth worth it?

And the answer to those questions? Well, read some fucking philosophy and find out.

How do you know if a theory of truth is true?

Except he is right.

>What are the greatest single questions asked by philosophers?

What?

Never watched that movie, what's the comparison?

>red-pilled
>anime

this meme needs to end soon

"How do i make my dick bigger?"

Why does he wear the mask ?

Kek

u mad

If i pull that off would you die

/Thread

In that scene Matthew McConaughey says to Leonardo: "We don’t create shit, we don’t build anything." (They're both stockbrokers.)

> How might I discover the preconditions that enable my mind to even work with concepts like "why?" and "something" and "nothing" in the first place?

Kant was next level

>Ugly women if given time to develop character

THIS X100

I only date ugly/beta girls because I actually plan to veiw my partner in a positive light and not as just a vagina. They also value the relationship and you WAYYYYY more than the average chick

Honestly 80s and 90s anime were comfy and based. Before the moe fags were able to take over plot and art style were amazing.

Dialectics my friend, such are the same qualities in women.

how might i climb completely up my own ass?

what's the deal with airplane peanuts?

Lizzy will be saved, but only if you reply 'Leave Lizzy alone silly Elefanny'

Ass is phenomenal, friend.

Leave Lizzy alone silly Elefanny

Is there a God?

Is the universe deterministic?

Are morals real?

Those high school tier questions.

Can you prove that any thing really exists - that it exists independently of your mind - merely by thinking about its concept, analyzing its meaning within your own mind?

Am I born into my duty, or is my duty determined by my life? Is that duty in and of its self my purpose, or do I harness purpose from my duty?

I am 12 and what is this?

The Problem of Universals

All the Modernists and Postmodernists like to give Plato shit for the Theory of the Forms, but they've never really given a countervailing explanation for the existence of categories of items. At least, they haven't given one that's satisfying.

From impacts on our sensory surfaces, we in our collective and cumulative creativity down the generations have projected our systematic theory of the external world. Our system is proving successful in predicting subsequent sensory input. How have we done it?

stop hypostasizing the framework

i bet you ontologize propositions and qualia and numbers and sets too

you should read Searle's new book

Why they put the dick on the pussy?

because we love them user, we hate them because we love them.

He was the first to honestly question Hegel which given his influence and the richness of his philosophy, was extremely necessary

middle school

Which one is that?

what about schopnehauer

can i survive death?

Everyone here's a stupid faggot, myself included. Fuck this, I'm going to go read Plato.

Because I'm not a real intellectual.

why arent we using crack and smoking pot every single day

we?

You can be both.

What is existence?

which is why zizek worships lacan

You don't read philosophy for theories.

I don't know about greatest questions, but this meme is one of the greatest conclusions.

why me?

How is understanding possible?

Read Truth and Method, Hans Georg Gadamer. If you have the Greeks, good amount of classic literature (Homer, Virgil, Dante, Shakespeare), Nietzsche, Hegel, and Kant under your comprehension you should understand this book.

"Why is there something rather than nothing?" is probably the most profound philosophical question one can ask. However, "why, fundamentally, do people ask such questions?" and "how is asking such questions even possible?", are, to me, deeper, albeit meta-philosophical, questions, questioning the natures of questioning and the questioner himself.