Pancake vs. French toast vs. Waffle

Pancake vs. French toast vs. Waffle

vs omelette with meat and peppers?

Nah fuck that shit.

french toast

waffles and pancakes are basically the same

Good french toast will always be the best but it's a lot easier to fuck up french toast than to fuck up pancakes or waffles, so at a shitty diner pancakes and waffles are better.

depends on what i'm in the mood for. pancakes and waffles are basically the same thing so idk why you would compare french toast to them. usually i prefer pancakes but i crave waffles occasionally

pancake > waffle > fag toast

Taste-wise, of course they're similar, "waffle" is technically the shorthand for "waffled pancake". The texture is so different, though.

French toast > waffle > pancake here. Pancakes are hard to finish and are an odd moist fluff, waffles have a nice crispness and hold syrups nicely, and a good french toast has amazing texture and layers of flavor.

Never pour syrup directly on your pancakes.

that's tomato

crepe

This right here
Good French toast>good waffle>good pancake>bad waffle>bad pancake>bad French toast

Pouring syrup directly on is great for microwave pancakes. It is easy to over microwave bread foods, causing them to be tough and/or chewy. The syrup fixes that.

Anyone know a more healthier alternative to corn syrupy pancake syrup? I DO NOT like honey nor real maple syrup.

>not liking real maple syrup
Christ what a fucking plebeian.

Sugar free syrup

Actually not that bad but I don't understand how they can make something that's basically nothing but sugar sugar-free

My best guess? Chemicals

I love putting strawberry jelly on my pancakes but I'm not sure if that's healthier

I'll give it a try. I already drink sugar free energy drinks cause they taste so good. Thanks!
I can't get pass the smell. I gag at the thought of eating it.

how to make french toast

Throw bread and cinnamon into a pan while making an omelette.

People think French toast is a simple and brainless thing, and as a result its always going to be shitty. There is a specific technique to making it good. Start with the correct ingredients. You want to use the best tasting, freshest eggs you can get. You want half-and-half, not milk, and never lowfat milk. And most importantly, you need a good bread, sliced fairly thick, and a little bit stale. I like ciabatta, but any hearty French or Italian will work. You need a sturdy bread, French toast IS bread so make it a bread that YOU want to eat. Absolutely no garbage sandwich bread. Whip up your custard with the eggs and half-and-half. Custard should sit for a while to improve, Alton Brown makes it the night before. Make the custard as far in advance as you can and keep it cold. I make a few additions to the custard: salt, a spoonful of sugar, and a spoon of flour. Yes flour, google "fluffy French toast" the flour makes it good, but optional. You can flavor the custard with cinnamon or perhaps a drop of vanilla, but dont go wild. Simple is better. Soak the stale bread very well, it is sliced thick, stale, and a sturdy loaf so it can absorb. Fry it in butter until both sides are nicely brown. Use a fairly large amount of butter, and refresh it between batches. It is NOT done yet, have your oven heated to 400 F, and bake on a sheet for another 10 minutes to cook the middle and further crisp the outside. This is important! It will burn if you cook it longer in the pan. Still easy, but the ingredients selection and technique is critical to make it GREAT. Most people make shitty French toast and really should just stick to pancakes if they dont put the effort in to do it right. French toast should top the list every time if everyone tasted it expertly made, it just has more to offer than pancakes or waffles.

Fun fact, French toast is called "pain perdu" or lost bread in France

There's a good reason its made with stale, old bread! Its better that way. Lower moisture content, and more custard is absorbed in old bread, and its very sturdy and doesn't fall apart when soaked.
OP's pic is a good example of BAD French toast, made with shitty soft non-stale sandwich bread. It looks really mushy, Ill bet the inside is undercooked and gross, the outside is not crisp and buttery, and you can see the excess egg around the edges. No wonder people think French toast is bad. Because people cook it just like that >.

this, or you can make fruit syrups by boiling fruit in a simple sugar-water syrup. I've made homemade blueberry syrup that way, and while it still has a lot of sugar, at least it has some fruit and a nice flavour to it. it keeps well in the fridge too.

I rotate between French toast and waffles. Pancakes are meh...

all three are for faggots women and children but goddamn i want that omelet in the bottom left right now

d-did you write all of this out yourself? thanks user

Best case: waffle > pancake > french toast
Worst case: french toast > pancake > waffle

Waffles are the best if made / topped well, but a bad waffle can be total shit. Pancakes are reasonably consistent in quality but can still be a bit hit or miss. French toast is the most consistent butbleast stand-out.

>"waffle" is technically the shorthand for "waffled pancake"

retard