"Whenever somebody dies, a new star appears in the sky just for them"

>"Whenever somebody dies, a new star appears in the sky just for them"

Has this been done before in any major western work? I want it to play a significance in my novel, but I don't know if it would be recognized as ripping someone else off.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=how many stars are visible from earth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty sure that's a line straight out of a John Green novel.

It would be recognized as being cheesy and cliche.

Pretty sure that's a grade A way to make life on earth impossible.

What is that green hatted boy from? I see his image all the time, and it triggers a deep nostalgia in me but nothing I try gives me the source material.

The Moomins/Mumintroll.

Moomins

The Lion King has this. Do you want to be that author who rips off kids movies?

What about "Whenever somebody dies, a beautiful flower blooms".

I think I like this one better since the story takes place in the dry old west. The daughter of a rancher told this to the protagonist when the two of them were young. At the time of the novel, the main character wants to leave the town he grew up in as soon as he has enough money. A simple, illiterate farm girl definitely represents the town in his mind, so he wants nothing to do with her even if they grew up together, even if she loved him. Then she is killed by vampires. Some time later when the villagers are attacking the vampires en masse at their hideout, the MC finds the "dead" girl in vampire form, she is shot through the heart by one of the villagers and dies whispering to the MC "I wouldn't never hurt you". A flashback is triggered of the two as kids, the girl telling MC the whenever somebody dies thing, followed by him realizing he loved her and vowing to kill the head vampire. Somewhere in there I would work in star or flower or whatever I use imagery to represent the girl

I can't thank you enough

Always thought it was a girl desu

>"There are currently seven billion people alive today and the Population Reference Bureau estimates that about 107 billion people have ever lived. This means that we are nowhere near close to having more alive than dead. In fact, there are 15 dead people for every person living."

>"The number is probably infinite, but we can't see them all because light travels at a finite speed, and light has had only about 13.7 billion years to travel. This means that we cannot see any stars farther than about 13.7 billion light years away.

Within 13.7 billion light years, we can see roughly 50 billion galaxies, each of which is composed of somewhere around 100 billion stars."

Might be a bit more crowded, but it wouldn't be impossible. Not yet at least.

It's common zeitgeist by now.

>a new star appears in the sky

this implies they're visible from earth. and right now there are ~5000 stars visible from earth. with 100+ people dying every minute, it would take less than an hour to double the numbers of stars visible from earth. not that they's be noticed amongst the 107,000,000,000 additional stars that had been added, based off the numbers you quoted.

>It would be recognized as being cheesy and cliche.

Everything that will ever be written these days will be seen as cheesy and cliche, because that's the culture we live in.

Nobody believes in anything anymore, least of all romanticism.

You mean visible with the naked eye? Because otherwise there are way more than 5000 stars visible from Earth.

When will neo-romanticism become a movement? What will it entail

lmgtfy.com/?q=how many stars are visible from earth

See: new sincerity

You the guy who just posted the crappy thread on cgl too or is the image a coincidence?

It wasn't me who posted that thread, maybe someone here saw it and wanted to emulate the style

pretty shit op, better kill urself and bloom as a pretty star

he means the radiation from all the nearby stars you dingus

i like it better this way t.bh