>there are like 10 privacy coins that compete with it

RIP bagholders

Attached: monero.png (900x273, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ccn.com/cryptonote-currency-bug-allowed-creation-unlimited-number-coins/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you forgot that the monero dev team printed millions of moneros due to a bug

ITS PUMPING GET IN

Source? You mean this ccn.com/cryptonote-currency-bug-allowed-creation-unlimited-number-coins/ ? No monero was created during that bug

I forgot
>no cap to circulating supply

yeah, just trust (((them)))

What are some other interesting ASIC-resistant coins besides Monero?

you don't have to trust them.. you can run a node checking the key image of every transaction to see if the exploit was ever executed on the monero blockchain

>most of hash power controlled by FBI and botnets

FBI pure fud... botnets arent necessarily bad

>the ledger is already 50GB despite barely having any transactions

you can connect to a remote node, also data storage is becoming increasingly available... 50gb in 5 years may be nothing

>can never scale
bulletproofs will reduce transaction size 80% -while a short term solution , this is a problem all blockchains.

>there are like 10 privacy coins that compete with it

no other coin can compete here

i don't own any monero but the only problem i see with it is scalability.
I haven't heard of another privacy coin that even comes close

>50gb in 5 years may be nothing
in 5 years it will be at least 1TB

if true then we should be very bullish on monero

why? blocks are being created regardless of the activity of the network dumbass. most blocks are empty

yes but that means in this time it is still profitable for this miners to create blocks

do you know what it means for the block difficulty to be adjusted...? if no one mines, the difficulty goes down so it's profitable again to mine for fewer CPU cycles

what are bulletproofs?

>pow algorithm gets tweaked every 6 months to make asics pointless
>Bulletproofs will be inplemented in two steps, reducing tx size by 80%
>If monero can't scale, then neither can Bitcoin

i dont see any reason for block difficulty to decrease - lots of hashrate belong to botnet

>>pow algorithm gets tweaked every 6 months to make asics pointless
Oversimplification that only brainlets believe is cryptographically possible to do this
>>Bulletproofs will be inplemented in two steps, reducing tx size by 80%
Too little too late
>>If monero can't scale, then neither can Bitcoin
Bitcoin will scale off-chain via LN. It will be a centralized solution with KYC payment hubs.

bulletproofs a short term solution , there is also sidechain solutions for scalability in monero.

>Oversimplification that only brainlets believe is cryptographically possible to do this

why not possible?

lmao, fuck off.

>why not possible?
Because there aren't enough theoretically proven cryptographically secure hash functions available that don't have ASICs built for. New hash functions appear every now and then, but not fast enough and it'll be possible to predict what Monero will use. You can't roll your own crypto, so this ASIC-resistance method is not scalable. Much like their whole network.

And we're not taking in consideration that BTC with LN, RSK, MAST, Simplicity, Schorr sigs, Mimblewimble, TumbleBit, etc will probably put out of business every currency coin including monero. No one competes with BTC in terms of dev power and funding

Can’t you just fiddle constants or make trivial changes to the algorithm that are unlikely to interfere with its cryptographic properties, while still requiring RTL changes to keep up?

Lightning Network is an elaborate bait and switch bitcoin maximalists are using to control the narrative that bitcoin segwit can solve every crypto problem. If all of those things you mentioned were so easy to implement then where the fuck are they? Monero is already here and it works for its intended purposes. Fuck off with this thread. Saged.

B U L L E T P R O O F

Monero devs have always maintained that it was never meant to be held and that it was a tool.

Brainlets looking for a moon on this have nobody to blame but themselves. Why even give them the benefit of a post like this?

FUD PROOF, FAGGOTS

Attached: Monero.jpg (300x225, 13K)

shitcoin

Do you expect someone who is spewing his bullshit across several threads to know anything about cryptography?

Making it asic proof is as easy as hardcoding slight updates every month. Nothing to do with changing the hash function. You can simply mess with the block size here, core use there, you can even randomize these updates

This. I don't know what the fuck that guy has been talking about all day.

pretty much this. XMR is one of the most honest crypto projects that exists, which gives it 0 hype factor so in terms of price it won't go very far. It's price will most likely follow the total crypto market cap.

Attached: oijaewfio.jpg (720x370, 59K)