Gravy is good for fixing up dry dinners with potatoes. But what do you do with rice?

Gravy is good for fixing up dry dinners with potatoes. But what do you do with rice?

I've tried soy sauce, but it's not much of a sauce at all really. And by the time you've added enough to moisten the rice, it's way too salty.

There's a lot of rice in my cultures diet. We usually use meat gravies or stewed beans. Sometimes both.

I use ranch

I like to use Chicken Kitchen mustard-curry sauce on my yellow rice when I dine there. It's mostly mayo, but hey, it's addictive.

At home, rice is usually the intentionally bland counterpart to something very nicely flavored, from a stir fry, to red beans and sausage to a spicy yogurt chicken.

If I wanted my rice to have more than bland flavor, it'd be some kind of casserole, from dirty rice to wild rice with mushrooms, to cuban moros y cristianos to risotto.

In Brazil we use Feijão (bean sauce) i really suggest you try to get some, is really good.

ume shiso sprinkle is pretty based on plain white rice

i think you can get a liquid version too but i haven't tried it

usually when i use that i use a different bowl for the rice, because getting sauced up food all over it can overpower the taste

Feijão

goddamn fuck that is one of the godtier meals that i know. those carrots man, you know. u just know.
what is this called, is it just a random combination of things?

It's fucking rice. Just eat it.

>hurr need to cover this rice in sugar or fat to make it eatible

Fucking hell...

Hot dinner

Gravy works with rice, too. And as mentioned above, stewed beans or vegetables work well. Or just eat the rice separately. Rice is rice. It's like bread or potatoes, you don't always have to cover it up with something. If you want more flavor in white rice, add butter and parsley during the cooking process.

What you're looking for is called "red beans and rice"

OP, are you cooking crap generic rice? Try making jasmine or basmati and see if it's so horrible to eat on its own with salted water of course.

You make fried rice with old rice. It absorbs a little moisture from the oil, soy sauce and the other ingredients steam the rice a little

The flavour is fine, it's just dry and hard to eat by itself.

What rice are you eating? I eat thai jasmine cooked in a rice cooker and it's moist and fluffy.

once rice is done, stir in butter, then add Parmesan cheese - risotto the easy way.

ideally you would cook the rice with some stock

>rice is dry and hard to eat by itself
Try cooking it.

Soy sauce, a little bit of vinegar, and lemon juice. Chop up onions and garlic and put it in the mixture

+1

You do it with gravy too. Literally make it swim with gravy.

Pot roast?

Add a little more water.

pepsi

Sunny side up egg.

curry literally means gravy

Didn't mean to reply.

cream of mushroom soup
try it
its really good