Making chili for dinner. I had to use chili powder because I don't have anything to grind whole ones...

making chili for dinner. I had to use chili powder because I don't have anything to grind whole ones, but at least it doesn't have any fucking beans. meat is chuck arm cubed and browned in bacon grease. added msg, brown sugar, and a little worchestershire sauce.

>I had to use chili powder

You have no legs to stand on, my lad.

looks good. probably tastes mediocre. next time add some pintos.

Beans in chili is like pineapple on pizza; it might be fundamentally wrong, but that doesn't mean it makes it worse...

>no beans

you probably don't have any onions or garlic in there either.

if I had to grind all the peppers with a mortar and pestle I wouldn't have any arms either.

Interesting. Last 3 ingredients aren't in my chili recipe *boggle* well nor is the bacon grease. In fact, I'm kind of trying to avoid all grease in it. I usually buy sirloin so there's no fat to drain. Chuck should have rendered 30% fat, no need to start a fry oil, I'd say.

Though I like worchestershire, there's an aromatic allspice flavor I wouldn't be able to mind in chili.

For whole chilies without a blender, I'd slice them thin with scissors if the knife won't through them. They kind of melt in the chili once you get them kind of minced up that way.

Did you add cumin? Don't forget that and the onions.

I recently started adding fresh roasted chilis to mine, gives a good bit of extra flavor.

>at least it doesn't have any fucking beans
Then you're making a stew more than chili

I put worchestershire in because I found out a chili I used to get at a local deli had anchovy in it. also chuck is only 30% fat if you count all of the big pieces that get trimmed off when you're cutting it up.

Jesus Christ. That looks like the toilet of some with e-coli. Enjoy

looks like dog food, senpai.

Here's a vertical for something a bit closer to chilli than yours. It still uses a lot of pre-cooked/pre-packaged ingeredients for babby's convenience.

Holy fuck it's that reddit 2am chili soap meme

>beans
>corn
>chili

finally done. chili as it was meant to be. thick, dark, meaty, and no fucking beans.

>worchestershire
Retard.

>*boggle*

To be fair that looks more like a proper chili than most of the crap you see posted here usually.

Do you ever contribute anything other than pointing out spelling errors?

Faggot

Did you use flour?

no

Looks like canned dog food desu.

you forgot the beans.
and where is the spagetti?

Why no beans? I get the meme, but beans are a filling, cheap staple filled with nutrients.

I also made chili last night:

Diced onion
Diced bell peppers
Ground beef
Red and dark red kidney beans
Diced tomatoes
Chili powder
Cumin
Black pepper
Red pepper flakes
Ground oregano
Minced garlic

Pretty good, no precise measurements.

Looks like a good chili to put over something like a hot dog or rice. By it's self it looks a bit boring. Maybe add bell peppers or corn next time.

I believe that's a "texas bowl of red"

>texas

No wonder it looks like garbage. Needs beans and more liquid. The way it is now it's just a tortilla filling, which is ok, but it damn sure ain't a good bowl of chili.

>not having beans
That's not chili then, faggot

Shut the fuck up retarded gay nigger chili fucking LITERALLY does NOT have beans

Prove it

delet this

>Chuck arm
What the fuck kind of animal are you cooking that it has an arm? Noone calls a front leg an arm weirdo

>people didn't put beans in chili a couple hundred years ago because it took too long to cook beans so now I argue chili shouldn't have beans even though it's better with beans because I'm a colossal faggot who blows the neighbours dog

Dumbass

Looks exactly like cambells chili that comes in a can. Good job if that was your mission.

OP made the first ever chili you can eat with a straw.

How did you get Worcestershire from anchovy? Those taste nothing alike to me

It's like you don't even care about food. Let me teach you how to make chili, maggot.
>ground turkey
>onion
>green pepper
>de-veined jalapenos
>celery
>garlic
>brown meat, then stir in vegetables
>2 cans of rotel w/ green chili's
>1 can of store brand diced tomoatos
>1 can of store brand chili or kidney beans
>1 small can of store brand corn
>WarChesterShire
>paprika
>cumin
>chili power
>salt
>pepper
>bring to a boil then simmer for 9 and a halv ours
Let cool before throwing in the trash and going to Wendy's.

> Let me teach you how to make chili, maggot.
>ground turkey

o i am lafffin

Anchovy is a major ingredient in Worcestershire sauce. The real stuff, anyway. Dunno about the artificial brands.

So, it's just meat and what looks like canned tomatoes in chili powder water?

Christ, good thing it doesn't have beans or else it might have some substance!

I know this is Veeky Forums and all but steep the peppers and puree in a blender. There are literally a shit load of them you can choose from. Ancho, guajillo, arbol, cascabel, chipotle, costeno, pasilla, anaheim etc.

Not OP, but I've been looking for chili recipe. Just curious do you buy canned diced tomatoes/kidney beans?

this bait is poor bait

I don't have a blender or else I would have.