Why is norwegian literature, music and film so bad?

Why is norwegian literature, music and film so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No idea but Norwegians girls are God Tier desu.

Then again I like any girl who speaks one of those rough, Germanic languages. German girls are hot as fuck.

nod really :DDDD

Joyce thought Ibsen was the best playwright after Shakespeare.

He learned Norwegian and wrote fanboy letters to Ibsen.

Yes really ;)

"Oslo, 31. august" was good.

Ibsen, Hamsun, and, Hauge are pretty cool

>Impying Hamsun and Ibsen aren't among the all time greatest

Stay pleb faggot.

>Norwegians girls are God Tier desu.

You hopefully mean they are god tier in appearance, and not behavior, because they are degenerate sluts all of them.

Good looking degenerate sluts, but there it is.

>Degenerate

It's true though. I mean, I am Norwegian, and Norwegian girls are the most hedonistic, vapid and superficial people on the planet.

I know. My ex was Norwegian and ended up sleeping around.

Still sexy though desu. Must be the climate: cold places, cold hearts.

That's what progressivism gets you.

White people have no culture

>Still sexy though desu

True.

>norwegian music
>bad

fuckin great book

>Hedonism
>Bad
Yeah, nah. Take your dumbass back to /pol/.

Well it is. Pleasure is not wholly bad, but hedonism is.

All that lost talent had to go somewhere.

All things in moderation degenanon

"Reprise" is better

dat feeling when swedish and can read them in the original. Stay mad anglotards

Film is bad I agree, but the music is mediocre (the jazz scene is good, though) and the literature is top-tier.

You think you have it bad? Try living in the Netherlands. Culture ended here about 250 years ago.

What have you guys had ever since?

Apart from that disgusting coughy sound in your language.

I know some Dutch girls and they are, almost without exception, bourgeois bohemians who insist on coloured/non-white boyfriends.

>rough Germanic languages

Funny how we're still stuck in stereotypes that are thousands of years old. Most Germanic languages are pretty smooth. The Scandinavian languages can be quite mellifluous, excluding Danish which is an ungodly clusterfuck. And you never hear Dutch included in these statments because it has no connotation of vikings or barbarians. German gets called guttural a lot, but as far as I can tell it is no more so than French, and really from the perspective of an English speaker almost everything will be guttural because English is a very frontal language. To be honest sometimes I wonder if English isn't the roughest one of the lot, being the mongrel language that it is.

>Joyce thought Ibsen was the best playwright after Shakespeare
he's not the only one, it's quite common opinion

and after Shakespeare, Ibsens plays are the most common plays on theaters all around the world

Norwegian isn't rough at all teebeeeych. We probably have the most pronounced pitch accent of all the Scandi languages.

with regards to film, swedish and danish movie industries brain drained norway desu

our talent went over there to work

I meant rough in a good way. As it happens, and as my comment clearly suggests, I think German/etc are very attractive languages.

Although now you sound like another butthurt English-hating Kraut. Enjoy never being the lingua franca, motherfucker. Peace out.

>What have you guys had ever since?

Pic related. Fags 'celebrating' the fact that they enjoy a cock up their ass.

The funny thing is that I rarely hear any SJW/PC rhetoric here but that's probably because I don't hang or work around normies per se. Dutch girls are, for the most part, cunts though.

my negrito

Old school norwegian black metal was god-tier

There is no suffering.

So deep
XD

It was shit for edgy teens. I literally cannot listen to it without going into hysterical laughter.

Yes yes Russia and America are bright and beautiful and wonderful places and that's why it produces many fantastic writers who aren't crippled by an inherent emptiness

>I literally cannot listen to it without going into hysterical laughter.

Then don't. It's still god-tier even with your shitty opinion.

are you implying scandis aren't privileged spoiled fucks autismo

I won't attempt to defend the whole Norwegian culture but I really liked this book. I didn't read it in English though so I don't know if the English translation is good.

Nice critiques, unless you are going to compare the compositions with western classical music and explain why it is inferior you are irrelevant
I know it is inferior in composition btw, but it does have dank riffs

>Running at EXTREME speed in a norwegian pagan forest with VERY dark music and wizard hat on head

youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w

kek

Autism music

Literally autism music

Muh degeneracy durr durr the ancestors are coursing through my blood

That's Swedish bruh.

Why the asspain?

The video is post-ironic, you're literally too feeble-minded to get to this level

>judging music based on lyrics or aesthetic

this, immortal has always been that way

The original is better

>Not recognizing that my greentext was post-post-ironic

>Boos worden om homo's op een boot
Aw

Name a more relevant currently living author.

You literally can't.

>The Bothersome Man
>Oslo August 31st
>bad

You guys should check out Sabaton, they're pioneers of the genre called """""""History Metal""""""""

Knausgaard is a garbage meme for garbage people
The wave of his fame broke over a year ago I believe

I heard this one is quite relevant nowadays.

You literally shoud give it a try.

Totaal niet autisme-broer. Ik vind het gewoon een kansloze exercitie.

Hey, Sabaton has some pretty good songs!

>complains someone is sticking to old stereotypes
>implies Danish clusterfuck
I'm a Dane so you can disregard my post if you really insist, but I'd still like to explicate why this stereotype (potato in mouth etc.) has come to be.
What's going on, firstly, is that it is actually possible to pronounce most Danish words from the 'middle of your mouth' while barely moving the lips (watch Danish movies from the start/middle of the 20th century and compare their speech to contemporary ones), and you can compare with German for a language that's really quite easy to mouth read
Secondly, Danish is a highly alliterative language, meaning you can't tell where one word ends and the next picks up. Basically, it's made for singing/hymns, and if you also spend some time listening to Danish, I think you'll find that it has a more consistent flow than the constant ups and downs of Norwegian/Swedish that can really be quite jarring.
Lastly, another reason Danish comes off as a clusterfuck it because it has two major, diverging regiolects (Western/Eastern), and smaller regional differences (pic related).

Music? fuck off

Thanks for the info. I did recognize the contradiction in my post, but I couldn't help but get in a dig against Danish more as a personal joke than an argument. Sorry if that was offensive. Tbh I haven't actually heard much Danish, mostly Swedish and Norwegian, though what I'd read about it did give me the impression that it was absurd, like for instance the number system.

By the way, if you can't lip read with Danish how do deaf people survive? I'd probably go crazy if I was limited to understanding only the small subset of people who know sign language.

Let's see...

I've read and found Ibsen and Hamsun to be excellent, relevant writers on the world literature scene. Then today there is supposed to be another great writer, Knausgaard, whom I haven't read but is supposed to be great. Trollhunter was an ok movie. Considering that the country is so small, I think it's fine that they haven't got a great literary tradition. A better case could probably be made for a different country's literature being shit. Considering Spain and Italy have a population size about equal to England and France, I don't see why they haven't had as many great writers since the 19th century. It's pretty impressive what Norway accomplished considering how small and irrelevant the country is, just like Ireland.

The follow-up, "Monstermenneske", is imo even better. Skomsvold basically pulled a Knausgaard, writing a 800 page autobiography - mostly about how she wrote the book you posted. It's a warmer, funnier companion piece to Knausgaard's My Struggle. Not sure if it's been translated though.

I think the idea that Norwegian literature, music and film is bad is kind of like when people say, "The book was better than the movie." Yeah, generally, but if you're saying that like it's something you just discovered and not being aware of the nuances, I'm going to think you haven't done your homework yet.

This. Y'all should stop the hatewagon because you are missing out some great reading. Knausgaard is also Veeky Forums personified

>organizes their society into a somewhat well functioning one
>"spoiled"

>Hamsun, Ibsen, Knausgaard, St. Thomas, Your Headlights Are On,Erlend Loe, Hjerteslag, Per Petterson, Tomas Espedal, countless more
Poor bait

>Monstermenneske
No it's not translated yet, at least not to english nor my native language. I've read "The Faster I Walk..." back in 2014 and I've read "33" last spring when it was translated by the same translator.. In less than 300 pages she became one of my favorite authors so I just wanted to share. I admit that you are right about me, not doing my homework about Norway in general. I would love to have some reccomendations.

Also ,without being ironic, I want to ask your opinion about Knausgaard?

German here, German girls are mostly shit-tier basic bitches and the worst of any European country you will find.

>German girls are mostly shit-tier basic bitches and the worst of any European country you will find.

Elaborate, they seem cute and I slept with a couple of German exchange students.

What's the most Veeky Forums Scandinavian country, including Iceland too? I might learn one of the languages to impress a girl haha

German society is full of complexes and basically encourages being as shallow as possible in a neb-capitalist way. That's ingrained into the heart of all young people here. To add to that, there's a weird cross of idolizing productivity and trying to live a hedonistic, pleasurable life while hating yourself out of a huge catholic guilt complex. Girls will want you to work hard as fuck until you die while hating yourself and the girl herself will be unhappy and hate you and hate the kids and hate her own decisions and you will die with a huge ugly bourgeoise house that isn't paid off and some spoiled kids who didn't like you anyways because they already also hate themselves.

Norway > Sweden > Swedish-speaking part of Finland > Iceland >>>> Denmark

You forgot that
Finnish speaking Finland > Norway

otherwise good

You forgot Jens Bjorneboe

It wasn't an exhaustive list, but you're right, he should be on it.

dude what?

Not really cultural scandinavian, though. And no one would learn finnish for poontang.

Norwegian is best for understanding the most.
I understand Swedish easily and Danish somewhat less, and they understand me if I speak slowly, while they have a harder time understanding each other.

they secretively hate you senpai

*secretly, correction a shit

Ah, just wait until you meet that 10/10 blonde qt of your dreams and she starts speaking finnish to you

What would you give to know some karelian love poems to impress that well-equipped wench

Or just to ask her: "Hei töttö, voinko pömppöö sun rönttöö?"

>10/10 finn

I hate to break it to you, but the finnish chicks look like boys and the men look like lesbians.

>men look like lesbians
???
I don't know about the swedish-speaking areas, but finnish guys really don't look feminine
Ugly as fuck tho, I'll give you that

Besides the Metal scene you should give Supersilent, Deathprod and Biosphere a try.

They don't look feminine, just andogynous in an ugly way.

Oh, that part wasn't actually meant for you, I was just addressing the thread's topic in general.

I've read all of Knausgaard's novels, that is the two he wrote before My Struggle as well, and he is one of my favorite writers. His writing is very addicting, full of emotion and he covers so much of the human experience. His prose is also really beautiful at times, he really knows how to describe things you take for granted in ways you've never thought of them before. Sometimes he can be very uneven though, like the third volume of My Struggle or the beautifully confused final sixth, but I think that just reflects the heart of his writing: Which is this yearning, which I can really relate to, for some kind of transcendence in our mundane, materialist world and our inability to find it no matter what. I think this captures our times really well, so I wouldn't be surprised if his works become classics.

Knausgaard is very different from Skomsvold though. Another of my favorite Norwegian writers, who is much more similar, is Johan Harstad. He has the same playfulness and mix of melancholy and comedy. I think only Buzz Aldrin is in English, which is just as well.

I like turbonegro

*tips fedora*

>couperus, nescio, reve
>not great

Kys kankerlijer

>black metal
>bad

kys

"Pepsi max, Chesterfields and Hitlerbooks" Knausgard is bases desu

>Ibsen

Feminist tripe. Show me someone who's actually good, as in good because he writes good, not because he ticks some ideological checkbox.

Not now, not ever, Karelian!

Not Karelian 'Novgorodian vassal' peoples literature, but rather Hämäläinen (that's Tavastian for you plebs) 'godtier' peoples grand oeuvre of classic works and wordsmiths

The north germanic oppressors can never surpass our Uralic grandeur

All the official statistics I could find point to Scandinavians being really faithful in relationships. Have I been lied to? Are Scandi girls really degenerate sluts?

It all depends, if a girl is offered skinny Sven or muscular Muhammad

Someone post the study on norwegian womens preferences for unfaithfulness

>Poor bait
Worked well enough for him to get a fuckton of recommendations and some info on authors.

Nope, they're not. Probably some of the better girls out there.