Why do you read Veeky Forums?

Why do you read Veeky Forums?

to improve myself

I went to public school. I was bullied consistently for being Jewish. I ran track and cross country and I was very fast but often got jokes like "Of course you can run, you've all been running for 2000 years."

I decided to enroll in a Jewish high school. On the first day, we read a verse and then read the corresponding commentary by a medieval commentator. I felt like the commentator was in the room talking to us because he was pouring himself over the same words we were at the start of his own journey. The fact that a dead human from 1200 years ago could connect to me so powerfully through written word really moved me, and this is the moment I feel I was "born" as a reader.

I always loved to read, I always loved words. But I think a lot of lovers of words can identify with a moment that it suddenly meant so much more.

There's nothing else to do.

If I'm smart enough people won't question my anime figures.

I read because I was told to by a voice in my head that I perceive as a scythian enaree who became a dragon after drinking the blood of three dragons, who I regard as my daemon or holy guardian angel.

Why do some of your people (powerful ones) have a fascination with destroying the white race? Is it a cultural thing? I'm genuinely curious to hear what someone from the inside has to say.

Jews have such a complicated relationship with whiteness. On one hand, we feel totally removed and laugh at how white people can't cook and how they're incredibly ignorant of issues in the black community.

On the other hand, we feel obviously amounts of white privilege and identify with Europeans.

Interestingly Jews are often as religions as the countries in which they reside, yet the Jews in the US are amongst the least religious jews in history despite living in one of the most religious countries in the world right now

Right now I'm pursuing a BA in Jewish Thought

>He's never met a Jew
>He's unironically redpilled
>He doesn't see that correlation
i'm not that user but I got a good kek.

I've been friends with quite a few Jews. They don't function as a unit any less than other races and cultures. even your beloved white race isn't some singular animal. stop taking pills and face the fact that you alone are responsible for your life.

Depends on the level of commitment. Some Jews are very involved in the community and know very few non-Jews (such as me). Some Jews are less involved and basically live as normal white people.

You write very well, user.

that's my point exactly, and that could be said of almost all cultures. there are those heavily involved and those less involved with no singular "agenda" or hivemind idealist undercurrent like many like to believe. At the end of the day it's just "these are my people, they raised me and I love them" sort of mentality.
It's a culture, not a cult.

>white privilege

Since when are Jews white? You guys shouldn't feel bad about that. If Jews actually lived around different European descendant communities they would understand that the true divide in privilege is monetary, class, and cultural-ethnic. It's never about the inherent color of your skin in entirety, it's more about the way you speak, your family history, and how much money you have. That's why niggers get the shit end of the stick.

I have become more interested in Jewish thought and have been wondering if there are any ways to subvert them and destroy them from the inside since every instance of trying to destroyed them from without has historically failed.

Do you have any suggestions in this regard?

to escape reality

To catch that glimpse of something beautiful, which totally transcends my existence and connects me with something greater than I, or any of us, can ever be.

But mostly to pass the time, because life is fucking gay and boring.

Their skin color is pretty white compared to blacks, latinos and other races, I think that's why they get some of the "white privilage"

White refers to ethnically-culturally-and linguistically European, Jews are not any of those. They are a privileged minority that has nothing to do with the color of their skin but how much they have peddled people throughout history. It amazes me that this is not talked about more in the mainstream.

Well, you live on a different world user

>ignores my claim

Well, I guess it's expected. One of these days, look into it and perhaps you will finally see.

I've been long enough on the internet to know where this will lead, and you know too, so let's just not waste our time.

Thanks. Unsolicited advice: I did copy work from great writers. As Ben Franklin did, I would take a moving passage of literature or philosophy and take notes on it. Then I'd write it from my head and compare with the original. Then I'd turn it to poetry and see if it got the same point across. Turn the poetry to prose. Etc.

Yeah, I am very pro-Israel/against the two-state solution and I see people further right than me essentially knowing no one Jewish and believing the goyim are terrible. This is also an admittedly small part of the population

Try reading Herzl. The main paradigm for understanding Zionist writers is that they all identified a problem for Jews and offered Israel and some other solution. Herzl identified competition with western Europeans for elite positions as the source of contention and thought moving to Israel would solve the issue.

Indeed. Interestingly, when my mom was growing up, she didn't check white on the census. Neither did Arabs. Now she identifies as white but Jewish as an ethnicity.

sometimes it feels spiritually healing, other times it feels fun, other times because is interesting and i want to learn more. idk, why do you do anything?

To impress girls

>Herzl

Thanks user, I'll give him a try, the Zionist movement has always fascinated me, and to hear the different arguments for it at the inception would be a really good read.

>when my mom was growing up, she didn't check white on the census

What changed? I feel the same thing about the Hispanic/Latino thing since I'm of Mexican descent. I feel like someone in the mid-2000s decided that everyone was white.

I lost a bet.

In the mid 80s they decided Middle Easterners, Jews, Catholics were white

what? is this real?

Yes

>despite living in one of the most religious countries in the world right now
>USA
>one of the most religious countries in the world
Are you joking ?

where

this.

good post.

for the aesthetics. i work in a related medium and have a phobia of being unoriginal

>a phobia of being unoriginal

How original of you.

>i'm a rapper

Remember that all great artists were delusional narcissists. Convince yourself that you are a genius and eventually people may believe you.

same reason I watch slice of life anime

>The fact that a dead human from 1200 years ago could connect to me so powerfully through written word really moved me, and this is the moment I feel I was "born" as a reader.
Know that feel, user. Gilgamesh did that for me

Just in case.

Just because Jews don't function as a unit, like other groups doesn't mean there are not patterns and influences that emerges, and tendencies among Jews that are greater than in other groups.

Muslims are not a hivemind either, but if you have a lot of muslims in your country there will probably be islamic terrorism. And if you have alot of Jews in your country, you will be way more likely to end up with a soulless, multicultural hellhole.

Jews work towards their own interest as a group (consciously and unconsciously) and this seems to them to mean working against nationalism and social conservatism.

The effect of the presence of any group in a society is not a function of that groups outliers.

I don't do it for escapism but rather to feel that same connection that others have already talked about, to see how they approach it and to see that I'm not alone in a lot of my thoughts or problems

Also because it's just fun

THIS

Girls fucking splurge their pants when they see me reading Ulysses in public. That's right, I just said splurge. It's called a Joycean neologism, baby.

This guy gets it.

I read for a few reason. First, I will admit to being a failed
STEMfag. I read and essentially study literature as a hobby to feel
better about myself -- at least I'll be a well-rounded failure.

I also read for personal improvement. To improve my vocabulary,
reading comprehension, writing, etc. Or to gain any other ostensible
benefit from it. Some say it makes you more empathetic, and I'd have
to agree; girls say men who read are more attractive...etc.

But now that I've been reading more, it's been about a full year since
I've really started to read, I can see these things beginning to
change. I read for beauty, I read to feel, I read to think. Reading
helps me to articulate my own thoughts, thoughts that are so hazy and
clouded I could have never made anything of them on my own. Then a
book will come along and provide precipitation. Maybe just a little,
but sometimes it's overwhelming sublime and cathartic. I suppose this
is that connection with the author people speak of.

As for escapism, I find books unsuitable for that. Books invest me
more heavily in the world, because they give you something else to
compare it to. In someways the world seems more beautiful, in
otherways it seems more horrible.

Because it feels comfy, and no other media gives me the same warm and relaxed feeling and balance of mind which stays.

Remember the Balfour declaration addressed to Jacob Rothschild and the Zionist organisation in 1917?
Try mentioning Zionists or Rothschilds now in 2016 and see how seriously no one under like 40 takes you, regardless of the context.
That's what real money buys you.
A complete self enforced ban on criticism of you by the plebs of the world.

To find myself

mfw this is probably true

wait what commentator?

It helps me not feel like a complete moron

>"Of course you can run, you've all been running for 2000 years."
I laughed more than I should've

I lack the conviction to do otherwise.

To alter myself

>he's a jew
>lets suck his cock for no reason

I was expecting more from Veeky Forums to be honest, its still Veeky Forums not normiechan for fuck's sake.

Veeky Forums is a website for "normies" though. If you don't like it you're free to fuck off to /r9k/ or better yet, contain yourself on wizardchan.

Veeky Forums's by far most visited boards, /b/ and /pol/, are very much aware of the semitic problem. Hardly a normie site.

>for no reason
>being the g-d's chosen isn't a reason

s.m.h @ u goy

For aesthetic pleasure, you god dammed philistines.

To discern when someone asks me whether I read in general or just Veeky Forums in particular.